shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Princess is better

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am searching for a diamond princess or round and found these in WF. Would you please advise which one is better? I am not comfortable with I color but I read in this forum and many have thought I color is acceptable. Should I trade H to I for bigger carat weight?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3208939.htm

or

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3954441.htm

I was told that in general a round diamond look bigger than a princess if same carat. Also kindly tell me pros and cons of princess cut? Is it a good choice or should I go to classic RB. This is my first diamond purchase ever!

Thank you all for your advice

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I am searching for a diamond princess or round and found these in WF. Would you please advise which one is better? I am not comfortable with I color but I read in this forum and many have thought I color is acceptable. Should I trade H to I for bigger carat weight?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3208939.htm

or

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3954441.htm

I was told that in general a round diamond look bigger than a princess if same carat. Also kindly tell me pros and cons of princess cut? Is it a good choice or should I go to classic RB. This is my first diamond purchase ever!

I cannot evaluate princess cuts but would like to just add a few thoughts if I may to your thread. As to which cut one prefers that is an individual decision. There is no right or wrong when it comes to preferences. Round cuts will face up larger than princess cuts of the same carat weight that is true. But which do you prefer?

As for color once again it is a complete individual preference. I might be too tinted for some and may be perfect for others. If you prefer a very white stone than you might need to consider the DEF range for example. And depending on the cut you choose will also influence the color preference.

Is this for you or your FI?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello,

or

I’m not able to comment on the stats..I will just say that a princess diamond will show more color than a round. It will also face up smaller than a round diamond for the same weight. I love princess diamonds but they need to be seen in person to know how they will perform..Videos help but not like seeing it in person...I recently purchased two princess diamonds to be made into studs. The stats were perfect...as was the video..When I received them..they were not great performers...I was able to return them because I purchased them from a vendor who has a great return policy. Whiteflash is excellent so you’re already in good hands...Hopefully someone will chime in to help with stat knowledge..Good luck!

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I was told that in general a round diamond look bigger than a princess if same carat.

Pay close attention to the dimensions. That 1.2 carat you linked will look roughly the same size as a .75 round when set.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed with everyone else. Princess cuts are very subjective. Most ppl either love or hate them. Unless the ring is for you, or your future fiance said specifically to get a princess, don't. If this is a surprise, buy a round.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Pay close attention to the dimensions. That 1.2 carat you linked will look roughly the same size as a .75 round when set.

I agree about watching the dimensions. I have a 1.22ct princess that measures 6.11x6.14mm, so the one linked would look much smaller.

I don’t think all princess face up smaller, but it is harder to find a nice princess than round. This is a representation of my stone vs a 1.23ct round. Even though 6.1x6.1mm sounds smaller than 6.9x6.9mm, the princess has a diagonal measurement of 8.63mm and almost exactly the same face up area.

DA32A076-FDCA-40DF-9DA1-1F7D95F3F836.jpeg

TUTU

Rough_Rock
I agree about watching the dimensions. I have a 1.22ct princess that measures 6.11x6.14mm, so the one linked would look much smaller.

I don’t think all princess face up smaller, but it is harder to find a nice princess than round. This is a representation of my stone vs a 1.23ct round. Even though 6.1x6.1mm sounds smaller than 6.9x6.9mm, the princess has a diagonal measurement of 8.63mm and almost exactly the same face up area.

DA32A076-FDCA-40DF-9DA1-1F7D95F3F836.jpeg

Thank you for this comparison. You r right at difficulty of finding nice princess. There is limited option at WF or BG at the moment.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
I cannot evaluate princess cuts but would like to just add a few thoughts if I may to your thread. As to which cut one prefers that is an individual decision. There is no right or wrong when it comes to preferences. Round cuts will face up larger than princess cuts of the same carat weight that is true. But which do you prefer?

As for color once again it is a complete individual preference. I might be too tinted for some and may be perfect for others. If you prefer a very white stone than you might need to consider the DEF range for example. And depending on the cut you choose will also influence the color preference.

Is this for you or your FI?

