shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laura27

Rough_Rock
Hey guys! It''s been a while since I''ve posted but the boyfriend is getting ready to purchase the ring. So, anyways, I''ve picked 2 stones and just wanted to get your advice on them. By the way, they''re both rounds. I''ve checked and they''re both eye clean. I''m just a little worried that I might detect a bit of warmth in the J. I did compare stones one day but I can''t remember if I looked at a J. I know I compared an H to an I and couldn''t detect any difference in color and they weren''t well cut stones. What do you think? Many thanks in advance!

1st- I VS2

. Carat: 1.163
. Depth %: 61.6
. Table %: 56.4
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.73-6.76X4.15
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

2nd- J Si1

. Carat: 1.210
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.1
. Crown Angle: 34.6
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 78
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.87-6.89X4.22
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Laura

They both look super, any chance of images such as Idealscope to choose between them?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 4:18:57 AM
Author: Laura27
Hey Lorelei! Thanks for the quick reply! I''ll just post the links so I won''t have to save each imagae and then upload it on here.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1982314.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2175381.htm

Most welcome!

They both look good, what I would do is ask for Bob at WF to evaluate each for you and discuss them, if you can''t decide he could help you determine which would be the best one to select. If you are concerned about the colour then maybe the I would be the one to go for.

Laura27

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a plan. So, just good huh? Do you think I could find something better? Which would be the one you would choose regardless of color?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 4:56:01 AM
Sounds like a plan. So, just good huh? Do you think I could find something better? Which would be the one you would choose regardless of color?
Oh no, not just good - those are excellent diamonds!!!
emthup.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahhaa, very funny... :razz:

Laura27

Rough_Rock
Ok guys just thought I''d update. Friday I had asked Liza from WF if she could send me a pic of the two stones together. She said that they had just gotten a new shipment in so it would probably be Monday before they could get to it. Well, I checked my email late Friday and she had gotten them to squeeze in the pic and sent it. She said that face up they are nearly the same color and performance wise they are almost identical. I fell in love with the J and shot her back an email telling her so, fully expecting to not hear back from her till Monday. Saturday when I woke up I had 2 new emails. One was an order, and the other was her explaining that she put in the fake order to hold the stone. She said that was the only way she could do a hold over the weekend and she didn''t want anyone snapping up my diamond before we could place the actual order tomorrow. She is an absolute doll! I''ve been emailing her for a few months and she never tires of answering all of my questions...and believe me there were a TON! Anyways, so I decided to go with the Harmony setting in platinum. YAY! SO freaking excited!!!! I''ll see if I can post the pic of the two stones. I just want to say thank you again for asnwering all of my questions! I have learned so much from this site. Lorelei, Ellen, and Stone-Cold thank you so much for taking the time to help a complete stranger!!!!

Laura27

Rough_Rock
Comparison pic. What do you all think? The J made me swoon. Don''t know why...perhpas it''s because the arrows look a bit thinner. Or it could be because it''s a tad bigger
emteeth.gif

mylovelyJ.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe. :)

It is a personal preference thing on the thickness of the arrows. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the J, thinner arrows appeal to me more than thicker ones in rounds. I don''t think you can get this wrong, but go with the one your heart leads you toward!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the left (is that the J?). I think the thinner arrows draw your eyes out and make the stone look
bigger (more so than just the 5 pts) IMO.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the J too. I had a whiteflash ''J'' stone and it was plenty white. Gorgeous stone, I ended up getting an ''I'' when I traded up, but I had such a hard time trading
in that stone. The size difference looks like more than 5 points. I looks like a winner!

Laura27

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Seems like the majority like the J better. Yes, the one one the left is the J. Soon to be fiance ordered the J and the harmony today! However, he won''t say when it''s supposed to be done. I guess that''s the surprise part of the deal. I''m thinking Liza had told me a while back that it would take about 4 weeks to complete...so I''m going to have to endure a month of waiting. Oh well, it will be worth it! Just hope it exceeds my expectations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2009 2:50:38 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Seems like the majority like the J better. Yes, the one one the left is the J. Soon to be fiance ordered the J and the harmony today! However, he won''t say when it''s supposed to be done. I guess that''s the surprise part of the deal. I''m thinking Liza had told me a while back that it would take about 4 weeks to complete...so I''m going to have to endure a month of waiting. Oh well, it will be worth it! Just hope it exceeds my expectations!
36.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the waiting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results