shape
carat
color
clarity

Which stone do you prefer?

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
I have no head for figures. Color and clarity aside, by the numbers, how do you think these two stones with perform compared to each other? Which stone will perform with bold flashes of light and exhibit lots of fire? I read that tiny tables produce lots of fire but that is only one part of a diamond's overall beauty and performance. Thank you!

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095779.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4113564.htm

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think both are fine looking stones.

Incidentally, the smaller carat weight stone is visually the same size as the larger one:
2.605ct: 8.80x8.87x5.45 mm
2.564ct: 8.85x8.88x5.37 mm

It’s also more “round” with only 0.03mm difference between length and width vs 0.07mm with the larger stone. The larger one, you are paying for the extra weight by it being a little deeper in height (0.08mm).

For the money, I’d take the smaller weight stone. I’m not too worried about the small pinpoint/crystal that you can see under the table in the magnified image.

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Hi @bmfang, thanks for taking the time to analyze. Smaller tables seem to be more popular around here. Do you think the 2.5 with the 57% table will be less firey? I am not crazy about 60/60 stone performance.

Also, is it just me or does the 2.5 have more space inside the arrows (it looks like the white flower inside the black arrows)? I don't know if or how that affects light performance.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me, tables up to 57% are generally safe to provide more than adequate fire in most, if not all, lighting situations. I would be more concerned if the table was hitting 58% (unlikely to be the case in an ACA).

I’m not too specific about table sizes though I can understand some people’s preference for them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no head for figures. Color and clarity aside, by the numbers, how do you think these two stones with perform compared to each other? Which stone will perform with bold flashes of light and exhibit lots of fire? I read that tiny tables produce lots of fire but that is only one part of a diamond's overall beauty and performance. Thank you!

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095779.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4113564.htm
Both are top notch super ideal cuts. I think either will be gorgeous. If I were you, I would ask the sales associates to give you real life pics /videos of both to see which one your eye is most drawn to

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Awesome, thank you! They should be indistinguishable from a 9mm stone in person, right? 9mm is a wee bit big for comfort but I am tired of DSS and want this to be a one and done (for the foreseeable future lol) situation!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, thank you! They should be indistinguishable from a 9mm stone in person, right? 9mm is a wee bit big for comfort but I am tired of DSS and want this to be a one and done (for the foreseeable future lol) situation!
Yeah, should be indistinguishable from a 9mm unless you had them side by side.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0.1 of a mm is usually indistinguishable to most eyes. Where the gap hits 0.2mm, then you may notice the difference more readily.

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Either stone will certainly be large enough. I just didn't want to sacrifice fire and bold light flash performance for the less expensive 2.5 option.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The price differential between the two is not all that much (around $1k). If you are feeling more comfortable with the 2.6, go with your gut feeling =)2

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
The price differential between the two is not all that much (around $1k). If you are feeling more comfortable with the 2.6, go with your gut feeling =)2
I'll wait for WF to give their input. Maybe one stone looks a bit whiter than the other.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results