shape
carat
color
clarity

why are these on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know why brand name fragrances, that are not discontinued, are much cheaper in Marshall compare to cosmetic counters at big stores or Sephora? is it a quality issue? or for some other reasons?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve heard that some are packages that were not sold in other venues, and aren''t as "fresh" as the merchandise sold in Sephora, etc. Considering how long those products spend on my shelves, that wouldn''t be a big issue for me. Some products make it to the outlets when a manufacturer changes its packaging. I got some great deals on Zia face care products at the grocery outlet because of packaging changes.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
When department stores and other retailers that sell the fragrance have overbought, they sell the leftover fragrance to Marshalls, Kohls, etc at a discount so they don''t lose all their money! This is considered somewhat of a gray area, because the creators of the fragrance may not have intended to sell their fragrance in a discount store.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten some bath and body (not specifically fragrance, but they had fragrance in them) products at discounters and have found that a significant proportion of them are a little "off" like maybe they''ve passed their peak.

This made me not trust buying from these places - I''ll still buy things like clothing or housewares (and have found some great deals on those), but just not into getting the lotion or whatever it is home and having it not be what I expected
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results