shape
carat
color
clarity

why am i such a headcase??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
let me preface this by saying i''m generally pretty even-keeled. i swear. but - my wedding is in eight weeks, and in the past few days, i''ve tranformed into a giant ball of stress. i think it boils down to this: i''m scared to death that everything is going to suck. i basically planned this by myself - my mom is hundreds of miles away and works a ton, and my fiance works about 90 hours a week, so while he tries to help, it''s just not that practical. not that i''m a fulltime wedding planner - i''m a writer for a very large publication with constant deadlines, which isn''t helping at the moment. and, i''m not as productive as i should be at work because I''m a stress case. Anyway, underlying all of this is the fact that so far, nothing seems to have turned out quite right. Nothing earth-shattering, just annoying things like our invitation calligraphy having to be redone, my wedding ring arriving without the engraving, the room block at the hotel being closed off before the date on the contract. It''s just always something - something that I then have to call and fix. Which only makes me cringe at what might be coming down the pike... Is there anything I can do to ameliorate this forboding feeling? other than 1.medicate and 2.make tons of lists?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
EXERCISE. It''s the only thing that works for me.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Realistically, with so many factors going into wedding planning these days, there WILL most likely be "always something" that could be fixed. "Always something" that won't go the way you planned. And you should expect it. That being said, it's nothing to worry about-- you can only do so much to get things in line for the wedding and then you have to rely on your vendors, the professionals.

And just remember, HAVE FUN. If something doesn't work out on the big day, let it slide right off you; you'll be surrounded by family and friends and you get to marry the man of your dreams! There's no reason NOT to enjoy yourself! In the big scheme of things, you'll want to remember that about your day, not about how stressed and worried you were about things.

And your friendly, supportive PSers are always here to help! GOOD LUCK!

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2008 12:08:53 PM
Author: Independent Gal
EXERCISE. It''s the only thing that works for me.
i just got back from the gym - and it''s true! now it''ll take an hour or so for the endorphins to wear off...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results