shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are these seller's photos so bad?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Do they have some strange filter or something? Or some change with magnification? They don't look "real" .

They have pretty vintage pieces but all the pics look like that. I sent a message asking for some additional pics of an item and the additional pics still had that unreal quality to them.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it's fishy. They almost look like scans of photos. Also, selling high value "antique" items, but only has 4 reviews as a seller after 3 years? I would steer clear.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I met with a seller who sells high value items on Ruby Lane. Her online photos didn't look good to me- certainly they did nothing for the items she was selling. In person, the item was gorgeous. I did ask her about how she takes photos, and she said she uses a Lightbox.

The photos look almost like really amazing hand sketches :lol: Maybe they used some kind of IG filter? Idk what tech is out there nowadays.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, looks like they were scanned images or the seller changed the resolution. Odd.
Reminds me of sellers who use a lightbox and flood it with so much light everything is a bright reflection and you can’t see any details.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes I'm not sure it's exactly fishy; when I googled them they have a storefront. It's just so weird how bad they are.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree, I’d avoid. Only 22 feedback and not recent.
The photos are horribly over exposed / modified and make it almost impossible to assess the diamonds.
The description is barely 20 words, hardly reassuring.
The prices also are also on the high side and the combination of all these factors is probably why they have so few sales!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Here's another example from a seller that does have good feedback and a lot of sales. All the pics look like this - so washed out.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here's another example from a seller that does have good feedback and a lot of sales. All the pics look like this - so washed out.

Those actually aren't bad. I tried taking pics with a lightbox once. Without adjusting for color balance, they looked worse than the first seller's pictures. Like way worse.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Those actually aren't bad. I tried taking pics with a lightbox once. Without adjusting for color balance, they looked worse than the first seller's pictures. Like way worse.

Not as bad as seller 1; but hard to see detail. I guess I'm spoiled by PS pictures!! :lol:

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
I have never used a lightbox but I can say that I have taken pictures that turned out in need of a lot of editing and ended up looking like that only to chuck them. I don't know why they do that though because it make the jewelry look awful and provides zero detail. I think you can't go wrong with outdoor lighting - it's pretty much point and shoot!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

I have actually purchased from this seller before. Photos of the ring I purchased were decent, and it turned out to be even nicer IRL.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks like they're a fan of a crappy filter.. I'd ask for a white paper shot or something out in the sun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results