shape
carat
color
clarity

White flash Setting recommendations for a 1.25 solitaire

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
I was hoping someone could help with a setting for a solitaire from white flash. The diamond I selected is 1.25 and I’m looking for a setting that is simple, 6 prong, and white gold.

I’d like to avoid spending too much since I’m already over budget on the diamond but I also don’t want it to be low quality. I was thinking maybe this one but didn’t know if the width was

Any other similar recs would be great. Thank you in advance.
https://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/6-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-582.htm

Last edited:

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, there, @jmhgv2! I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with a 1.6mm band. Many PSers (including me) have been very pleased with the six-prong Valoria solitaire, and it's very well priced.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, there, @jmhgv2! I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with a 1.6mm band. Many PSers (including me) have been very pleased with the six-prong Valoria solitaire, and it's very well priced.

I think the width is 2.3mm while the thickness (height) at its lowest point is 1.6mm

katyb

Rough_Rock
I see nothing wrong with the 6-prong classic solitaire setting. I do not own it, so I'm going just by the photos, but I like it quite a bit. I would get it myself if I was in the market, but I would get it in platinum (which I know is more expensive and might blow your budget).

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think the width is 2.3mm while the thickness (height) at its lowest point is 1.6mm

You are 100 percent correct, @DejaWiz! My eyes and brain weren’t on speaking terms this morning.

@jmhgv2, please disregard my earlier post (except for the Valoria recommendation—it really is a lovely solitaire setting).

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
You are 100 percent correct, @DejaWiz! My eyes and brain weren’t on speaking terms this morning.

@jmhgv2, please disregard my earlier post (except for the Valoria recommendation—it really is a lovely solitaire setting).

I love the Valoria too. Been researching it since you recommended it. The only potential issue I saw is that the prongs can rub against a wedding band. Have you experienced that?

Also, why the preference for platinum?

katyb

Rough_Rock
Also, why the preference for platinum?

I prefer platinum because it doesn't require the regular maintenance of being replated that white gold requires. Plus, because white gold may contain nickel, platinum is allergy-free, but this is a bigger deal for earrings for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have the petite valoria and love it! It looks like it should have been more expensive than it was. I have had no problem with
bands rubbing against the prongs. I wear it with 3 other bands (on different occasions). They are all fairly low bands though.
If you dont have a wedding band yet then I wouldn't worry about it. She can try it on with different bands after she gets it. If
you do have a wedding band then post a picture of it, please.

*not sure if you are the wearer of the ring or the giver of the ring

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
I also have the petite valoria and love it! It looks like it should have been more expensive than it was. I have had no problem with
bands rubbing against the prongs. I wear it with 3 other bands (on different occasions). They are all fairly low bands though.
If you dont have a wedding band yet then I wouldn't worry about it. She can try it on with different bands after she gets it. If
you do have a wedding band then post a picture of it, please.

*not sure if you are the wearer of the ring or the giver of the ring

Thank you. I’m the giver. That’s a good idea to have her try on the band even before we’re married? I guess it’s different with a wedding band than an engagement ring.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping someone could help with a setting for a solitaire from white flash. The diamond I selected is 1.25 and I’m looking for a setting that is simple, 6 prong, and white gold.

I’d like to avoid spending too much since I’m already over budget on the diamond but I also don’t want it to be low quality. I was thinking maybe this one but didn’t know if the width was

Any other similar recs would be great. Thank you in advance.
https://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/6-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-582.htm

I don't think you could go wrong with that setting! Beautiful and classic!

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
❤️ I LOVE me a simple solitaire ❤️

Simple + 6 prong + platinum = Vatche U113

When I think of a simple solitaire, the first thing that comes to mind is the classic Tiffany solitaire. Absolutely adore it and its simplicity. It’s timeless. If this is what you are thinking, I would save just a little extra and spring for the Vatche U113. It looks almost identical to the Tiffany, but at the fraction of the price ❤️

If you pay via wire, you’ll get a discount, plus a $100 off for new customers:)

Here’s the link to the setting (make sure you click on platinum or white gold in the drop down menu. I prefer platinum as there is less maintenance than with white gold)

If you want the plain matching band, here it is as a bundle option

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

No worries...I know that feeling all too well - usually takes well into double digit ounces of coffee before all the cylinders start firing.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
No worries...I know that feeling all too well - usually takes well into double digit ounces of coffee before all the cylinders start firing.

Anything I write before noon should come with a cautionary note, for that reason alone. And on a Monday? Forget about it. :sleep:

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Valoria too. Been researching it since you recommended it. The only potential issue I saw is that the prongs can rub against a wedding band. Have you experienced that?

I wish I could offer an answer, but I didn't wear mine with a band. :)

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
So slight change of plans. I’m getting a 1.17 ct w/ I color. Would the Valoria work for this or are the prongs too thick for the diamonds size.

Also, I’m trying to minimize the possible yellow tint of this diamond. Would platinum or white gold make it less apparent or about the same. Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So slight change of plans. I’m getting a 1.17 ct w/ I color. Would the Valoria work for this or are the prongs too thick for the diamonds size.

Also, I’m trying to minimize the possible yellow tint of this diamond. Would platinum or white gold make it less apparent or about the same. Thank you!

Here, take a look at these G and better color graded options: there a certain F VS2 with a nice puffy crown height that might have your name all over it!
...and put it on hold ASAP then ask for lots of pictures and videos, then confirm that there are no transparency or cleanliness issues...plus side by side comparisons with the other color grades.

