shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding band(s) goes better with my e-ring?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I've tried on just about every wedding band at every jewelry store in my area trying to find the perfect wedding band. I have decided that the classic channel set compliments my e-ring the best. I love pave bands but they just don't seem to go with my e-ring. And I don't like the look of the matching band for my e-ring at all.

Now, my question is - should I go with 2 thinner bands or 1 thicker band? One of my local stores allowed me to take a few photos on my phone of some of the options. The rings are way too big on me but you get the idea. The thinner ones are 2mm each and the thicker one is just over 2.5mm. My fiance likes the look of one band better but I just can't decide. I like the balanced look of 2 bands but I also think it might look too "busy". I also don't want the wedding band(s) to take away from the center stone. Let me know what you guys think.

Once I make a decision, I'm going to place an order with Facets. I think they make gorgeous channel bands and Leah has been so helpful with all of my questions.

So here are the photos of my e-ring with the thicker channel band:

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
And here are a couple photos of my e-ring with the 2 bands:

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I like the first option better (one band).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be a pain and say that I think you should go with one THINNER band with your e-ring. I think the one thinner band will really let your center stone shine, while the thicker band, or the two thinner bands, take away from it.

Of course, all that matters is what YOU prefer, but I really do prefer sets that allow the center stone to remain the centerpiece.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
I'm going to be a pain and say that I think you should go with one THINNER band with your e-ring. I think the one thinner band will really let your center stone shine, while the thicker band, or the two thinner bands, take away from it.

Of course, all that matters is what YOU prefer, but I really do prefer sets that allow the center stone to remain the centerpiece.

Thanks SLG!

Haven, you're not a pain! I'm glad you mentioned that because I'm thinking that if I do go with one band, it would be thinner than the one shown. I think the saleslady said that one was 2.57mm and I'd probably do something around 2.2mm, which would be just slightly bigger than the thin band shown in the 2nd set of photos. Thanks for your advice!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the first picture!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I vote for one band! With two bands flanking, in matching metals, sometimes the center stone can get sort of lost - given how pretty that baby is, why not let it shine?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like just the one band too!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1300218528|2872470 said:
I vote for one band! With two bands flanking, in matching metals, sometimes the center stone can get sort of lost - given how pretty that baby is, why not let it shine?

I ditto this. I really like the one thinner band. I think it adds sparkle to the set- but doesn't overpower the stone.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1300209408|2872341 said:
DITTO!!! x 1000 Do you happen to have a picture of that combo?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more vote for 1 thin band.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would say one thinner band in the style of your e-ring ... scattered diamonds spaced out. If the band is thinner, maybe it won't look so matchy matchy? For me, I am not finding the channel set to be a great match with your very unique e-ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your opinions! It doesn't seem like anyone thinks 2 bands looks good. I think I agree with all of you and I am going to just go with one band, since I don't want to overpower my e-ring. Now I just need to decide what width looks best for the band. I called Facets today and they are sending me 2 stock rings - one in 2.3mm and one in 2.6mm (one of them is with rubies but at least I'll get the idea). There's probably not all that much of a difference but hopefully it will help me decide. And if both of those are too wide, I'll just have them make me a 2mm one.

decodelighted - I didn't even think to take a picture with just one thin band but now I wish I had! Can anyone work their magic in photoshop and remove the top band? :D

charmypoo - I will definitely try that look before purchasing a channel band. I guess I just haven't found a scattered band that is thinner than my e-ring. I was also considering just going with a plain white gold 2mm band if I don't go with the channel set. Or I might be bad and get both if I can't decide 8)

Keep your thoughts coming if you have any more advice! I am so indecisive!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1300218528|2872470 said:

Agreed! Which is why I pick option one!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone..one relatively thin band. I have been very happy with my 2mm Legacy band. I think 2-2.3mm would be fine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results