shape
carat
color
clarity

wholesale pricing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davidgelb

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
I have an un-certified diamond that I was looking at - it is a friend of the family''s diamond. It is a round 1.27 I1 I. I looked for a diamond with the same specs, and it came up for around $3500...I want to tell her about how much it is worth, and I realize that there is a markup online. If the diamond is selling for about $3500 online, what would a reasonable wholesale cost be for a diamond like this?

I am going to be giving the diamond back to her, and I would like to tell her approximately what it''s worth (since she asked).

Thanks for the help!

-David
35.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
‘Wholesale’ is an incredibly misused word in the diamond business. There are plenty of circumstances when a dealer would expect to pay more than $3500 for a stone claimed to be 1.27 I/I-1. There are also plenty of circumstances where a dealer would refuse to buy for half that because it’s too expensive. The amount your friend can expect to get will depend on the stone and the market where it''s being sold. An appraisal might be helpful so that your friend understands her options.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results