shape
carat
color
clarity

Which stone is better value ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
unless you value brand consistency, quality control, an ACA is not really a value-priced stone.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
eye clean?

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
is the JA stone pretty comparable in terms of cut proportions, angles, or better or too close to call. I ask this because I want a very nice stone and I have been told that one can get a I stone that looks H face up due to its cut quality and an H to not look as nice as that I stone because of its inferior cut. The point I am making / or asking is, will the JA stone have the wow factor of the WF stone, or will it actually look better. Let me be the first to tell you that the ACA designation on paper has no value to me. This is precisely why I found an ACA stone and a second stone (many exist) to resemble its "ideal" proportions. Thanks for your inputs.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 2:46:29 AM
Author: whatmeworry
eye clean?
How would i know, just call and ask ??? The WF stone is indeed **Completely Eyeclean from 8 & 25cm**

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Yes call and ask, check if the james allen is eye clean because it has a black inclusions.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 2:47:16 AM
Author: hedarud
is the JA stone pretty comparable in terms of cut proportions, angles, or better or too close to call. I ask this because I want a very nice stone and I have been told that one can get a I stone that looks H face up due to its cut quality and an H to not look as nice as that I stone because of its inferior cut. The point I am making / or asking is, will the JA stone have the wow factor of the WF stone, or will it actually look better. Let me be the first to tell you that the ACA designation on paper has no value to me. This is precisely why I found an ACA stone and a second stone (many exist) to resemble its ''ideal'' proportions. Thanks for your inputs.
Here is my point of view and I could be wrong......LOL

Both are basically the same size and price, yes there is a difference in color. How much difference in color "face up", I dont know. How important is color to you and your lady?

If you feel an ACA represents ideal proportions and possible wow factor, why buy the other stone, buy the ACA.

$20,000 is alot of money to play guessing games. If I had $20,000 to spend, I would not be guessing, I would be getting the most for my money.

Just my 2 cents and you know how much 2 cents buys today...LOL

Good Luck and Let us know what you decide and give us pictures
MWG

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Two thoughts for you.

1) Not to complicate this too much, but...my first suggestion here gave you an H, AGS0 light performance, and $2000 to put to a nice vacation.

Also, though sympathetic with this comment...

Date: 7/13/2007 7:04:31 AM
Author: MWG

If you feel an ACA represents ideal proportions and possible wow factor, why buy the other stone, buy the ACA.

$20,000 is alot of money to play guessing games. If I had $20,000 to spend, I would not be guessing, I would be getting the most for my money.
I think Hedarud is asking the question because he doesn''t know if he should feel the ACA get WOW factor or not...and you''re not telling him how to not play guessing games. Though...with a sense of humor...

Another idea...

2) Get an appraiser to help you to narrow down, once you feel you have narrowed down. Sometimes the diamond seller will help you with this process, sometimes not. You can always buy & return, but it is a lot of money. Separately...finding an appraiser to say "I like this better" in a believable way could be a challenge.

Just some further ideas.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 2:47:16 AM
is the JA stone pretty comparable in terms of cut proportions, angles, or better or too close to call. I ask this because I want a very nice stone and I have been told that one can get a I stone that looks H face up due to its cut quality and an H to not look as nice as that I stone because of its inferior cut. The point I am making / or asking is, will the JA stone have the wow factor of the WF stone, or will it actually look better. Let me be the first to tell you that the ACA designation on paper has no value to me. This is precisely why I found an ACA stone and a second stone (many exist) to resemble its ''ideal'' proportions. Thanks for your inputs.

Both are AGS0 stones with very similar proportions, so I think both should have pretty good "wow" factor.

I''d still go with the WF stone for a few reasons:
1) Maybe it''s just the way the pics were taken, but the WF one just looks so much more "crisp" in the pictures. It''s eye-clean and has great IS and ASET pictures. Something just looks more "off" in the JA stone...can''t really put my finger on it, but the WF one definitely gets my vote because of this.
2) WF has a MUCH better upgrade policy than JA.
3) There''s a 5% discount for PS members if you buy an ACA and pay by bank wire, making the WF stone significantly cheaper than the JA stone, which has only a 1.5% discount ($18548.75 vs. $19621.20...over $1000 saved!).

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
The ACA rating is not given by AGI, right, who determines this ?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 12:09:01 AM
The ACA rating is not given by AGI, right...
That's AGS.

It's proprietary.

who determines this ?
Brian the cutter. Their designing boss. You can read fresh text from him here!

...and more on point, here.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 12:09:01 AM
The ACA rating is not given by AGI, right, who determines this ?
Having met Brian Gavin in person and hearing him speak about diamonds, you know immediately that he truly passionate about the diamonds he represents. In my mind there is no better ambassador for well cut diamonds than Brian Gavin, it is in his blood.

After seeing the beautiful ACAs in person and realizing that it does not matter which ACA you pick, they will all be winners!!! ACA diamonds have to meet 16 criteria it be labeled ACA.

A little story:

At WhiteFlash, Brian lined up 8 to 10 ACAs in a tray and did not tell us anything about the stones. They were all gorgeous and well cut. The lights danced off of them. They were so white. You cannot tell clarity, they were all eye clean. Color is really hard to pick, unless you are super color sensitive....I am not. In the end after a process of elimination we ended up with an H color stone over all other colors including F color stones. Plus, actually Brian suggested that we buy a larger stone in an H color that was basically the same price as the F color stone we came for. This larger stone give great contrast to the smaller ACAs stones.

Just yesterday, the salesperson in a furniture store noticed the ACAs in my wife''s ring and complimented her on how the diamonds sparkle and shine. Of course it brought a smile to her face as well as mine......*S*

You cant go wrong with an ACA!!!!

MWG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results