shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is the Guy Across the Hall From Me...Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drop-dead GORGEOUS????
20.gif
I recently moved into a new apartment, it''s in an old Victorian house with just 4 units. I''m on the first floor, and the guy who lives directly across from mine is absolutely stunning. Like, MODEL stunning. I am typically an outgoing, talkative gal, but every time I pass him coming or going, I get freaking TONGUE-TIED, can''t muster up more than a completely unenthusiastic "hi", and hurry on my way. He''s very friendly, etc., but I am a nervous wreck, ha ha!

There really is no point to this thread...unless anyone has a similar story to share about someone who has this effect on them (probably your S.O.s!) I just wanted to vent--I feel like I can''t walk the dog without looking semi-presentable!
9.gif

If anyone throws out a line about borrowing sugar..........huh. Maybe I should learn how to bake things that don''t involve a box and pre-made mix.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hee, well, you''re probably coming off as that gorgeous, mysterious woman across the hall to him, so it''s all good, right? Unless he''s gay...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 12:48:39 PM
Author: Selkie
Hee, well, you''re probably coming off as that gorgeous, mysterious woman across the hall to him, so it''s all good, right? Unless he''s gay...
Hahahaha, yeah! Maybe HE will need to borrow some sugar? My gaydar isn''t going off...then again, I''ve been wrong before.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee, well, you're probably coming off as that gorgeous, mysterious woman across the hall to him, so it's all good, right? Unless he's gay...
Ditto,

Monarch, you are gorgeous, now go borrow some sugar from him!!!! hahahaha
31.gif
27.gif
9.gif
or a beer!!!
embeer.gif
I vote for beer though. hehe
9.gif
Keep us posted too!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol...

Monarch- do say something... strike up a conversation and report back
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Listen...say hi. What is worst that can happen? You said he''s friendly. Next time you see him, if you can''t find words...smile.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 12:55:52 PM
Author: D&T

lol...

Monarch- do say something... strike up a conversation and report back
1.gif
Why do I have to make the first move? LOL!

Skippy, I did see him carrying in a case of Tecate last Friday. I should''ve asked to borrow one of those, ha ha.

Not only is this man just physically beautiful, he''s apparently in the military because he wears fatigues every day. I am, unfortunately, a sucker for a guy in a suit or a guy in a uniform. Especially if said uniform happens to typically be in the form of the fatigue pants/boots/tee shirt (no jacket--he must take it off before he gets in the car.) Swoon. Impure thoughts. Bad, bad Monnie.
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
control yourself M64...don't rape him !!
9.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, Monnie, been there! When I was in the midst of wedding planning madness, I kept ordering stuff online that had to be signed for upon delivery. Lo and behold, our fedex guy is DELICIOUS. The first time I saw him, I opened the door, and "Hello gorgeous!" popped out of my mouth before I could stop it! Soooooo embarrassing, and the guy teased me mercilessly about it every time I saw him after that! Now, my DH and I joke about it--any time he''s bugging me or we''re fussing or anything, one of us will make a crack about how I''m going to leave him for Joe Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 1:13:48 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
control yourself M64...don''t rape him !!
9.gif
LOL, DancingFire, no worries. I can barely make eye contact with him, I don''t think my self-control will be challenged!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 1:21:58 PM
Author: doodle
Hahaha, Monnie, been there! When I was in the midst of wedding planning madness, I kept ordering stuff online that had to be signed for upon delivery. Lo and behold, our fedex guy is DELICIOUS. The first time I saw him, I opened the door, and ''Hello gorgeous!'' popped out of my mouth before I could stop it! Soooooo embarrassing, and the guy teased me mercilessly about it every time I saw him after that! Now, my DH and I joke about it--any time he''s bugging me or we''re fussing or anything, one of us will make a crack about how I''m going to leave him for Joe Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3.gif
Doodle, that''s hilarious!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its lovely and fun and exciting for you! Enjoy it! If he is gay then you will have a lovely friend next door. If he is straight...who knows!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go on Mon - go and ask him for a cup of sugar!
emlove.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could just leave it open-ended and just ask him for some "sugar" and see where his mind goes.
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, you are so darn adorable. Just give him a big smile and say HI. Smiles do wonders.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
go ask him if his big bulky muscles can help you with something heavy in the apartment
31.gif

or you can ask if he knows how to unclog your pipe?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 2:00:51 PM
Author: elledizzy5
You could just leave it open-ended and just ask him for some ''sugar'' and see where his mind goes.
31.gif
Yeah, "sugar" does have certain other implications.
30.gif
Ha hahaha!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, you''re right, it''s always good to make friends!

