shape
carat
color
clarity

which table lamp do you like better?

tarja

Rough_Rock
I had two ( taller ones) lamps but my bf accidentally pushed one down I now all corners at the base are chipped. Not that noticeable but if you look closer you will see those damages. He bought for me new one but a little different in design (couldn't find the same one anymore). Now I am thinking which lamp(s) should stay and which one should go. I would like to ask you what would you do being me. Stay with old ones or buy another new one and give the old ones back. Old one is taller, thinner, cord is hidden inside, has a little different design. New one has cord that attaches at the socket so it is noticeable and hard to hide it, thicker and clear with no cord inside. Thank you for all suggestions.

1.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

tarja

Rough_Rock
some more pics :

6.JPG

7.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

tarja

Rough_Rock
last two showed in room, sorry for so many pictures

10.JPG

11.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the taller one with the cord in the base. I'm not sure I saw the chips on the taller lamp but are they on the left side of the base? Obviously if the chips cause the base to be sharp, I'd toss that one and continue looking for a replacement. If not, I'd probably live with it until I found the same one somewhere or replace it with one I liked just as much.

ETA: I do like the smaller one but I don't like the placement of the cord.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I love a tall lamp, so of course, I pick the tall guy.

Plus, I like the design of it better also.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the tall one.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Tall

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for tall...

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Making it easy for you... Tall!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clear one without the cord thru the center

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taller works better in the locations you have pictured.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the tall one.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bummer about the chipped corners! tall ones, definitely. i don't care for the way the cord is handled on the shorter ones, i find it distracting.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
not try to be a copy cat but I do like the taller one better =)

D

Deactivated member 42515

I like the taller one better. It flows better with the room. All the rooms. The short one looks stocky.
Is there a way to find out who the manufacturer is and either call them or check out their website to see if they have a more similar one? I know you said he couldn't find the exact one... But I've had good outcomes with going to a nice furniture store and showing them what I want and them finding the exact one for me.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HOW does the cord showing not bother anyone? :confused:

That big gnarly cord running through the middle would make me crazy. :???:

Short one.

While we're at it, lets go for a lower, more substantial end table next to the sofa.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Taller one's post in the middle hides the cord. Much cleaner.

Shorter one's floppy cord is easily seen thru the clear body and it looks wrinkly and messy. Looks like intestines!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
The proportions of the taller one is more elegant.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I would have said the shorter one except I don't like the placement of the cord. So I vote for taller too.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tall and thin ... wait... is that what you wish your body looked like, or which lamp to vote for??? either way - tall and thin!! :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Tall one.

iLander, it looks like the tall one has a metal piece running through it with the cord INSIDE that metal. At least thats what it looked like to me.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shorter one next to the bed, it looks more even and balanced to me.
I like the taller one in the living area next to the sofa.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1337109103|3195876 said:
Tall one.

iLander, it looks like the tall one has a metal piece running through it with the cord INSIDE that metal. At least thats what it looked like to me.

Yeah, I know 8) . . . the rod thingy really bothers me though. . . It's positioned at the focal point of the lamp. Which it shouldn't be. The cord dealie is not a design feature, to me. Not being mean, just explaining my thinking.

But I don't generally "get" table lamps. I have almost all spotlights, pendants, or sconces. I have 2 table lamps in my house, heirlooms. That's it.

I also don't "get" drapes. I have blinds. I've bought drapes several times and returned them, they just look weird to me.

I'm not real good at area rugs either. I have trouble with things that aren't integrated into their surroundings. They look "just stuck on" to me.

I might just be a decorating dufus. :rodent:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results