Which style of ring do you like best?

• Center stone with 2 (or 3?) side stones

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3-stone ring with more very small diamonds down the shank

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Which style of ring do you like better:
1) 3-stone
2) center stone with a few more side stones, 2 or 3 per shoulder?
3) Or, a 3-stone with small (maybe pave) diamonds down the band?

(To give a frame of reference, since some of these factors could affect one''s choice: This would be for a stand-alone ring, i.e. a re-set of an engagement diamond (1.1 ct), so it could be thought of as an anniversary ring sort of, not necessarily to be worn with another ring. Could be worn on right hand or alone on left. Not eternity. )

Also, these are not necessarily the ultimate example of this type of ring; sometimes I just can''t find a better example to post. Just trying to get the idea across. So, for example, you might want to change the proportions of the side stones, but don''t vote based on these 3 exact examples, just the idea. Feel free to post examples of the idea that you like better, or comment on better proportions!

SK three stone.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Example of center stone with two equal size sides:

2 side rounds ex.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry the second picture is so small. Can''t seem to find a good representative picture of that style. Third possibility: 3-stone with additional smaller stones down the shank:

3stone w more diamonds.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I like all of them.

But, if I had to choose whioch one to wear, myself, I would choose a 3 stone ring where the sides stones are no more than 25% (each) of the size of the center stone.

So, for a 1 carat diamond, I'd prefer sides of maybe 15-20 points each. For sides, I like round, pear or heart shaped.

For me, the fancier the setting, the more likely i am to get tired of it eventually.

eta: we cross-posted.

I actually REALLY like the one you just posted with the sides I described and then a few more smaller stones on the shank.
yep - I LIKE THAT ONE!
30.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another example of that third option:

SK vintage 3 stone.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have that first Scott Kay ring you posted.
2.gif
I had something like your third choice (3 stone setting with small melee down the sides) and traded it in for the SK; now I wish I had kept it!
39.gif

So my vote would be for #3.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Might as well post another example. This one may be an older cut stone, so ignore that, and since this poll is not about prongs, don't factor that into the choice (we can have a poll on prongs later...
2.gif
), but just to give another idea of a ring with a few equal-size sidestones.

This of course would be another example of option #2 in this poll.
Sorry if it's confusing. Decided to add it as an afterthought.

3 sides per shoulder.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hope I'm not confusing you all even further, but here's another example of option 3. I could of course include countless pictures of option #1, but I think you all get the idea of a normal
3-stone!
1.gif
(and of course, technically this example below doesn't meet all the criteria anyway because the tiny stones go so far down the shank, but again, it's just an idea...)

Ritani 3stone w more.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I had put the word "poll" in the title of this thread.....

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 8:03:23 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Wish I had put the word ''poll'' in the title of this thread.....
hey--are you trying to find a setting for a round stone?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I was a little too hasty in voting for the first option, but what I really like is a three stone ring with pave on the shank. That is the style of ring I have now and I love it!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like option #3 that has the "carving" on it. That one has the two side stones set much lower than the center. I think that''s what would look best (out of the options you gave us) on my hand.

Now I see 3 stone rings that look GREAT on other people but are too wide for my finger. So it really depends on your hand as well as personal taste.

Please post a picture of whatever you decide to go with.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Option 3 for me - 3 stone with pave/diamonds on shank!!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I like the added ring (3 stone, with tiny diamonds on the shank which looks like a Ritani??)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I tend to be attracted to more classic, simple designs, so I would say either #1 or the 3 stone Ritani, which I also think is very elegant and simple, even with all that pave. It is very delicate.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 8:13:58 PM
Author: windowshopper

hey--are you trying to find a setting for a round stone?
Yes! Any other ideas are welcome.

My stone is a 1.1ct RB.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those but think they all will look like e-rings rather than stand-alone. I think Sundials looks better as a standalone, but I don't remember the size of her side stones. I also think side stones like sapphires looks good as a RHR and less like an e-ring.

ETA: If this is a reset, are you getting a new wedding set??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I also wish I''d added the options:
4) I like them all equally
5) don''t like any of them

2.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2006 5:46:46 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I love those but think they all will look like e-rings rather than stand-alone. I think Sundials looks better as a standalone, but I don''t remember the size of her side stones. I also think side stones like sapphires looks good as a RHR and less like an e-ring.

