Premium
its gorgeous

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
have it on hold for 24 hrs....

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you looking for? It's an ACA - top of the top, will be beautiful. I'd probably drop in colour to go a bit larger, but I don't mind a lower colour.

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
I am looking for something around 1.25 at least H and eye clean. under 9k...i actually wouldn't go any larger than 1.3 ( crazy I know)... i went to a store to see different sizes and 1.25 looked nice on my finger...I tried 1.5 which is what I thought I wanted but it looked to big on my tiny hand ...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked for comparisons at JA (couldn't find an exact match) and it does seem like a pretty good price.

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
is this good? I dont know that much about the HCA calculator but these are the results...

Light Return-Excellent
Fire-Excellent
Scintillation-Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight-Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.3 - Excellent

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe because other facets are in line for AGS0 that HCA doesn't count. Star facets I believe are adjusted. So minor facets adjusted means it trumps those which are not shown in HCA calculations. HCA are only from a wire frame of four measured facets table percentage, culet size, crown and pavilion angles..

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
The girdle seems like it has quite a bit of painting and I would not buy it personally

I would read up on painted girdles before purchasing this diamond and compare the aset with others

Not all aca's are top of the top btw

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondTo said:
The girdle seems like it has quite a bit of painting and I would not buy it personally

I would read up on painted girdles before purchasing this diamond and compare the aset with others

Not all aca's are top of the top btw[/quote.]

You're right, never noticed that.

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
Pyramid|1449016487|3956200 said:
DiamondTo said:

Not all aca's are top of the top btw[/quote.]

You're right, never noticed that.

Not the first time a heavily painted diamond was assigned the ACA brand
I would really caution potential buyers to check the girdle since white flash does not appear to

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What would be the visual effect of a painted girdle

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair enough that there might be some, but I wouldn't say it's heavy. You are correct that this isn't the first time though, and that is more concerning.

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1449017519|3956214 said:
Fair enough that there might be some, but I wouldn't say it's heavy. You are correct that this isn't the first time though, and that is more concerning.

It's pretty heavy
Especially considering there's a good chance gia would not give this diamond excellent in cut

It is very concerning that white flash doesn't flag these diamonds unless some one points it out to them.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DiamondTo|1449017409|3956213 said:
gm89uk|1449017117|3956211 said:

It's frowned upon and this diamond may not even qualify for gia excellent. I would pass on this diamond unless you saw it in person

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/visible_effects_painting_digging_superideal_diamonds

Thanks for the link. Based on the article you linked I'd say there is mostly crown painting of about 2-3 degrees, and some minor pavilion painting 4).

I think the stone is a good find and will be beautiful in person and the minor painting elicited shouldn't affect it's visual performance. It's achieved AGS 0 and so hasn't affected its light performance. GIA will grade down painting and digging if it affects visual performance (which I recall reading somewhere else on pricescope but have no reference at the moment). I think stone would definitely be a GIA excellent candidate with that level of painting.

EDIT: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/painted-girdle-bad-how-to-spot-an-ags-painted-ideal.101629/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/painted-girdle-bad-how-to-spot-an-ags-painted-ideal.101629/[/URL]

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
There's also some leakage under the table shown in the aset image

Amazing how people still claim that they can 'blindly' pick ACA's

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
gm89uk|1449017818|3956218 said:

It's frowned upon and this diamond may not even qualify for gia excellent. I would pass on this diamond unless you saw it in person

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/visible_effects_painting_digging_superideal_diamonds

Thanks for the link. Based on the article you linked I'd say there is mostly crown painting of about 2-3 degrees, and some minor pavilion painting 4).

I think the stone is a good find and will be beautiful in person and the minor painting elicited shouldn't affect it's visual performance. It's achieved AGS 0 and so hasn't affected its light performance. GIA will grade down painting and digging if it affects visual performance (which I recall reading somewhere else on pricescope but have no reference at the moment). I think stone would definitely be a GIA excellent candidate with that level of painting.

EDIT: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/painted-girdle-bad-how-to-spot-an-ags-painted-ideal.101629/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/painted-girdle-bad-how-to-spot-an-ags-painted-ideal.101629/[/URL]

When you're putting 9k down why not look at other diamonds?

