shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one would you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1

ETA: (for clarification purposes)
I like small tables, so I prefer #1 to #2 and the IS is very nice - should have some nice contrast at the edges. WF #3 is a little deeper than I prefer, with a thicker girdle than I would prefer. It appears the IS and ASET pics are somewhat tilted. WF #4 is a virtual stone (not in house, and you would have to pay to have them bring it in for eval), so I just knocked it off my list (it is also smaller diameter wise than the others, and the table is slightly bigger than I like).

noob529

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info, i really like #1 also but am a little weary about it being an si2

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, number three has symmetry issues and is too deep so I wouldn''t buy that one. Also, it''s always nice to have the information up front with pictures, etc., so I''d stick to number 1 and 2.

Of the first two, both should be winners. Number two is slightly less expensive, but both are really lovely stones. Some people like a table under 57%, but this is really getting to be hairsplitting.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 2:00:06 PM
Author: noob529
Thanks for the info, i really like #1 also but am a little weary about it being an si2
According to the GOG website it is a VS2 (both GOG stones you posted are VS2) - maybe this makes you feel better about it? Even if it were SI2, I would just call GOG and ask them to eyeball it and tell me if it is eyeclean.

and Kcoursolle is absolutely right that it is splitting hairs with the table, etc - that is why I wrote the little ETA addendum so that you would know why I personally preferred #1, as others may prefer others for diff reasons (price, etc) - I certainly wouldn''t turn down #2 if given to me!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 2:00:06 PM
If GOG says it''s an SI2, then go for it! SI2''s are great values and if it''s eye-clean inclusions can be a useful way of identifying your stone under a 10X loupe when you take it in for repairs and maintenance.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1, definitely. I recommended that one a couple weeks ago. Beautiful.

noob529

Rough_Rock
I was wrong it is about #1 it is a VS2 which is great. Does the price sound good to you guys?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 6:45:24 PM
I was wrong it is about #1 it is a VS2 which is great. Does the price sound good to you guys?
The prices are fine, and along with them you are getting a great upgrade policy and gog''s wonderful service.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 8:44:44 PM
Author: kcoursolle

The prices are fine, and along with them you are getting a great upgrade policy and gog''s wonderful service.
Ditto.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 sure looks like a winner to me!!!

noob529

Rough_Rock
anyone ever haggle with GOG for a better price?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 11:56:11 AM
I''ve not heard of anyone, I seriously doubt they would.

The price is fair. Try going to a B&M and find a stone with that same size (hard to find in a super ideal btw), color and clarity. I''d bet money it would be a good amount more, and quite possibly not as ideal cut as that one.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 12:15:05 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/10/2007 11:56:11 AM
I''ve not heard of anyone, I seriously doubt they would.

The price is fair. Try going to a B&M and find a stone with that same size (hard to find in a super ideal btw), color and clarity. I''d bet money it would be a good amount more, and quite possibly not as ideal cut as that one.
2.gif
I wouldn''t haggle....but you might be able to ask for a "pricescope discount." I know WF and JA have one that is about 5% with a bankwire, not sure if GOG does too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
k, yes, GOG does have a bankwire pice (listed below the regular price). And that will save some money, but that''s it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results