ETA: If this is a reset, are you getting a new wedding set??? Inquiring minds want to know!
I am not planning on getting a new wedding set, although I do hope to someday get an anniversary band of some sort, but the kind of anniversary bands I like are the typical diamond eternity bands (although again maybe not eternity) (and again, that could change the next time the wind blows...!
3.gif
), and part of my problem in getting a wedding set in the first place is that I like somewhat blingy e-rings, and the diamond wedding bands, but when I put them together, they just start to look too blingy - I know, I know, no such thing... - so since I already have a wedding set, the idea with my reset is I want to be free to get any kind of ring I like, not to worry if it''s too blingy or not, too e-ringish or not, goes with a wedding band etc... but just to get something beautiful. If what I pick someday goes with an anniversary band, I consider that a plus, but not necessary.

However, I probably should mention that in looking at settings, and seeing the price increases, I started thinking maybe I will never get an anniversary band, and maybe it would be a good thing if my reset sort of does the job of both; i.e. if it looks substantial enough to wear alone on the left hand and just say it''s an anniverary ring with my original e-diamond, that would be a good thing. I am planning to get a hinged-shank so that it fits on both my left and right hand. (and for that matter, so that it fits my right hand, since my knuckle is more than a whole ring size larger than the ring part)

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my 3 stone ring (choice #1) as a stand alone most of the time. I always got the "when are you getting married?" question, but it didn''t bother me; I thought it looked like a stand alone ring. When I had the 3 stone with melee (choice #3) I thought it looked more like an e-ring b/c the shank was only 2mm or so wide. I guess any time you have a ring with a bigger center stone (as opposed to an eternity band or more wedding looking ring) people will always confuse it for an e-ring. I just feel more comfortable wearing one ring.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 9:20:39 AM
Author: pebbles
I wore my 3 stone ring (choice #1) as a stand alone most of the time. I always got the ''when are you getting married?'' question, but it didn''t bother me; I thought it looked like a stand alone ring. When I had the 3 stone with melee (choice #3) I thought it looked more like an e-ring b/c the shank was only 2mm or so wide. I guess any time you have a ring with a bigger center stone (as opposed to an eternity band or more wedding looking ring) people will always confuse it for an e-ring. I just feel more comfortable wearing one ring.
Pebbles, I am glad I am not the only one who likes the idea of wearing one ring. And like you said, if anybody says, ''when are you getting married?'' I''m not going to let it bother me. Actually, I almost never got that question when I was engaged. Also, a lot of the time I might wear it on my right hand, while still wearing my wedding set on the left. So in the end, all I really want is for it to be a beautiful, timeless ring that I will always love and never get tired of.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 2:35:10 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 6/5/2006 9:20:39 AM
Author: pebbles
I wore my 3 stone ring (choice #1) as a stand alone most of the time. I always got the ''when are you getting married?'' question, but it didn''t bother me; I thought it looked like a stand alone ring. When I had the 3 stone with melee (choice #3) I thought it looked more like an e-ring b/c the shank was only 2mm or so wide. I guess any time you have a ring with a bigger center stone (as opposed to an eternity band or more wedding looking ring) people will always confuse it for an e-ring. I just feel more comfortable wearing one ring.
Pebbles, I am glad I am not the only one who likes the idea of wearing one ring. And like you said, if anybody says, ''when are you getting married?'' I''m not going to let it bother me. Actually, I almost never got that question when I was engaged. Also, a lot of the time I might wear it on my right hand, while still wearing my wedding set on the left. So in the end, all I really want is for it to be a beautiful, timeless ring that I will always love and never get tired of.
Pebbles and old-fashioned girl, I''m with you two. I like the idea of wearing one ring too, and I''ve actually never felt comfortable wearing two. Also, I think it would even detract from my ring to wear two because it would look a little busy.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Even though this poll is getting older, I found another example of option #2, although with a few more side stones. Of course with more side stones it starts looking like eternity, but that's always been a possibility with option 2. Just the back half of the ring has to be metal.

(any excuse to bump a poll..
2.gif
)

brum 1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results