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
gm89uk|1449017818|3956218 said:

Just to add, gia doesn't check if it affects the performance or not they have a threshold for painting and stick to it. The threshold is based on their studies.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-would-anyone-object-to-painting.45579/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-would-anyone-object-to-painting.45579/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondTo|1449017923|3956219 said:

Why with only 33 posts are you so strongly advising someone not to buy a hearts and arrows AGS Ideal cut stone? I agree that some people may have a preference for the regular cutting style, but those who have bought the diamonds with that cut seemed to love them. So I wouldn't try to persuade someone not to buy one when it is well priced, has a great spread, and the video of it is beautiful.

I have seen plenty of stones with leakage, but that is a a stretch to say that about this stone. It is just fine under the table.

ACAs are among the safest stones to buy blind...BUT...no one actually has to buy one blind since the images of the stone (including videos for some) are right there on the site!

To blingbling87....Whiteflash has sold stone stones cut like this in the past. I only saw very happy buyers of them, although all of mine have been the traditional style. The stone has made AGS Ideal cut, which often sells at a premium to GIA Ex cut prices. This stone is priced well and a little lower than a G SI1 of the same weight. One great thing about this stone is that the depth is only 60.4 and the diameter is a very nice 6.9mm. The video of the stone looks beautiful to me. Just make sure it is totally eyeclean. I think you should order it and see what you think. It would be great if you could order two to look at so you could compare the cuts.

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1449040248|3956332 said:

Why with only 33 posts are you so strongly advising someone not to buy a hearts and arrows AGS Ideal cut stone? I agree that some people may have a preference for the regular cutting style, but those who have bought the diamonds with that cut seemed to love them. So I wouldn't try to persuade someone not to buy one when it is well priced, has a great spread, and the video of it is beautiful.

I have seen plenty of stones with leakage, but that is a a stretch to say that about this stone. It is just fine under the table.

ACAs are among the safest stones to buy blind...BUT...no one actually has to buy one blind since the images of the stone (including videos for some) are right there on the site!

To blingbling87....Whiteflash has sold stone stones cut like this in the past. I only saw very happy buyers of them, although all of mine have been the traditional style. The stone has made AGS Ideal cut, which often sells at a premium to GIA Ex cut prices. This stone is priced well and a little lower than a G SI1 of the same weight. One great thing about this stone is that the depth is only 60.4 and the diameter is a very nice 6.9mm. The video of the stone looks beautiful to me. Just make sure it is totally eyeclean. I think you should order it and see what you think. It would be great if you could order two to look at so you could compare the cuts.

I just gave my honest opinion that I would not buy that particular diamond. I suggested seeing it in person and comparing it to other diamonds or at least other aset images.

Imo this is better than blindly recommending people to drop large sums of money

The diamond is clearly painted and there's clearly some green under the table why wouldn't a potential client want to know this or at least read up on it?

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
Thank for all the the replies. I must admit I am new at this and I have no idea what a "painted" diamond is or how to spot one? What is it? Is it bc the girdle says 0?Someone mentioned it is not a "traditional cut" but people love them anyway.In what way is the shape different?

I am looking to spend no more than 9k.... looking for at least an H and eye clean around 1.25 carats... if someone could find me something better...I think was drawn to this bc it was F in color...

are any of these better... or is there something better somewhere else that people have seen..

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3595892,3571575,3577112

or these

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamondsearch.html

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
BlingBling87|1449065556|3956390 said:
Thank for all the the replies. I must admit I am new at this and I have no idea what a "painted" diamond is or how to spot one? What is it? Is it bc the girdle says 0?Someone mentioned it is not a "traditional cut" but people love them anyway.In what way is the shape different?

I am looking to spend no more than 9k.... looking for at least an H and eye clean around 1.25 carats... if someone could find me something better...I think was drawn to this bc it was F in color...

are any of these better... or is there something better somewhere else that people have seen..

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3595892,3571575,3577112

or these

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamondsearch.html

Some information can be found here and various sites online

I recommend reading as much as possible and compare different images to each other. Better yet, view as many diamons in person if you have the time. 9k is a lot of money and its best that you make an informed decision.

At the end of the day it's your money spent

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
I read the link above and found the following:

To try and retain weight at critical points: If a diamond is close to a commercially important weight the painting approach may be used because less material is polished away. On the example below normal indexing would result in a finished diamond weighing 0.99 ct. Painting to 4 degrees - particularly on the pavilion's long lower girdle facets - allows the commercially important 1.00 ct mark to be 'saved.'

Relative to crown-only painting: To acquire desirable visual properties. A measure of crown-only painting on 'superideal' diamonds can improve the diamond's brightness and increase the amount of visible broadfire dispersion.