KBM

Rough_Rock
Highly recommend the petite Valoria setting! I love mine!!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock

The Valoria should be just fine -- the prongs will be proportional to the diamond's size. I had an approximately .70-carat diamond set in my Valoria, and it was perfect. @mrs-b (hi, @mrs-b!) has a much larger diamond set in hers, and it's perfect. Whiteflash will make sure your setting fits whichever stone you choose. Also, the size difference between a 1.17- and a 1.25-carat diamond is negligible, at best.

Take a look at the options in @DejaWiz's link. My imagination lights up when I think of an F/VS2 ACA (A Cut Above) in a Valoria setting. White gold, platinum, yellow gold, rose gold ... you can't go wrong.

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Here, take a look at these G and better color graded options: there a certain F VS2 with a nice puffy crown height that might have your name all over it!
...and put it on hold ASAP then ask for lots of pictures and videos, then confirm that there are no transparency or cleanliness issues...plus side by side comparisons with the other color grades.

I think I have decision paralysis at this point. I can’t even tell the difference between many of these. Did any pop out at you?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have decision paralysis at this point. I can’t even tell the difference between many of these. Did any pop out at you?

1) I like the 1.034 F/VS2 and the 1.01 F/VS2.
2) I would feel completely comfortable closing my eyes, pointing at the screen, and choosing the one at my fingertip. They are that good. :kiss2:

Not to add to your dilemma, but consider asking Whiteflash to take photos and videos of this one for comparison with the F-color diamonds. I had an H-color diamond a few years ago, and there was not the slightest hint of color, even in its platinum setting. (And I like the dimensions of this one a lot.)

Last edited:

starrylight

Shiny_Rock

Have whiteflash send you comparison pictures faceup and from the side of those you are choosing between.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Valoria should be just fine -- the prongs will be proportional to the diamond's size. I had an approximately .70-carat diamond set in my Valoria, and it was perfect. @mrs-b (hi, @mrs-b!) has a much larger diamond set in hers, and it's perfect. Whiteflash will make sure your setting fits whichever stone you choose. Also, the size difference between a 1.17- and a 1.25-carat diamond is negligible, at best.

Take a look at the options in @DejaWiz's link. My imagination lights up when I think of an F/VS2 ACA (A Cut Above) in a Valoria setting. White gold, platinum, yellow gold, rose gold ... you can't go wrong.

Hi @Redwoods-hiker-girl! :wavey:

My apologies, but I don't have the Valoria setting. My ring is a three stone that I designed myself. I don't believe I've ever had a Valoria. There are a lot of examples of the Valoria on Pricescope, however, so a good look around should bring up a bunch of them.

Good luck, @jmhgv2!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My idea of the perfect setting for a fantastic diamond is just air.
The diamond would just magically hover over my finger with no metal blocking my view.

I'd get the setting below.

Simple and clean, it doesn't compete with the diamond for attention.
Diamonds are expensive so I'd want prongs that are substantial instead of minimal and fragile.
Also, the price doesn't gobble up much of the diamond budget. :dance:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 4.18.12 PM.png

katyb

Rough_Rock
My idea of the perfect setting for a fantastic diamond is just air.
The diamond would just magically hover over my finger with no metal blocking my view.

I'd get the setting below.

Simple and clean, it doesn't compete with the diamond for attention.
Also, the price doesn't gobble up much of the diamond budget. :dance:

I like this one, as well, Kenny. My preference would be to have made it platinum. But I love the simplicity.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have an ACA in this setting.

Screenshot_20230606-192433.png

I considered that Ritani as well - mainly because I wanted to spend as much as I could on the stone. If I recall correctly, I was advised that it might not be great for long-term, everyday wear because it might go out of round fairly easily.

The one I attached (gosh, I hope I did that right!) has been GREAT! It's simple and I love it. I actually upgraded the stone twice and only had to replace the head. But every size stone looked fantastic in it!

I hope this helps! I'm not trying to deter from the other setting. Maybe just ask your sales associate?

I can't wait to see what you pick! I know it will be GORGEOUS!

Last edited:

jmhgv2

Rough_Rock
Hi @katyb ! I have an ACA in this setting.

Screenshot_20230606-192433.png

I considered that Ritani as well - mainly because I wanted to spend as much as I could on the stone. If I recall correctly, I was advised that it might not be great for long-term, everyday wear because it might go out of round fairly easily.

The one I attached (gosh, I hope I did that right!) has been GREAT! It's simple and I love it. I actually upgraded the stone twice and only had to replace the head. But every size stone looked fantastic in it!

I hope this helps! I'm not trying to deter you from the other setting. Maybe just ask your sales associate?

I can't wait to see what you pick! I know it will be GORGEOUS!
Thank you! As you might be able to tell, I know practically nothing about engagement rings. I didn't know if 2.3mm is considered wide at all when my diamond will be around 1.15 ct or so.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! As you might be able to tell, I know practically nothing about engagement rings. I didn't know if 2.3mm is considered wide at all when my diamond will be around 1.15 ct or so.

You are in the RIGHT PLACE! The folks here are AMAZING and really know their stuff!

I searched back through my photos. I didn't have any great ones of my second upgrade stone - BUT it was 1.377 ct - so really not much bigger than the ones you're considering. This is it in the setting.

I'm sorry the pics aren't better, but it might help you zoom in and see the width and everything!

Screenshot_20210319-083643~2.png PXL_20201209_200314474~2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results