shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold X-Prong??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Ok,
I've read through a gajillion threads on the white gold v. Platnum question. I visited a B&M store last night to look for myself. White Gold definately wins the appearance category. WG is bright and shiny, where platnum looked like lifeless steel.

Ok, so the setting I really like is the Vatche X-Prong (the Tiffany Lucida). They had an identical setting in WG at the B&M for $300 (where the Plat Vatche X-Prong is $1K). The one thing I'm worried about is the prong strength. Is there anybody who makes a knockoff white gold X-Prong with a Platnum head? I'm guessing not because of the style of the prongs, but anybody see anything close?

Thanks
-Jon

PS - As I was shopping for the setting, the salesperson kept asking me about my diamond, which I had told him I already had purchased. I thought, why not, so I told him - .68ct E VS2. He kept asking more so I said its a AGS 000 cut, H&A. He stumbled over himself a little, and said, "that's what *we* have!". I think he was gearing up to tell me how much of a piece of crap my diamond was and how great thiers were. He then kept telling me how beautiful the H&A are and how great my diamond will look.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
How strong is white gold anyway? I'm nervous about setting a diamond in WG with only 4 prongs, but is it good enough? would *you* be comfortable with it?
Please Respond

-Jon

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Bump

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results