shape
carat
color
clarity

why can''t I open elmyrservices.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the vendors have siamond pictures posted on this site, but I can never get this site to open. I use Internet Explorer. Any help would be appreciated!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janis, I can open it. Where can I find what you are looking for?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, S!, Look down at "What do you think of this stone?" posted by Small. He (?) has a link posted in the first post but does not know how to copy and paste the picture on his thread. I have tried to get those links to open from Wink''s site before, but they won''t open on my computer. I can''t figure out why!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
LOL...this ''he'' is a she! I hope you figure it out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, thanks for telling me! It''s hard to know when we have these generic kind of names on here! I am hoping Tacori will see this so she can post the picture of the diamond on your thread. I just cannot get that site to open at all on this computer.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having trouble attaching files, I wonder if anyone else is...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That site is not friendly to anything other than IE, but if you are using a pop up blocker it will not allow the Sarin photos to open. Also you must first download the Sarin viewer which there is a button at the Elmyr page to allow you to do that.

You are using IE so that should not be a problem, but if you are using a pop up blocker that may be why. d

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Wink,

I did unblock my pop-ups. I even tried just going to the homepage of the site and it won''t open at all. So I can''t download the Sarin viewer. I''ll try again when I get home tonight!

Thanks!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey seeker,

I find it very disturbing that you cannot open this Elmyr-Visagem-link. For the old type of Visagem, they only worked on Internet Explorer, but the new format works on Mozilla as well.

Anyway, could you check, whether it still does not work, when you start from the Infinity-site: link to stone

If not, please e-mail me directly (address on our site), and we will try to figure out what is the problem. After all, if we can fix it for you, we probably are fixing it for a number of other users.

Live long,

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paul
Quite frankly I gave up trying to use your site a long time ago.
I have a new mac at home and at work we get new PCs every year.
No computer I have ever used has been able to see your data.

I have never been able to open things on your site.
I do appreciate your willingness to help individuals.
And I do appreciate that it may be necessary for us to download something.

But there is a rule of thumb when it comes to websites.
If it takes any longer than two seconds the average customer will just move on.
We are a bunch of instant-gratification addicts.
Sad, but true.

Very few customers will bother to inform you that they gave up and moved on.

I strongly recommend if you feel having a website is important to your business that you make it as easy and fast as possible for ALL of your potential customers to see everything.

Your competitors do.

If you feel maintaining a website is cool but doesn't really add to your business then you should take it down or delete the links that people can't get to work.
A site that doesn't work does not leave a good impression of your business.
Customers use funny things to decide who to do business with.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have pop-up blocker of similar on? it would have to be something with your browser settings. i can open everything just fine.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle
My point is some websites work effortlessly for everyone.

This one doesn't.

Yeah we can troublshoot the problem for each person.
But if it was MY business I'd take the hint and make it work instantly for everyone, with no hassles.

For every person who vocalizes their difficulty a hundred probably just say screw it and move on.
That's a lot of lost opportunity.

And, No, I don't have pop up filters at work or at home.
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Uncle Bill has taken it upon himself to install a pop up blocker in one of the many updates that I receive to Windows. I have not found a way to turn it off and it is very annoying at times. That would be Uncle Bill''s fault, not Paul''s. I know that Paul has been constantly working with Elmyr to get them to correct these problems. He pays them good money, more than $50 per stone to take photos, gemprints, Sarin''s, idealscopes and soon ASET photos of each stone in an attempt to get quality information to each client.

He feels that it gives greater credibility to have an unbiased 3rd party make the information available as that way he has no ability to "tweak" any of the information. You are right, that many will not bother to tell him it is not working for everyone, but fortunately there are many people for whom it does work. Still it is frustrating that one company can so control what other people see and that they feel free to change it any time they want no matter what it does to those already using their product.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am able to open it from the Infinity site and from Small''s link (which I assume is from Wink''s site) from my work computer (which is not where I usually should be looking at diamonds!) I''ll try the Infinity site from my home computer later today. I did disable my Norton pop-up blocker last night, but that didn''t work. So now maybe I need to see if there is a second pop-up blocker on Windows or something. Thanks!

The visuals REALLY help and I find myself looking most at the vendors that have pictures and certs provided.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Wink!
2.gif

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I have a Mac and I use Safari as my browser. Very occasionally, I can''t open a web page with Safari so I do have IE for Macs as a back-up. The elmyr site doesn''t work at all in Safari, but does work (albeit looking a bit ugly) in IE for Mac.