Hi, this is for myself

TUTU

Rough_Rock
I’m not able to comment on the stats..I will just say that a princess diamond will show more color than a round. It will also face up smaller than a round diamond for the same weight. I love princess diamonds but they need to be seen in person to know how they will perform..Videos help but not like seeing it in person...I recently purchased two princess diamonds to be made into studs. The stats were perfect...as was the video..When I received them..they were not great performers...I was able to return them because I purchased them from a vendor who has a great return policy. Whiteflash is excellent so you’re already in good hands...Hopefully someone will chime in to help with stat knowledge..Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the size difference between those 2 stones. BTW, they are both nice stones. AGS000 with ideal light return and nice aset images. I would ask
for the video on the 1.2. Also ask for a side by side image of these 2 stones together. What setting are you thinking about?
Capture.PNG

It will take approximately a .9 round to give the same coverage as the 1.02.
It will take approximately a .97 round to give the same coverage at the 1.2.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 46

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Here is the size difference between those 2 stones. BTW, they are both nice stones. AGS000 with ideal light return and nice aset images. I would ask
for the video on the 1.2. Also ask for a side by side image of these 2 stones together. What setting are you thinking about?
Capture.PNG

It will take approximately a .9 round to give the same coverage as the 1.02.
It will take approximately a .97 round to give the same coverage at the 1.2.

Hi,

I am finalizing b/w round and princess so haven't thought about setting yet. My finger is quite small, so I guess just fairly simple is best even though I really like the 3 stone style.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Please help again,

I am shortlisting them down! BG staff has just given a new suggestion. But I can't figure out how the diamond will sparkle. Very much appreciate your thoughts

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...1.144-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104099153022

Does medium fluo in this diamond make it dull?

And here are stones from WF
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=3208939,3954441,4022281
/
The round looks fabulous with a jump in the price. Is the bigger princess more fiery?

Please help. I want to take 1 home!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round stones will (in general) be the most brilliant. And if you look at the dimensions, the round is MUCH bigger (face up) than the princess options. Flourescence won't have any negative effects in this case. It's a special line of stones from BG specifically chosen bc they are great performers and have flour. I would go with one of the rounds, but of course it's your decision!

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Update

I finally chose an ACA and just made the wire transfer today. The journey to find the first diamond seems tougher than buying an apartment with many more comparison and reference. In about a month, I have exchanged so many emails and messages to various vendors. I am really much grateful for their patience. Liza in WF is awesome. I took all her recommendation about the stone as well as the setting.

Thank you a lot PSers for your sharing and comments. I hope I will post my new ring very soon when it arrives in mid June.

Now I am a taking deep breath and wait in excitement:appl:

Wish all a very joyful week!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So which stone did you go with??? Or is it a secret until the reveal?=)2

The nice thing is that if in the future you want to try out the other shape (round/princess), its easy to do at WF.

Looking forward to pics!

TUTU

Rough_Rock
So which stone did you go with??? Or is it a secret until the reveal?=)2

The nice thing is that if in the future you want to try out the other shape (round/princess), its easy to do at WF.

Looking forward to pics!

Hello,

Yes, I will definitely take the advantange of their lifetime upgrade policy. And for some reason, I want it to safely come to my finger and then display;)2

TUTU

Rough_Rock
20190615_141554.jpg Hi

It has finally arrived. It struck my eyes by so much sparkles, . The ring is so bright, stunning beyond my expectation. Whiteflash did excellent job and they pair perfectly with FedEx. It took only 3 days to deliver to me from Houston.

And here it is!

TUTU

Rough_Rock
I think that I can't upload a video clip of it under the strong sun as it is quite heavy. It 20190615_140543.jpg showed negligible fluorescent as described in the cert.That a little pokes. With my own eye, I don't see fluorescent but in photo and video, it shows.

I wonder anyone experience the same. Is GIA none fluorescent different?

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Thank you SimoneDi.

It is gorgeous. My husband and I love it so much:love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It showed negligible fluorescent as described in the cert.That a little pokes. With my own eye, I don't see fluorescent but in photo and video, it shows.

I wonder anyone experience the same. Is GIA none fluorescent different?
You should buy a UV LED torch to check for fluor - it is likely that the stone is reflecting the colour of the sky.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Oh it can be the sky reflection. However, I will buy a UV led torch to check. Thanks Ooohshiny

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! You did great!! I’m off to read your other thread now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results