carat
color
clarity

Which stone?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

or...

Ok experts! Which stone would you choose?? I have the CBI on hold, but the WF one is about $500 cheaper and better clarity.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful options, but if I had to choose, I prefer the ACA’s fatter arrows, higher clarity (mind clean thing even if both are eye clean), and that tiny table. :love:

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the CBI specs 40.8 pavilion, 55.2% table > 40.6 pavilion , 54.4 table

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
My choice would be CBI too

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Video of CBI:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@soxfan I'm sorry for th threadjack it would be so interesting to hear why you moved from old cuts too super ideal cuts!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DItto Lessics and also.. who do you want to have an upgrade policy with?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lean towards the WF stone because of the higher clarity...I think CBI has the better upgrade policy? That might help you decide.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lean towards the WF stone because of the higher clarity...I think CBI has the better upgrade policy? That might help you decide.

Yes! The CBI upgrade policy is a no-brainer.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn’t be concerned about the SI1 clarity on the CBI! Bet no difference in real life to the WF stone.

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
They're both going to be gorgeous, but, I would lean towards the CBI. Specs are amazing, the stone will be eye clean, and from a cost standpoint you can take advantage of that free setting offer. I'm not certain, but i believe you can put that cost towards a custom ring. Also, Wink and everyone over there is spectacular and will bend over backwards to make sure that you're happy.

Ultimately, as I was reminded and firmly believe, go with your gut!

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
Plus 2.123 is just more fun : )

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both will be beautiful no doubt but I prefer the clarity of the WF stone.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan Any chance you can get them both in hand to compare & see which your eye is more drawn to? Perhaps there is a CBI dealer near you that HPD can ship that one to while you order in the WF ACA?

Reactions: Rpb

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're both going to be gorgeous, but, I would lean towards the CBI. Specs are amazing, the stone will be eye clean, and from a cost standpoint you can take advantage of that free setting offer. I'm not certain, but i believe you can put that cost towards a custom ring. Also, Wink and everyone over there is spectacular and will bend over backwards to make sure that you're happy.

Ultimately, as I was reminded and firmly believe, go with your gut!

Yes- the free setting would probably offset the cost. I want a simple 6 prong solitaire till I decide!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan I'm sorry for th threadjack it would be so interesting to hear why you moved from old cuts too super ideal cuts!

So the OEC I had on hold with Alex sold, and honestly @CHRISTY-DANIELLE got the most beautiful of the two stones. The center of the one I had on hold had a somewhat unorganized facet pattern- I wanted to see it in person before deciding though. My second choice was to get a super ideal diamond in a solitaire- it just fits my lifestyle SO much better. I want a ring I don't have to take off:)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@soxfan. Sorry things didn't work out with the Alex oec. But, I think you will love the CBI! Great choice! Can't wait to hear what you think of it in person!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMHO I love CBI’s.....I’ve had old European cuts, Whiteflash ACA and a Tiffany diamond. ;)2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful options, but if I had to choose, I prefer the ACA’s fatter arrows, higher clarity (mind clean thing even if both are eye clean), and that tiny table. :love:

I like the ACA also for the same reasons. I just seem to like fatter arrows and I will always choose a higher clarity over a lower clarity if given the choice. It’s a mind clean thing for me.
I also like the number - 21-21. Blackjack! It’s double lucky. Also I like that it’s a newly cut or at least newly certed diamond.
From an upgrade point of view I feel like WF has more inventory for future upgrades but who doesn’t love the CBI buyback policy?
Still, I would always buy for my current state of affairs and not worry so much about having to sell in the future. I would honestly have some much anxiety and never be able to make a purchase if I worried about all the what if’s.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You went from a 1.6 to a 1.8, right?? If I don't love the K color, I'm ALL over this:

Gorgeous! What’s good about a crafted diamond is that it may end up being higher than the anticipated clarity. I was told that the colour is usually accurate but there’s always a chance of it grading with a higher clarity!

I went from a 1.4 to 1.6 ct with whiteflash and then 1.77 H VS2 to 1.8ct G VS2 CBI. I‘m going to enjoy this for a while however I know I can always upgrade to a 2 ct with a slightly lower colour. :D
The CBI bench just swapped the diamonds and I used the same Sholdt solitaire setting. There was no charge for that. :bigsmile:

I love the simplicity of a solitaire setting, easy to wear and clean. If I want a bit more bling, then I wear an eternity ring with it.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the CBI diamond!

L

lydial

I own a 2.66 K VS1 CBI and I actually contemplated trading up to the future 3ct J, but it isn’t in my current budget. I love my K and the only time I notice tint face up is in the car on a cloudy day, and would buy another one in a heartbeat, even a lower clarity. I can’t find the VS1 inclusions even with a 10x loupe. So when the money exists I may order a custom cut 3.5 ct K, if they can find the rough... probably 5 years from now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results