shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash or frank darling or someplace else

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Looking for a 4 carat LGD.

I trust whiteflash but their precision brand of LGD doesn’t have anything above 3.5 carats.

I have seen frank darling being recommended on this forum. They have plenty in stock and I can even see IRL in NYC. Here is one of the stones I had shortlisted

What else trusted sellers would you recommend for 4 carat, D to F color, super ideal cut LGDs.

Last edited:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash will custom cut a 4ct precision brand for you! I contacted them a month ago, because I am looking for the same thing you are :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Definitely also contact JannPaul and get pricing for their tasty Decagon!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely also contact JannPaul and get pricing for their tasty Decagon!

Omg yesssss

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@marrduk24 ,
Thank you for the nice mention.
You are correct that our Precision Lab Brand has been limited in terms of size. We have put a strong emphasis on HPHT grown diamonds and availability of larger sizes is just now catching up. Most of the larger lab diamonds on the market to date have been CVD. In fact, most of the diamonds in the broad market are CVD.

We are currently expanding our Precision Lab inventory and have a new shipment arriving in the next few days that will include some 3 and 4 carat sizes. Please feel free to contact us for details and to put a stone on hold if you so choose.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are currently expanding our Precision Lab inventory and have a new shipment arriving in the next few days that will include some 3 and 4 carat sizes. Please feel free to contact us for details and to put a stone on hold if you so choose.
That's exciting news for many people! :) Will the new stock include CVD diamonds?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I know JP is pricier, but I’ve been told their quality control is superb and if you buy from them you don’t have to worry about the final product. They source quality seed to grow their labs as well. I am waiting on a pair of studs and a 3 stone EC ring. I started looking at EG but am now getting all this for about 1/2 of the center stone for the EG ring I was looking at. (I went a little crazy with the earrings!- They were not planned, but I loved the decagon!)

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious if you would know why they are almost 2x the price of Whiteflash.

Not sure! Maybe Whiteflash is trying to be competitive on price. I do think DG is expensive, but for a while they were the only ones doing super ideal lab grown. Are the Whiteflash lab grown the equivalent of ACAs, or just well cut? At DG lab grown also qualify for upgrade. I see Whiteflash also has advanced imaging, so I think they’d be a good option! If I had the option at the time I bought, I would have investigated the JannPaul Decagon.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Did you look at BGD premium lab stones? There are two available now, 4.006 and 4.007, F, VS1. Both are listed at $16,601.55 wire price. They have promos pretty often, and right now these would qualify for $1000 off, taking it close to your budget (and you could also wait for a better promo, if staying below $15k is a must).

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I've already found loads of GIA graded D color with extremely ideal proportions and angles over at Frank Darling for your budget...up to 5 carats. 40.8 PA, 34.5-35.0 CA, 56% table width, and 15-15.5% crown height.
They do have an ASET Scope in-house and may be able to bring in 2-5 diamonds to assess and send you any pictures and videos of so that you can compare.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's exciting news for many people! :) Will the new stock include CVD diamonds?

We are still putting our energies into stocking the best of HPHT for our Precision Lab brand. But things are evolving pretty rapidly in this relatively new market and we will adapt as needed.
At this time, special requests for large sizes may be CVD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results