carat
color
clarity

Wholesaling Questions

myrica

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I hope everyone is ok and well.
As a newbie to this community(i discovered it today actually)),i realised that there are many amazing and knowledgeable people on here that might help me.
Im 28 years old guy from Turkey who's extremely interested in diamond wholesaling.Actually i wanted to do colored stones but there is absolutely no market here for that sort of thing.
I have about 3 years of cruise experience as a Jeweler and currently Im working as a Trunk Show Ambassador for a NYC based company.Basically i jump from ship to ship.
So,i have talked couple jewelers in home about what i wanna do and we agreed that they would buy only GIA or HRD certified diamonds for about 3500 US dollars.
They have to be VG+ cut,no florescence,no ttlb(i dont know much about it),not from zimbabwe,H color,VS2 or SI1,Round.
I checked couple sources and made some research here as well.It seems that the stones that im looking for is about 3.000 to 3.500 dollars.

I would like to start slowly(like buying 5-10 stones first) and then grow in time.What are the possibilities of getting discounts from vendors if i pay cash,or get 5-10 stones at a time?

I would really appreciate it if experience people could give me tips,what to watch out for and if i can actually do it if i start from scratch?

Thank you very much for reading and have a wonderful day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results