shape
carat
color
clarity

Why hasn’t this unicorn been snatched yet?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Saw this stone and thinking to myself maybe I should have waited and grabbed this one instead. I’m surprised no one has snatched this unicorn. Are the feathers close to the girdle what’s keeping people from buying this stone? What do you all think? Thank you!!
@blueMA - you know my current stone’s proportions. What do you think of this one? It has a larger table. Brighter but less fire?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4066978.htm

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 - I can't find your proportions but I do remember it was a fiery one with nice chunky arrows. :love:
I wouldn't call any nicely cut ACA a "unicorn," unless it comes at a noticeable bargain.
There are many factors aside the proportions that may affect buyer's decision, such as the crystal smack in the middle of the table, girdle feathers, not enough cost savings for right under the 2ct mark, color, etc. I'd say Whiteflash probably had enough contenders near the price level for this stone to be grabbed as of yet.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 - I can't find your proportions but I do remember it was a fiery one with nice chunky arrows. :love:
I wouldn't call any nicely cut ACA a "unicorn," unless it comes at a noticeable bargain.
There are many factors aside the proportions that may affect buyer's decision, such as the crystal smack in the middle of the table, girdle feathers, not enough cost savings for right under the 2ct mark, color, etc. I'd say Whiteflash probably had enough contenders near the price level for this stone to be grabbed as of yet.
Thanks, @blueMA. I thought this qualifies as a “unicorn” as it’s just under the 2 carat mark, an ACA, and granted the crystal right on the table does not affect its performance. I stand corrected ;-). I’ve heard mixed opinions on feathers near the girdle but I feel it’s best to avoid stones with them?

Thanks so much for your input.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
it’s best to avoid stones with them?

I'm personally not deterred by a feather near the girdle, and I doubt ACA qualifying stones with feathers would cause significant structural integrity issue. Whenever in doubt, I'd call Whiteflash to ask for their opinion based on the size/position of the inclusion. Pretty sure the crystal wouldn't affect the performance, but it does cause mind-clean issue with many people looking to spend so much $ near the 2ct range.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't see anything special in this stone.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although ACAs under the ct markers aren’t as plentiful as with non ideal sellers, they do happen and aren’t “unusual”.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long has the stone been out there? Cert is dated 12/7/18 so I'm guessing the stone was actually listed and available mid December.

It's only been 30 days or so. I'm not sure how quick their inventory turns but that doesn't seem abnormal to me.

Also I think it coming in as a mid December stone might have missed the Christmas rush and with both Christmas and New Years fell in a weird time cycle where people may be recouping from gift expenditures.

Looking at the stone, it looks quite fiery and has 76 LGF's so it would also have some chunky arrows. Maybe the crystal on the table bothers more picky mind clean buyers but being VS2 it still looks good and not problematic.

I didn't analyze to see how it priced against barely 2 carat stones but WF seems pretty good at pricing their stones fairly and inline with market conditions.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @sledge. I thought maybe the inclusion on the table and the few feathers right on the girdle may not make this a “unicorn” after all. My bad :(.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see anything special in this stone.
Thanks, @EvaEvans. I made the wrong assumption that it’s priced well and although there’s inclusion on the table, it could be completely eye clean. Trying to learn what makes people jump to grab a stone and what makes people pass it up especially it’s near the 2 ct Mark.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @EvaEvans. I made the wrong assumption that it’s priced well and although there’s inclusion on the table, it could be completely eye clean. Trying to learn what makes people jump to grab a stone and what makes people pass it up especially it’s near the 2 ct Mark.

I don’t think you made a mistake! There may not be anything “special” about this stone, but it is an ACA right under the 2 carat mark. If you consider that it looks like two carats without the price jump and eye-clean, it may well be someone’s unicorn. As one of the things sledge mentioned, it looks like the stone is a relatively new addition. Now that the link to it is posted, it will probably sell, lol.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You didn't make any wrong assumptions! 20k for a 8mm H VS2 super ideal cut is a great deal! Try searching JA, BN, Enchanted sites for these specs and it will be hard to find! On top of that, the upgrade policy and service from WF is on a whole different level!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @CareBear. Trying to learn what makes PS’ers go for it or just go ho-hum. I thought it’s a great deal. Making me wonder if I
should have been more patient and picked this one instead of what I just bought 5 weeks ago ;-). Which by the way, I’m very happy with but you know... as you mentioned, hitting that 8mm mark ;-) and being here on PS, thinking of my next upgrade already although I just got my newest upgrade 5 weeks ago .

