shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Princess is better

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by TUTU, Apr 20, 2019.

1. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 20, 2019
    Hello,

I am searching for a diamond princess or round and found these in WF. Would you please advise which one is better? I am not comfortable with I color but I read in this forum and many have thought I color is acceptable. Should I trade H to I for bigger carat weight?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3208939.htm

or

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3954441.htm

I was told that in general a round diamond look bigger than a princess if same carat. Also kindly tell me pros and cons of princess cut? Is it a good choice or should I go to classic RB. This is my first diamond purchase ever!

Thank you all for your advice

2. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Apr 20, 2019
    I cannot evaluate princess cuts but would like to just add a few thoughts if I may to your thread. As to which cut one prefers that is an individual decision. There is no right or wrong when it comes to preferences. Round cuts will face up larger than princess cuts of the same carat weight that is true. But which do you prefer?

As for color once again it is a complete individual preference. I might be too tinted for some and may be perfect for others. If you prefer a very white stone than you might need to consider the DEF range for example. And depending on the cut you choose will also influence the color preference.

Is this for you or your FI?

lovedogs likes this.
  3. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Apr 20, 2019
    I’m not able to comment on the stats..I will just say that a princess diamond will show more color than a round. It will also face up smaller than a round diamond for the same weight. I love princess diamonds but they need to be seen in person to know how they will perform..Videos help but not like seeing it in person...I recently purchased two princess diamonds to be made into studs. The stats were perfect...as was the video..When I received them..they were not great performers...I was able to return them because I purchased them from a vendor who has a great return policy. Whiteflash is excellent so you’re already in good hands...Hopefully someone will chime in to help with stat knowledge..Good luck!

4. Swirl68
    Shiny_Rock

by Swirl68 » Apr 20, 2019
    Pay close attention to the dimensions. That 1.2 carat you linked will look roughly the same size as a .75 round when set.

lovedogs likes this.

5. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Apr 20, 2019
    Agreed with everyone else. Princess cuts are very subjective. Most ppl either love or hate them. Unless the ring is for you, or your future fiance said specifically to get a princess, don't. If this is a surprise, buy a round.

OoohShiny and missy like this.
  6. jbake
    Shiny_Rock

by jbake » Apr 20, 2019
    I agree about watching the dimensions. I have a 1.22ct princess that measures 6.11x6.14mm, so the one linked would look much smaller.

I don’t think all princess face up smaller, but it is harder to find a nice princess than round. This is a representation of my stone vs a 1.23ct round. Even though 6.1x6.1mm sounds smaller than 6.9x6.9mm, the princess has a diagonal measurement of 8.63mm and almost exactly the same face up area.

DA32A076-FDCA-40DF-9DA1-1F7D95F3F836.jpeg

SimoneDi likes this.
  7. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 21, 2019
    Thank you for this comparison. You r right at difficulty of finding nice princess. There is limited option at WF or BG at the moment.

8. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 21, 2019
    Hi, this is for myself

9. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 21, 2019
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

10. tyty333
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by tyty333 » Apr 21, 2019
    Here is the size difference between those 2 stones. BTW, they are both nice stones. AGS000 with ideal light return and nice aset images. I would ask
    for the video on the 1.2. Also ask for a side by side image of these 2 stones together. What setting are you thinking about?
    Capture.PNG

It will take approximately a .9 round to give the same coverage as the 1.02.
    It will take approximately a .97 round to give the same coverage at the 1.2.

lovedogs likes this.

11. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 22, 2019
    Hi,

I am finalizing b/w round and princess so haven't thought about setting yet. My finger is quite small, so I guess just fairly simple is best even though I really like the 3 stone style.

12. TUTU
    Rough_Rock

by TUTU » Apr 23, 2019
    Please help again,

I am shortlisting them down! BG staff has just given a new suggestion. But I can't figure out how the diamond will sparkle. Very much appreciate your thoughts

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...1.144-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104099153022

Does medium fluo in this diamond make it dull?

And here are stones from WF
    https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=3208939,3954441,4022281
    /
    The round looks fabulous with a jump in the price. Is the bigger princess more fiery?

Please help. I want to take 1 home!

13. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Apr 23, 2019
    Round stones will (in general) be the most brilliant. And if you look at the dimensions, the round is MUCH bigger (face up) than the princess options. Flourescence won't have any negative effects in this case. It's a special line of stones from BG specifically chosen bc they are great performers and have flour. I would go with one of the rounds, but of course it's your decision!

jbake likes this.