shape
carat
color
clarity

Why jewelers do not want you to buy stones online/Whiteflash

bbrocaille12

Rough_Rock
Is Whiteflash really a good place to buy stones online? I will be purchasing through their virtual selection since they don't carry pear shapes in house. Can I expect my diamond to be what they say it is? And why do jewelers want you not to buy online? Of course they want you to purchase through them, but if I can avoid the extra expense why not? I will still need my loose diamond set in the ring mount I like since I have not found anything through Whitelash that fits specifically what I'm looking for. Been having trouble with some jewelers not wanting to set a stone I will be purchasing elsewhere. Anyone have experience/expertise on this, and what lecture/ speech can I expect to hear from a jeweler if I tell them where the stone came from?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Why jewelers do not want you to buy stones online/Whitef

I am in the process of purchasing studs from WF. I have been disappointed in the hoops I had to jump through to make a purchase on my credit card vs. wire transfer. Also, they won't provide an appraisal to me and are encouraging me to use some insurer that they work with. I wouldn't buy from them again. But I would buy online. I had a good experience with Goodoldgold. But that was in 2006.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock

I am in the process of purchasing studs from WF. I have been disappointed in the hoops I had to jump through to make a purchase on my credit card vs. wire transfer. Also, they won't provide an appraisal to me and are encouraging me to use some insurer that they work with. I wouldn't buy from them again. But I would buy online. I had a good experience with Goodoldgold. But that was in 2006.

canadagirl

Rough_Rock

I purchased a 5 stone band from Whiteflash and the experience was great! I had no problem with the credit card and I was given all of the relevant information. They did not provide an appraisal (which initially did suprise me) but when I had an appraisal done locally, I was quite pleased that the ring was valued for more than I had paid. I am looking forward to my next purchase - either through Whiteflash or other online vendors recommended through PS members. No hesitation here at all!! Also, I am looking a pear shape for my next purchase and LOVE what JA has available! Hope this helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results