shape
carat
color
clarity

Why can''t Palin describe the responsibilites of VP?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she is completely unqualified to be VP? That and her total lack of intellectual curiosity!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:00:03 AM
Author: thing2of2
her total lack of intellectual curiosity!
3.gif
Nail on the head. Today it was reported that she doesn''t know who Oliver Stone is. Guess it came up backstage at SNL. Not saying you need to know famous directors to be the VP, Luckystar ... but I think its indicative of her Mavericky selective style of self-education. What newspapers does she read? NONE!

luckylux

Rough_Rock
I''m sure her supporters are thinking that she''s being picked on and such, but the problem is, she is the one that started all this. Apparently there was an interview very early on where she was essentially saying that she''s busy as governor of Alaska and someone needed to tell her what the VP does. Well, after multiple opportunities to answer correctly as a VP candidate, she''s still going w/ her mavericky, we''re going to do things differently and we''re going to make policy changes that are good for the people. I''m not sure why the RNC can''t just put it on some index cards for her?
Here''s a link to a Hardball interview w/ Nancy P. a RNC senior policy adviser.link She answers in the same way Palin does! It''s interesting to watch b/c Matthews brings up that when Lyndon B. Johnson went from being the Senate Majority Leader to VP, he tried to participate and he was pretty much put in his place. The VP does have to keep informed about everything, it''s part of being ready to be president.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, this has gone on for too long for her to just be "busy as Governor". I too can forgive the 3rd grader comment, but this has happened more than that time...I''m not convinced she even understands the position she is running for!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it just me, or if (horror of all horrors) McCain/Palin win, doesn''t it seem like McCain won''t listen to a word Palin says? He must know she''s useless, and he also seems a bit misogynistic to me.

My guess is she''ll do a whole lot of nothing as VP. Except stir up the far right and get the crazies all riled up, that is!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 1:41:21 PM
Is it just me, or if (horror of all horrors) McCain/Palin win, doesn''t it seem like McCain won''t listen to a word Palin says? He must know she''s useless, and he also seems a bit misogynistic to me.

My guess is she''ll do a whole lot of nothing as VP. Except stir up the far right and get the crazies all riled up, that is!

Unless McCain becomes incapacitated...his health is pretty bad. That is actually what worries me the most, not him being elected, but SP having to take over and be president! I would be a *lot* less anti-McCain if he had chosen a different running mate.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Well, in my experience, a 47 year old man, who is tall and thin can be very unhealthy too. My brother-in-law was tall, thin, never drank or smoked. Excercised moderately, ate healthy, took vitamins. Married, with kids. High stress job. Had one heart attack and a year later had the 2nd fatal one. Just dropped dead. You better have a good VP choice no matter who you are. Obama is just as likely to drop dead as McCain. And yes, in this case Biden is the better VP choice.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:54:38 PM
Author: starsapphire
Well, in my experience, a 47 year old man, who is tall and thin can be very unhealthy too. My brother-in-law was tall, thin, never drank or smoked. Excercised moderately, ate healthy, took vitamins. Married, with kids. High stress job. Had one heart attack and a year later had the 2nd fatal one. Just dropped dead. You better have a good VP choice no matter who you are. Obama is just as likely to drop dead as McCain. And yes, in this case Biden is the better VP choice.

While I agree that someone seemingly healthy can be unhealthy as well, Obama is certainly not just as likely to drop dead as McCain if you look at health histories and age among other things.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Palin is a mega-maniacal narcissist who thinks that the role of the VP is only proscribed by her personal ambition. Her dreams of grandeur make it difficult to give a concise or coherent response.

Don''t bother flaming me. I am not being sarcastic, I really 100% believe this.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess we should all be glad she isn''t homeshcooling her kids!
2.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:36:04 PM
Author: trillionaire
Palin is a mega-maniacal narcissist who thinks that the role of the VP is only proscribed by her personal ambition. Her dreams of grandeur make it difficult to give a concise or coherent response.

i actually totally agree with you

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:32:13 PM
Author: mimzy

9.gif
Glad I am not alone. I think I meant megalomaniacal? Anyway, I think everyone gets the point.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (měg''ə-lō-mā''nē-ə, -mān''yə) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:40:29 PM
Date: 10/23/2008 8:32:13 PM

9.gif
Glad I am not alone. I think I meant megalomaniacal? Anyway, I think everyone gets the point.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (měg''ə-lō-mā''nē-ə, -mān''yə-) Pronunciation Key

n.

1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.

2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.
that''s actually funny because originially when i replied i read it as megalomaniac, then i went back and saw you wrote something different and i''m like ''hmmmm i hope i still agree with her because i''m not totally sure what that is'' haha
3.gif
(when i think of maniacal i think of some crazy person laughing for no reason haha)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

You're joking, right? There is really no way that a 47-year-old man is as likely to drop dead as a 72-year-old man. Especially when the 47-year-old man is Obama and the 72-year-old man is McCain.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2008 9:41:19 PM

You''re joking, right? There is really no way that a 47-year-old man is as likely to drop dead as a 72-year-old man. Especially when the 47-year-old man is Obama and the 72-year-old man is McCain.
Somebody!! Quick!! Alert the actuaries!! There''s not a moment to lose!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:48:10 PM
Date: 10/23/2008 8:40:29 PM

that''s actually funny because originially when i replied i read it as megalomaniac, then i went back and saw you wrote something different and i''m like ''hmmmm i hope i still agree with her because i''m not totally sure what that is'' haha
3.gif
(when i think of maniacal i think of some crazy person laughing for no reason haha)

LOL, I am one of those people that obsesses over my own typos. I can forgive others their typos, but mine make me batty!
4.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 9:53:32 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 10/23/2008 9:41:19 PM

You''re joking, right? There is really no way that a 47-year-old man is as likely to drop dead as a 72-year-old man. Especially when the 47-year-old man is Obama and the 72-year-old man is McCain.
Somebody!! Quick!! Alert the actuaries!! There''s not a moment to lose!!!

3.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Statistically speaking, I am betting the actuary table would go with McCain to die first.

Politically speaking, I would have to bet Obama. Sad, but true. I think some crazy fool will try to kill Obama.
38.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Lol, I liked SNL''s take on the VP...

video

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 9:12:10 AM
Author:MaggieB
I was giving her a pass for the ''talking to the third grader'' response. Okay, maybe she was just being folksy there - whatever. I didn''t realize it was something she was doing repeatedly! What is the spin on this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/21/keith-olbermann-campaign_n_136733.html
Let''s be clear: The Huffington Post is not unbiased. In any way. So whatever you read, hear, see from Ariana Huff ''n Puff is usually not the full truth. Same with Mr Obamaman.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 11:40:19 AM
Author: HollyS

Date: 10/23/2008 9:12:10 AM
Author:MaggieB
I was giving her a pass for the ''talking to the third grader'' response. Okay, maybe she was just being folksy there - whatever. I didn''t realize it was something she was doing repeatedly! What is the spin on this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/21/keith-olbermann-campaign_n_136733.html
Let''s be clear: The Huffington Post is not unbiased. In any way. So whatever you read, hear, see from Ariana Huff ''n Puff is usually not the full truth. Same with Mr Obamaman.
Let''s be clear: The bias of The Huffington Post is not relevant here. The link is a video, and it is a compilation of Sarah Palin speaking over and over again. My comment was based on her repeatedly misstating the function of the Vice President.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results