shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Help!

4n2t0

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
16
I ordered my ring, which is currently scheduled to be completed by November 24. Well, this morning my girlfriend was trying on some costume jewellery and to my horror the ring I used as a size reference didn't fit! I need to change the size from 8 to 8.5-9. Do you guys think it's too late? WhiteFlash is closed on the weekends so I'm unable to get a reply.
 

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
5,167
Most likely the ring has already been cast and is probably being finished. You can either have them size it before they ship or wait and see how it fits and then you would have to ship it back to be sized. I think it would be easier to do the sizing before it's shipped. It'll be OK.
 

4n2t0

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
16
Asscherhalo_lover|1448119190|3952453 said:
Most likely the ring has already been cast and is probably being finished. You can either have them size it before they ship or wait and see how it fits and then you would have to ship it back to be sized. I think it would be easier to do the sizing before it's shipped. It'll be OK.

Damn, I'm an idiot. I'm going to give her a ring that won't fit. Maybe it will become a memory that I'll laugh about later in life but right now I feel like crap.
 
Q

Queenie60

Guest
Email Whiteflash and let them know the situation. Best to have it sized prior to shipping. Not the end of the world!
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,585
Was the ring she tried on at home that didn't fit the same width as the engagement ring from white flash? If it is thicker, all may not be lost. I go up in size as the mm width goes up. I can even vary by a half size. Just something to consider.
 

4n2t0

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
16
Queenie60|1448123508|3952473 said:
Email Whiteflash and let them know the situation. Best to have it sized prior to shipping. Not the end of the world!
I'm emailed them this morning but I don't think they're open on the weekend. As you say it's not the end of the world but I really wanted to get this right. Needing to modify a ring just after it's purchased is a little unsettling.
 

4n2t0

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
16
PintoBean|1448124140|3952477 said:
Was the ring she tried on at home that didn't fit the same width as the engagement ring from white flash?
Yes.

PintoBean|1448124140|3952477 said:
If it is thicker, all may not be lost. I go up in size as the mm width goes up. I can even vary by a half size. Just something to consider.
I just got back from the local jeweller and the final size difference was .25. I ordered an 8 and I need a 8.25. Who would have thought that .25 would be the difference between fitting and not fitting, not me unfortunately.
 

4n2t0

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
16
Good news! I tried the web chat again and Jennifer from Whiteflash said that I caught the order in time and having the ring resized shouldn't be a problem. Production will be able to confirm the details with me on Monday.

Honestly, I purchase a lot of things online and I must say that Whiteflash's commitment to customer service is top notch.
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
24,781
Glad to hear our caught someone online at Whiteflash. I've bought from them several times and they have always been great to work with. I'll be anxious to see the finished ring.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewels of the Week: September 2021
    Jewels of the Week: September 2021 - 09/24
    5 Jewelry Styling Tips For Your Date
    5 Jewelry Styling Tips For Your Date - 09/22
    5 Reasons To Design Your Own Custom Engagement Ring
    5 Reasons To Design Your Own Custom Engagement Ring - 09/20

Holloway Cut Advisor



Top