Why is it said that Painting & Digging are bad?

A: Because the most common uses of painting & digging are 'swindling strategies' in answers 1 and 2, above. What is not commonly known is that a measure of crown-only painting on superideal makes can be used to acquire desirable visual properties. Remember that the 'superideal' category of diamonds makes up less than 1% of all round diamonds produced.

This diamond is an F in color and faces up at big as a 1.3 carat...the price is less than a 1.3 F ...is this diamond crown only painted? If so, why is this bad? How does it negativity effect the way the diamond looks other than it technically seen as "cheating" by some to preserve carat weight? Does it appear differently? Does it still appear F in color?

Thanks!

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
BlingBling87|1449073102|3956433 said:
I read the link above and found the following:

To try and retain weight at critical points: If a diamond is close to a commercially important weight the painting approach may be used because less material is polished away. On the example below normal indexing would result in a finished diamond weighing 0.99 ct. Painting to 4 degrees - particularly on the pavilion's long lower girdle facets - allows the commercially important 1.00 ct mark to be 'saved.'

Relative to crown-only painting: To acquire desirable visual properties. A measure of crown-only painting on 'superideal' diamonds can improve the diamond's brightness and increase the amount of visible broadfire dispersion.

Why is it said that Painting & Digging are bad?

A: Because the most common uses of painting & digging are 'swindling strategies' in answers 1 and 2, above. What is not commonly known is that a measure of crown-only painting on superideal makes can be used to acquire desirable visual properties. Remember that the 'superideal' category of diamonds makes up less than 1% of all round diamonds produced.

This diamond is an F in color and faces up at big as a 1.3 carat...the price is less than a 1.3 F ...is this diamond crown only painted? If so, why is this bad? How does it negativity effect the way the diamond looks other than it technically seen as "cheating" by some to preserve carat weight? Does it appear differently? Does it still appear F in color?

Thanks!

Google painted girdles there's different opinions of them. from what I have read, gia punishes painted girdles based on their studies. There are pictures and videos online but it's best if you can see the difference in person.

It makes no difference to me if you buy this diamond or not. It may make a difference to others

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
I brought this to the attention of WF and they are going to pull the diamond and have Bryan the VP Gemologist look at it...they said it has "slight painting" but not "heavy"

Anyone have experience wit this? Will they lie to get me to buy it?

thank all of you for your input...

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Would it be too politically correct for me to say everyone in the thread is right? :angel:

The stone in question is a high precision cut that was crafted with intention to remove as much leakage as possible. Using this approach to maximize certain optical effects does result in a slightly different "flavor" of super ideal which some find very desirable.

I have to go into a meeting now but will have much more information on this subject a little later today.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't think they would lie to you. If you look at some of the posts (Texas Leaguer) on here from WhiteFlash they are pretty open and honest. You can also maybe ask for a video of the diamond you are considering with one that doesn't have painting, and see which you like better.

WF customer service is A+++++.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondTo|1449059151|3956372 said:
diamondseeker2006|1449040248|3956332 said:

I just gave my honest opinion that I would not buy that particular diamond. I suggested seeing it in person and comparing it to other diamonds or at least other aset images.

Imo this is better than blindly recommending people to drop large sums of money

The diamond is clearly painted and there's clearly some green under the table why wouldn't a potential client want to know this or at least read up on it?

Did you know that the green in the center is not leakage? It is not! That is why giving advice when you aren't familiar with ASET images is really not wise.

I totally respect your personal choice not to like this diamond and you have a right to say that. But at least part of your decision making is based on an erroneous interpretation of the ASET image.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlingBling87|1449074454|3956438 said:
I brought this to the attention of WF and they are going to pull the diamond and have Bryan the VP Gemologist look at it...they said it has "slight painting" but not "heavy"

Anyone have experience wit this? Will they lie to get me to buy it?

thank all of you for your input...

I have been buying from Whiteflash for almost 10 years. That includes several sets of diamond studs. I have two family members who have bought engagement rings from them. If there is one thing I am 100% sure of, they would never purposely mislead anyone to get them to buy one particular diamond when they have hundreds of others to choose from! This one happens to have outstanding light return, is beautifully cut, and has a better diameter than many stones that size, so certainly it is worth considering! I 100% would trust Bryan's assessment. But truly, they are very selective about what goes in the ACA line, and that stone looks beautiful to me. I prefer higher clarity, personally, so his assessment on the clarity would be the important factor for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results