shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA - Opinion on Unusual Angles Please

Bling-a-ling

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescope Gang,

Been educating myself for several months in preparation for an upgrade. Found this WF ACA that visually jumped off the page as it seems very different in side by side comparisons - very white with minimal dark spots, and the images show very little light leakage, even where you'd expect to see it. Was wondering about the crown (34.2) and pavilion (40.7) angles along with the table (57.1), star % (48.0) and lower girdle% (78.0) which seem a bit unusual compared to other ACA's. Just hoping to further understand why this one seems so appealing and if it has to do with the more unusual specs. Not really after a J color, but for some reason this one really got my attention. Understanding the why - if there is one - might help refine the search.

I have lots of information about diamonds, but I'm just a regular consumer and "information" is far different than "knowledge" so hoping some of you might have insight on this!! Thanks in advance!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, these aren't usual specs for an ACA.

Bling-a-ling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply DejaWiz! Yep, it's definitely in tolerance for an ACA just very different than the other ACA stones that I'd been checking out. Something about this combination of measurements seems to catch my eye, and was just wondering if it tends to result in more sparkle, more fire, etc. I know there's lots of combinations that work, with some lending more fire vs brilliance. Maybe this gives more brilliance which is why it struck me as whiter than many of the I colors in my comparison.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think it could lend itself to more brilliance than fire but still think it will be a well balanced stone. Ask WF their opinion; maybe they can provide you with some side by side images that will allow you to see if there really is a difference.

Bling-a-ling

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! As always, your guidance and opinions are much appreciated!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this WF ACA that visually jumped off the page as it seems very different in side by side comparisons - very white with minimal dark spots, and the images show very little light leakage, even where you'd expect to see it.
The lighting condition is not the samea. Sometimes there is more diffused white light giving diamonds whiter and frosted apprarance whereas more direct light can make diamonds appear glassy, transparent and slightly darker.

In this case, the diamond is exposed to diffused light than most others

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought several ACAs as well as having seen more when I visited Whiteflash. I didn't see an ACA I wouldn't be happy to have, as long as it was the color/clarity I preferred. Don't get too hung up with those numbers. Try to determine your color preference because that is going to be more apparent to you than a tiny difference in the numbers. I have H color for my ACA studs and really love them!

Bling-a-ling

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006! In all my research, seems like an ACA is the way to go and good reassurance based on your input!! Takes a lot of pressure off a big buy.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My H colored ACA has very similiar specs. I was worried initially about the lower crown and larger table as well, as my previous ideal cut stones were all in the 55-56% table 34.5+ crown range. But my current stone is by far my favorite in terms of performance. The slightly larger tables makes the stone extra bright and the stone is always 'on', regardless of the lighting. It helps to make the stone appear whiter too.

Bling-a-ling

Rough_Rock
Thanks CareBear! Ya, it just seems different than the usual specs, and seemed brighter than other stones of a higher color grade. Appreciate the info!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results