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think you made a mistake! There may not be anything “special” about this stone, but it is an ACA right under the 2 carat mark. If you consider that it looks like two carats without the price jump and eye-clean, it may well be someone’s unicorn. As one of the things sledge mentioned, it looks like the stone is a relatively new addition. Now that the link to it is posted, it will probably sell, lol.
Thanks, @kmoro ;)2

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @CareBear. Trying to learn what makes PS’ers go for it or just go ho-hum. I thought it’s a great deal. Making me wonder if I
should have been more patient and picked this one instead of what I just bought 5 weeks ago ;-). Which by the way, I’m very happy with but you know... as you mentioned, hitting that 8mm mark ;-) and being here on PS, thinking of my next upgrade already although I just got my newest upgrade 5 weeks ago .

Nice thing about WF trade in is you can utilize it if you want and trade stones. Needs to be equal or higher value.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
0A969F00-7408-463E-AD96-A22194DE80C5.jpeg
Nice thing about WF trade in is you can utilize it if you want and trade stones. Needs to be equal or higher value.
Thanks, @sledge. I’m being impulsive hahaa. What do you think of the above stone compared to my stats?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
0A969F00-7408-463E-AD96-A22194DE80C5.jpeg
Thanks, @sledge. I’m being impulsive hahaa. What do you think of the above stone compared to my stats?

You're being obsessive LOL
I like yours better. You have a great stone to be proud of. Enjoy it!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
You're being obsessive LOL
I like yours better. You have a great stone to be proud of. Enjoy it!

Hahaha! Thanks, @blueMA. I know, right? This is what being here on PS is doing to me ;)2. I should just breathe and relax and plan for my upgrade to higher color and a jump in size to 8.5mm for my big bday this year. I would of course love a much bigger one but it won’t be conducive to my lifestyle ;-)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha! Thanks, @blueMA. I know, right? This is what being here on PS is doing to me ;)2. I should just breathe and relax and plan for my upgrade to higher color and a jump in size to 8.5mm for my big bday this year. I would of course love a much bigger one but it won’t be conducive to my lifestyle ;-)

Hahahaha ... I also just got a diamond and I’m already going to upgrade to a slightly bigger size ... singing WF praises as they are having it cut!

I don’t know if I love Pricescope or not! lol - joking - love you all! My wallet on the other hand ... :wall:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
LOFL. Yup we've all gone nuts. I need to get my sanity back and be more productive in life.

My plan is to get to my forever diamond as soon as possible ... however, that was my plan from the start. lol. Didn’t quite manage it on the first try.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking of upgrading to this stone? Upgrading with WF is a pain-free process, as you already know, and you can probably re-use the same setting if the two stones are within a 0.1mm diameter difference. However, the size difference is minimal and based on the photos you posted, I'm guessing your current stone is a 'high' H. My H looks more tinted than yours. Since you already have concerns that your H is not white enough, you will be disappointed if it ends up a 'lower' H than your current stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My plan is to get to my forever diamond as soon as possible ... however, that was my plan from the start. lol. Didn’t quite manage it on the first try.

Can't wait to see what you are getting!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am not allowed to comment on an individual diamond as per forum rules. I think I can fairly say that if you go look at many 2.00 to 2.05 ct diamonds on sites that are not restricted to top top quality cutting that many of those diamonds will be smaller in diameter and cost more than the diamond you brought to our attention.

Stand tall Dmndsr4evr!

Wink

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha ... I also just got a diamond and I’m already going to upgrade to a slightly bigger size ... singing WF praises as they are having it cut!

I don’t know if I love Pricescope or not! lol - joking - love you all! My wallet on the other hand ... :wall:
@kmoro -can’t wait to see what you’re getting! ;-).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Are you thinking of upgrading to this stone? Upgrading with WF is a pain-free process, as you already know, and you can probably re-use the same setting if the two stones are within a 0.1mm diameter difference. However, the size difference is minimal and based on the photos you posted, I'm guessing your current stone is a 'high' H. My H looks more tinted than yours. Since you already have concerns that your H is not white enough, you will be disappointed if it ends up a 'lower' H than your current stone.
@CareBear -yeah, but @blueMA knocked some sense into me :).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I am not allowed to comment on an individual diamond as per forum rules. I think I can fairly say that if you go look at many 2.00 to 2.05 ct diamonds on sites that are not restricted to top top quality cutting that many of those diamonds will be smaller in diameter and cost more than the diamond you brought to our attention.

Stand tall Dmndsr4evr!

Wink
Thanks, @Wink ;-).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results