shape
carat
color
clarity

White cabinets, stainless appliances, what color granite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sapphire butterfly is pretty and it is blue/tans/browns

If you are going to sell the house in the next few years I would stay neutral.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the idea of using two different counter tops. I think if you paint the perimeter cabinets white and have a brown counter top and then paint the island a nice chocolate brown with a white counter top it would be really elegant. And some blue glass tiles for a back splash would just rock.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have Uba Tuba with stainless appliances, and maple cabinets. I''ve also seen Uba Tuba with white cabinets, and stainless appliances. It''s stunning. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to adore a cocoa or chocolate brown (wall? couches?) with taupes, oatmeals, creams, and slate blues. White trim on the mouldings would look sharp too and really bring the white cabinetry out. Even if you do a mid color sofa with accent pillows in chocolate brown, ecru and slate, then you could do a darker hardwood which is rich looking. You can also substitute sage green and or terracotta into the plan for the slate, but I love the idea of the slate with brown tones. It gives you a lot of non black granite choices. And I think it is very serene looking.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all the ideas. We visited my husband's aunt and uncle last weekend and they have just remodeled their entire house and it is sooooo gorgeous. They have granite everywhere in their house, including the laundry room, which has white cabinets, so I saw what it would look like in our kitchen. They said their granite guy is a family friend and could do ours for the same price (which is about a 1/3 of what we would pay at home depot or lowes) so I am very excited! I'm not sure exactly what the name of the granite is yet, but it is a neutral tanish color with some darker brown running through it. I will have to post pics after we have the painter come in and do the cabinets and have the granite installed...then it will be onto the floors. Thanks again for everyone's help!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Steph,

We are thinking of putting in new countertop in the kitchn and bathrooms as well. I look forward to learning from your experience as you go through with it! Do you know what the differnece is between Corian and Granite? Is Granite superior than Corian because it is "natural" ?

Thanks!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Zhuzhu! I''m not sure if you would say Granite is superior to Corian, I think it is just really more of a personal choice. I am also looking at Silestone....that is what my parents have and they love it. It doesn''t require any sealing so it is easier to maintain.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I also believe silestone is actually a few hundred dollars less for a 33.5 sf counter top in the kitchen. You are lucky to have a family friend professional who cna do it for you for less. It is rather expensive to do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results