Which ring would you choose and why?

agapitor

Shiny_Rock

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Think I prefer #1, the vision.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on what look you are going for.

Something a little more classic and understated (not that either are understated), or different, modern, contemporary... I think the first one is really neat- I am guessing the pave stones will be saphires? I think that is really stunning and totally different than anything I have ever seen, but it can also be a little more "trendy" and not as "timeless" looking, which doesnt matter to me! I love the first one personally, I think Total Newbie has something very similiar...

The second one is goregous as wellm but a bit more mainstream, many people have the stones/eternity style bands ...while sapphires will give it a twist..

I vote #1 :naughty: , but it depends on what type of statement you are looking to make..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1, very different, contemporary. Don't like #2 because the side stones in the twist give the appearance of being marquise from a distance and I don;t like marquise.
#1 is just really cool looking!

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I would go with #1

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
These settings are SO very different it's hard to say, but I think I like #2. I'm not into very contemporary settings that swirl around like the first one.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #1 -- with sapphire sidestones, it will be stunning. And I think an anniversary ring can be a little different from a traditional wedding set.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be worried that #1 would hook on things. So I'd pick #2.

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Wow! thanks for the quick response.. just to give more info. I do tend to lean on the contemporary style but simple and classic, which is the style of our furniture and home ecor. But I don't like anything too modern that will go out of style in a few years. I still wear clothes that I bought 17 years ago and don't seem to go out of style. That's kind of the same thing I'm looking for in my jewelry.

Funny that there's a comment on hooking on stuff because that is also a concern. I have two young children.. 4 & 6 and I don't want to scratch them with my bling.

thanks again to everyone for their response.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pretty conservative, I like #2.

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone, thanks for all your input.. I am now looking at diamonds and found the following at Excel diamonds. I thought I was getting pretty good at discerning diamonds until I saw these beauties. Can you have a look at these and let me know which you would choose. I'm also wondering whey there is such a vast difference in pricing.

I've emailed Excel for information on shipping a diamond to Canada but have not yet had a response. In the mean time your help with these diamonds would be great.

thanks

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Loose_Roun ... 33990.html

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Loose_Roun ... 33071.html

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Loose_Roun ... 33990.html

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Loose_Roun ... 05617.html

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Daisi2112 said:
I would go with #1

Ditto.... will be redonkulously beautiful with the sapphires

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
1st and 3rd stone is the same, duplicate link?

2nd and 4th stone looks promising from the numbers. Ask for the idealscope image. Not enough information for 1st stone.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I vote setting 2...but just my personal preference

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with sig47, Setting 2. Setting 1 is going to look dated in a few years, also it looks dangerous. That dagger pointy thing. Oh my!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with antelope1 - it will look dated in a few years. #2 is more classic - and more flexible if you want to wear another ring with it - such as an anniversary band.

I know someone who has a similar ring, and she has a terrible time with her wedding band - even though it was made to go with. She also tried to upgrade her center stone and couldn't get the one she wanted because the swirl limited the size possible.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love #2 for a more classic, timeless setting. While I like #1, I don't believe this setting will stand the test of time, and I'd be worried about the integrity of the center stone with the liklihood that it would catch on things.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
If you're doing sapphire sides I prefer #2, for some reason I don't really like tiny pave size sapphires, and I think #2 would showcase them more as actual blue stones and not little blue dots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results