Lorelei, thanks for the encouragement. I grew up not allowed to date until I was 16, and my mother and father would NOT let me call boys...I am just not used to making the first move or initiating anything, I guess!

Linda, thank you! It is soooo unlike me to not be friendlier, especially when someone says hello to me first!

Atroop, too funny! ''Specially the "unclog your pipe" part. Bad girl!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol monnie this made me think of the other day i was walking into our doggie daycare and parked behind a new Audi A6. then walked up to the door only to find it being held open for me by one of the most beautiful looking men i have ever seen. mouth-watering car. holds the door open. i was tempted to be like.... are you single? umm i have FRIENDS. whats your #. hahhaa. and then of course later i thought he MUST be gay..his dog's name was Sophia. HAHA. well either that or married.

when i saw your neighbor with tecate i would have been like 'are you gonna share?' accompanied by a mischevious grin.
3.gif
good luck darling!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 2:57:34 PM
Author: Mara
lol monnie this made me think of the other day i was walking into our doggie daycare and parked behind a new Audi A6. then walked up to the door only to find it being held open for me by one of the most beautiful looking men i have ever seen. mouth-watering car. holds the door open. i was tempted to be like.... are you single? umm i have FRIENDS. whats your #. hahhaa. and then of course later i thought he MUST be gay..his dog''s name was Sophia. HAHA. well either that or married.

when i saw your neighbor with tecate i would have been like ''are you gonna share?'' accompanied by a mischevious grin.
3.gif
good luck darling!
I know, I had the perfect opening, but he was walking through the front door and I was way behind him still on the sidewalk. I would''ve had to hightail it to catch up and it probably would''ve looked really obvious. Timing is everything when you''re trying to lay your mac down, ha ha ha.
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Don''t make the first move.
Just keep looking cute and flashing that Monnie smile.

Men''s first attempts are the. best.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 3:32:41 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Don''t make the first move.
Just keep looking cute and flashing that Monnie smile.

Men''s first attempts are the. best.
ROFL. I like your style, SP! His first attempts (if that''s what they are) have been kinda lame so far...but I haven''t been coming off as very receptive so maybe he just doesn''t want to bug me. Note to self: stop being a dumba$$/aloof/standoffish/unapproachable/growapair. LOL

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha I guarantee you he thinks you''re gorgeous and intimidating. (If he''s straight, that is!) Whenever I think a guy is hot I get horribly awkward and just completely ignore him...and it works for me! (Or I should say, it''s worked for me in the past, what with me being an almost married woman!
3.gif
)

I had a little hottie in one of my classes who would stare at me CONSTANTLY. As in, every time I looked up in class he''d be staring at me. Which made me even more awkward and ignore him even more, which made him love me even more, I guess, because a mutual friend of ours told me that he went on and on for about an hour to her about how much he liked me and how cool I was. So I say, keep playing it awkwardly cool for a while longer and see what happens!
3.gif

P.S. Doodle, your story about the FedEx man is HILARIOUS!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My first apartment that was all mine was occupied by a woman in her mid-twenties before I moved in. She met a neighbor (two doors down), fell in love, and they were getting married and buying a house. So cute.

I had a gorgeous neighbor in that same building. He had a bit of an ego and I wasn''t interested in dating him (I was already dating DH at the time), but he was fun to look at. He hooked up with another neighbor, cute, insecure girl, and she went gaga over him. The feelings weren''t mutual.

I hope this guy turns out to be a nice new friend, if not more, Monnie.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
This post made me smile. He probably thinks he is being tongue-tied around you and he might be telling his friends about this hot, mysterious woman who lives in his building.
31.gif

There is a really cute fireman who lives in the live/work lofts where I work. I see him occasionally and he is sooooo cute. I amuse myself by parking my car next to his car. I haven''t bothered to tell my DH about him.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you need a recipe that calls for a cup or two of sugar?

"Hi, I''m so sorry to bother you, but could I perhaps borrow a cup of sugar? I seemed to have not noticed that I ran out. Btwyouregorgeousthanksbye!"

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Why is he drop-dead gorgeous? Because you live a charmed life!
2.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The answer to your question is; because God loves you and knows you deserve some eye candy!!!

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Monnie! Just think of the stories you''ll have to tell! even if they end with, "and I never saw him again", THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS FOR!!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Don''t you have something in the apartment that just doesn''t work right and needs fixed or some heavy piece of furniture that needs moved? (Rearrange the living room just for the fun of it) Us guys love showing off manly skills and muscles--works much better than borrowing sugar. Then of course you would fix him dinner for a thank you, then . . . . . .
31.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
"Hi, I'm your new sugar across the hall, can I borrow a cup of neighbour?"

31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results