shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA 1.22 I SI1 Vachte U-113

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
For 19 years I have been wearing my original engagement ring, a .55 round solitaire with unknown specs (it was bought used with no paperwork) in a very raggedy setting.

I recently became financially able to look for something to replace it. I had one picked out a ring at a chain store. Fortunately before buying it I stumbled upon Pricescope late one night (so there is a bright side to insomina after all :think: ). I went into research mode. For weeks. The more I read, the more I realized how much I didn’t know. So that’s what led to my decision to go with an ACA from Whiteflash. I figured that would take a lot of guesswork and stress out of my purchase.

I had originally picked out a .90 but wasn’t sure if I’d see enough size difference from my .55 so I decided in the end to go with a 1.22. It arrived today and I am very happy with the size and the I color. I am not color sensitive. What is important to me is a lot of fire and flashes and this ring delivers. It is eye clean which was my only clarity concern.

My original engagement ring was melted down by a local jeweler and turned into a plain white gold 2mm band, both my husband and I were sentimental towards it. The channel set baguette band is my original wedding band. My ring size is 4.75. All are white gold.

I am posting pictures to pay it forward to those who are still in the decision process. Pictures on Pricescope were invaluable to me when deciding on a setting and a stone.

Last edited:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your gorgeous upgrade! Your original channel set band looks perfect as part of your new set. Awesome that you were able to use the gold from your original ring. Love all the pictures!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, how stunning is *that*?!! Congratulations! You now have a true classic.

All class. All the time.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I forgot to load the side profile for anyone trying to see whether or not your existing wedding bands would have enough clearance without rubbing the base of the prongs.

Plain white gold band is 2mm wide and a tiny smidge under 2mm tall (off the top of my finger). It is not a knife edge. It is a domed band. I don’t like the look of plain knife edge bands, but that’s just my preference.

Diamond band is 2.5 mm wide and exactly 2mm tall (I was there when jeweler measured with calipers).

I did not make any modifications to the setting, this is how it came standard.

I’m trying to remember info. in posts that helped me when I was trying to sort things out.

P.S. To all the hand models out there, I salute you! Seriously.
F7ED67CE-FA10-4488-8879-B88176679A59.jpeg

Last edited:

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
You have every right to be excited - your new ring is beautiful! Enjoy!!
Thank you! I am already enjoying looking down at it and seeing it there. It still doesn’t seem real.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your gorgeous upgrade! Your original channel set band looks perfect as part of your new set. Awesome that you were able to use the gold from your original ring. Love all the pictures!
Thank you Luce, I am happy that I can keep using the channel set band. I am fortunate that the proportions worked out. I wasn’t sure if it would, but it does.

I am hoping someone else who is sentimental like me realizes that the gold from the previous engagement engagement ring can sometimes be repurposed. I often see suggestions to put the stone into a pendant but rarely see suggestions on what to do with the empty setting. Although I don’t know if this is possible with platinum. Just throwing ideas out there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on this beautiful classic ring!:love::clap:

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful and classic!!! Your stack looks awesome! :love::love::love:
That is high praise coming from you! I have seen pictures of your stacker collection and and can’t believe you would compliment mine! It means a lot, thank you!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Well, how stunning is *that*?!! Congratulations! You now have a true classic.

All class. All the time.
This made me want to cry happy tears. I have read hours and hours and hours of your posts and many other people in this thread. Ya’ll probably don’t even realize how much new people like me look up to you and how highly we value your opinions. To hear positive feedback from longtime posters feels very affirming. Thank you for being so supportive mrs-b!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on this beautiful classic ring!:love::clap:
Thank you Dancing Fire, you don’t know me but I have read a LOT of your posts and have learned a great deal. I’m grateful for the knowledge you share on this forum!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute classic. Your 3 band combo are just heavenly & meant to be - I adore this look :love:

What did you did with your original engagement diamond? Or did I miss reading about it, jumping ahead to the delicious pictures?!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looks totally perfect on you!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY Anniversary!! ACA's really do sparkle. Love your idea of melting down your first e ring. You have really perfectly blended it into your new set! Which is just STUNNING :D

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful set - the first word the comes to mind is elegance. I love the sentiment and history behind the plain band, and your baguette band is on my "Someday" wish list! As for the solitaire - you just can't do any better than a sparkler like that! Congratulations!

PS - your hands are so lovely and youthful. I envy your porcelain skin!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, timeless, elegant, classic. You chose the perfect new ring! You really can't go wrong with a solitaire and an ACA. Congrats and enjoy!! :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful :love: So classic and elegant...the whole look is perfection on your pretty hand! Congrats on a fabulous upgrade!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Absolute classic. Your 3 band combo are just heavenly & meant to be - I adore this look :love:

What did you did with your original engagement diamond? Or did I miss reading about it, jumping ahead to the delicious pictures?!
Thank you Alex T, I love your set in your avatar picture! I have logged a LOT of hours lurking on this forum and photos like yours encouraged me to continue on with my original vision of solitaire, plain band, diamond band when doubt and second guessing kept creeping in. There are so many beautiful options out there, it makes it hard to make a decision and choose something!

My oldest was born in April, then my middle child in September, then my youngest was another April baby. So I am thinking about making a 3 stone ring that is diamond, sapphire, diamond. Sort of a "mother's ring" to match their birthstones. My plan is to use my engagement diamond as one of the side diamonds.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @Iwanttosparkle! I think you made a great choice!

I hope you can tell the size difference between your .5 and your new .9???:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results