However, I agree with Kenny, I am one of the users who doesn''t hang around if something doesn''t work perfectly first time. I''m a fairly new Mac user, as of about two years ago, and when I first used Safari I found lots of sites were unusable for me. It''s been very noticeable that this has improved hugely over those two years and I very rarely encounter any problems these days. If most firms are willing to go to the trouble to make a site Mac-friendly, I feel even less inclined to deal with the very few who still apparently aren''t interested in my (admittedly tiny minority compared to PC users) business.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Safari?

Forgive me, but this is the first time I hear about this.

Let me push some buttons to get this fixed.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a mac too, but had trouble''s in Pricescope so I use firefox now while here. I had no troubles with elmyreservices site using firefox or safari. I never use internet explorer..

StonesThrow

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 10:39:10 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
Hey seeker,

I find it very disturbing that you cannot open this Elmyr-Visagem-link. For the old type of Visagem, they only worked on Internet Explorer, but the new format works on Mozilla as well.

Anyway, could you check, whether it still does not work, when you start from the Infinity-site: link to stone

If not, please e-mail me directly (address on our site), and we will try to figure out what is the problem. After all, if we can fix it for you, we probably are fixing it for a number of other users.

Live long,

The link above in your post (not in your sig) takes me to www.microsoft.com, which is not where it says it will if I mouse over your link. I''m using Firefox 1.0.4 on Windows XP.

Just an FYI/documentation for your troubleshooter
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I tried turning off the pop-up blocker on Tools as well as on the Norton, and I can''t get it to open on my home computer from either Wink''s or Paul''s sites.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 6:49:08 PM
Author: StonesThrow

Date: 2/27/2006 10:39:10 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
Hey seeker,

Live long,

The link above in your post (not in your sig) takes me to www.microsoft.com, which is not where it says it will if I mouse over your link. I''m using Firefox 1.0.4 on Windows XP.

1.gif
it looks like paul accidentally put an extra ''http'' in his link, so it won''t work if you click on it.

StonesThrow

Rough_Rock
Belle and Paul,

Ach, I didn''t even notice that...my bad.

jerg

Rough_Rock
http://www.elmyrservices.com/stonepreview.php?id=d91b88c467dd224e50babdfcf31c00cc&cid=56

Dear all,

Have a look at the link here above, this is what a new link should look like.

Nice to see that people are already discussing our Visagem on forums! To be of more help we have started our own forum on the www.visagem.be site.

Please post your comments, suggestions, proposals and questions to our forum so that we can respond to your needs of information quickly...

PS: I've read some misunderstandings here above:
- Visagem links DO run on Safari and Mozilla and Firefox (except for the Sarin, Sarin has only created a webviewer for Windows-platforms).
- Bill Gates IS an *******, and Paul is a great person to work with.
- We are indeed updating and improving our platform continuously.

With kind regards,

Jerg Scharpff
Com3 graphics - Elmyr Services

www.visagem.be
www.elmyrservices.com

visagemmakesyousmile.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/27/2006 6:49:08 PM
Author: StonesThrow

The link above in your post (not in your sig) takes me to www.microsoft.com, which is not where it says it will if I mouse over your link. I'm using Firefox 1.0.4 on Windows XP.

1.gif

It appears that there is a double http in the address.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Omigosh, I just can''t stop laughing. Welcome to the forum Jerg, although I don''t think you are allowed to say what you said about Uncle Bill. Funny though...

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I use Safari, and Paul''s site worked fine for me. I just tried it.

But Wink''s site rarely works for me. I have tons of trouble viewing things there--I click on them and nothing happens. He''s a great guy, though!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under Windown 98, XP and XP Professional, using IE, NOD32 Antivirus system, Ad-Watch and Zone Labs Security... no problem opening Elmyr.

What does bust it are pop up blockers (Ad-Watch has one and is always turned off, Google Search Bar has one - also turned off).

And having (what the Hell are those?) ActiveX controls and Java script ''Off'' does too. Could either of those be the problem? I think that setting the ''security level'' in IE''s Internet Options at more than ''medium'' does away with either or both crucial settings.

Otherwise...

... the listings at Infinity are worth the electronic trouble getting to them
31.gif
Esp. those rare AGS0 princess cuts! There aren''t many more to go around - at least in Pricescope''s proximity.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 10:48:48 AM
Author: glitterata

But Wink''s site rarely works for me. I have tons of trouble viewing things there--I click on them and nothing happens. He''s a great guy, though!

That''s interesting because Wink''s site works fine on my Safari
33.gif

I agree Wink''s a great guy
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2006 10:48:48 AM
Author: glitterata
I use Safari, and Paul''s site worked fine for me. I just tried it.

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to know how it is not working so I can give the report to my web tech. I sell diamonds and color, he does the internet!

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results