shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash "flash sale" buy a good buy?

ninagawa

Rough_Rock
Hullo all and thank you for the megaload of diamond knowledge I've absorbed over the past month! This is by far the most informative and helpful diamond forum for us lost lambs shopping for engagement rings!

I've gone from brick and mortar stores to Blue Nile, from James Allen to Brian Gavin excellent cuts, to finally settle on a Whiteflash ACA.
Slowly shifting our priorities from quantity over to quality, from 1.5ct J SI2 VG to 1.1ct I VS2 3EX, to a happy medium at 1.3ct H SI1 AGS000 H&A.

Now on to the main topic, as I was doing a late midnight comb of Whiteflash's inventory a while ago, I came upon prices so...peculiar that I couldn't believe my eyes. A couple of ACA diamonds had shown up in my search results, never before have they appeared due to the set cap of $10k. Amidst the confusion and adrenaline rush, I managed to press the print screen button just in case Whiteflash denies the price of ever being there. Thankfully, the wonderful people at Whiteflash were willing to honor the wrong price if I wired the funds that same day. (Thank you!! :love: )

Apparently Whiteflash had experienced a technical error when updating their website that night and prices had gone haywire, some lower than the original listing price by several thousands. The original price of my diamond was $11675, with a PS wire price of $11324. The "flash sale" original price was lowered to $8968, about $2700 lower than the original price. Unfortunately, they weren't able to honor the PS wire price of $8438, so I ended up with the PS price of $8699. After hearing this, my family and friends all think it might be a scam or at least a marketing strategy :lol: I've been hoping to see someone else post about this but haven't seen any... Has this ever happened before?

Finally:
RB 1.32ct H SI1 ACA H&A
AGS 000
Measurements: 7.02 x 7.07 x 4.35
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 55.9%
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavilion angle: 40.8
HCA: 1.5

Here's the screenshot:

Link to the WF diamond:
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2782666.htm

The thing is, I had a choice between the 1.32 H SI1 and another 1.31 G SI1. But since the sales rep told me there wouldn't be any difference at all for the extra $600, I went with the H. We've received the diamond, but I won't be able to see it until the proposal. From the pictures WF sent, there is a slight yellow tint, which worries me. What is your opinion? Would you have gone for the G instead? Or am I asking too much since I got a crazy deal already?

Here's the screenshot for the 1.314 G:

Photo of set diamond:

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1.32ct H SI1 WF.jpg

1.314ct G SI1 WF.jpg

Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-By-Whiteflash-32297-f.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing that the picture is capturing some yellow in its surroundings - that yellow is too exaggerated for color in an H color stone.

Sounds like you were able to take advantage of a great deal!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I saw the same technical error and sent them an email to ask about it. I think they got a number of emails and figured out that there was a huge error! What I was told was that they had lowered prices on a FEW stones, but the pricing transferred to the entire inventory, apparently. Oh, how I was planning some wonderful pieces for that short period of time! I had upgraded studs picked out and I had stones for a 5 stone ring picked out! :lol: You were incredibly lucky is all I can say. And yes, for $600 I absolutely would have taken the G color. That was a steal for a G stone even more than the H!!! I do think that picture is reflecting some yellow in the environment, though.

greenm75

Rough_Rock
I saw this on April 19 and actually selected an ACA 1.01 G/VS2 for $8100wire, originally it goes for 10,400. I have the email confirmation order number too. Then they promptly emailed me saying they had a pricing error and that the original price is 10.400? perhaps I should have pushed the envelope.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if this happen again please let me know... ;))

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
I have a J/VS2 ACA set in a platinum solitaire and I can tell you that you will not notice anything "yellow" about your stone at all! Mine faces up bright and white and blinding!

cksnipe

Rough_Rock
I think you got an awesome deal on the H SI1 (I think these ACAs tend to be on the better end of the color grading or appear to be so due to the cut; the one I purchased was appraised/graded as an F (borderline E) whereas it was a G by AGS).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow you got an awesome deal, why don't these kinds of things ever happen to me?!?!? I'm with DS, for the extra $600 I would have went for the G stone. But I'm sure yours will be plenty white and I think MissGotRocks is right that the stone must be picking up colors from its surroundings.

SolaKid

Rough_Rock
Ahhh I missed out on this steal. It was active last night and I had a 1.007 ct H VS2 in my cart for $7400, I was just getting the funds together today to make the purchase and WF deactivated the deal. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2762661.htm

WF%20Deal.jpg

I got on a live chat this morning and they would not honor the price. Too bad banks aren't open 24/7 or that I wasn't able to split the purchase on 2 credit cards online. :(

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ningawa you got lucky. If the vendor says it is a pricing error they do not have to honor said price. It's nice to hear these stories!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky duck! The "G" would have been a deal also but I suspect you'll love the "H" & never be sorry. It will be very very white. I have an "H" asscher and they show more color than round brilliants (especially ideal cuts).

Congrats on a score! I'm glad they honored the price ... yikes for them, HA!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1335976818|3185757 said:
ningawa you got lucky. If the vendor says it is a pricing error they do not have to honor said price. It's nice to hear these stories!

Yes, I absolutely do not blame WF whatsoever for not honoring prices from a computer glitch! I knew the prices were too good to be true, but I allowed myself to dream for an hour or so until I found out there was a computer error!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd have shelled out for the G, myself, but the H will not be as tinted as the photo. Rest assured.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the price difference I'd probably have done the G too, but the H will be plenty white and beautiful! No worries at all!!

jrocksinc

Rough_Rock
same thing happened to me about a month ago, i went to purchase a stone that was priced wrong (and i knew it) I had been eyeing the stone for weeks. they came back and said it was a mistake and would not honor the price. i dropped it at that

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results