shape
carat
color
clarity

Which sholdt for my mom's mq

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some may remember I gave my mom my (about) .9 ct marquise for her birthday.

This year I'm resetting it for her. She wants it to be a relative surprise as to the design, but we've discussed it a bit and I've decided it'll be yellow gold and a sholdt design. She's open to it e/w or n/s so most are for e/w but a few would be best for it n/s

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first the sholdt semi bezel seemed like the obvious choice. But they sent me a pic of one for a mq and the top view didn't thrill me as much as I'd hoped. I'm crazy about the profile, though. This is a slightly smaller mq, so maybe a larger stone would be a prettier top view. I guess I was just hoping for a thicker band.

_35399.jpg

_35400.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She isn't one to be crazy about oave, but I do think she'd like the metal work of the halo, and she's hard on her rings so I think the halo would protect it, without adding a bezel, which I don't want to do in fear it would kill the stone.

The millgrianed soli would be e/w. I like how thick the band would be and I think if would be flattering with the shape.

The twisty one is a long shot, but in my head I feel like they could do it in a e/w fashion and if they could it would be very cool. However it probably won't work as if so it would be fully bezeled

briangavin_roseset6_112912.jpg

6114c692a4d6d438221d1705f2d08228.jpg

r538-1-front.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the last one you posted. I've seen this 5 stone version, which is feminine & dainty. The grooves are subtle in person & are not as pronounced or as deep they are appear in the picture. The finish is satiny-like, not high polish.

How about this one with the epaulette detail on the shoulders?
R603-1-front--SHOLDT_zpsxrsmdktb.jpg

Kalee at Sholdt is wonderful. What an awesome company to deal with. :))

Judy

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that one! wouldn't it be similar to the first one? I just worry it'll be too thin

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could be right about it being thin. Perhaps emphasizing the shoulder detailing, the final width might be a bit wider. Please excuse the infantile editing. :rodent:

R603-1-front--SHOLDT--EDITED_zpsixl4jm6k.jpg

Are you under a time constraint & would like to order a ring as opposed to having one made? You always come up with some great designs. Sometimes having something custom made takes a lot of time not to mention mental energy. I've been looking at the Stuller 3C collection a lot lately. Seems easier to just say...I want THAT one & not deal with everything else. :loopy:

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rose gold swirly one. I like how the shape of the metal mimics the shape of the stone.

It would be different and still unique and in bezel.

Just a thought
:big smile:

Edited after looking online at other shots of the ring mentioned.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovemybling|1448839604|3955391 said:
I like the rose gold swirly one. I like how the shape of the metal mimics the shape of the stone.

It would be different and still unique and in bezel.

Just a thought
:big smile:

Edited after looking online at other shots of the ring mentioned.

I like that one too. I just worry 1 about the bezel and 2 about of its really her style.

She has large fingers. 8.5+ if that helps anyone decide

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1448842229|3955408 said:
I think if you got it milgrain it would be great.

Is this one in budget? https://www.pinterest.com/pin/194710383862997965/

Probably not, I mean I haven't set a budget but sometimes sholdt can get $$.

I was moreso avoiding pave because she is hard on her rings and won't take care of them if an issue occurs. For example, she lost a baguette out of the setting its in now and STILL WEARS IT SANS BAGUETTE!
I dont want to loose a melee and then she just leave it

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think that one is a good choice for a larger ring size because of the repeating pattern. It keeps your eye moving instead of resting on one point. Does that make sense? Think if they can do the bezel fluid like the rest of the band it would be lovely as well as durable.

:bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1448843107|3955421 said:

I was moreso avoiding pave because she is hard on her rings and won't take care of them if an issue occurs. For example, she lost a baguette out of the setting its in now and STILL WEARS IT SANS BAGUETTE!

That would drive me around the bend.

I REALLY adore this pattern on one, in that case, with the bezel:
r538-1-front.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1448844477|3955425 said:
Niel|1448843107|3955421 said:

That would drive me around the bend.

I REALLY adore this pattern on one, in that case, with the bezel:
r538-1-front.jpg

What would you think of that with a "halo" like the one photographed above but no melee at all, n/s probably to go with the graduation of the shank. Like I say I'm afraid of bezeling but this would seemingly solve that

And again keep in mind this'll be yellow gold

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Are you talking about the Sholdt with partial bezel, like this?

I love that ring with prongs but the bezel version has those crazy zig-zag shoulders, which are a bit clunky........

However I do love the texture on the shank, and the side view (like in your very first picture) is very elegant.

sholdt_lynden.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sagefemme|1448847525|3955455 said:
Are you talking about the Sholdt with partial bezel, like this?

I love that ring with prongs but the bezel version has those crazy zig-zag shoulders, which are a bit clunky........

However I do love the texture on the shank, and the side view (like in your very first picture) is very elegant.

No I wasn't considering that one as I think the zig zag bezel paired with the point of the mq might look odd

But you're right I'm loving the textured shank and that side profile is yummy

I was thinking the shank of that textured soli but with the halo of this minus the pave all together

a1f800aa2049540964713468602671b1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh. Pretty. I like that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results