shape
carat
color
clarity

Which One is Better in Your Opinion?

rayq66

Rough_Rock
Hi, please help to pick one between the two (1 or 2) in the following pictures (from AGS certificate) when other factors are quite similar! They are both H&A cut and have 1.6 vs 1.3 Holloway Cut score respectively. The top one doesn't have the light green spots as in lower part of the 2nd, while it has less contrast :confused:. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

diamond-image.png

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be curious to see the upper girdle angles (the numbers on those) and also how it impacts the visuals in diffuse lighting. There may or may not be any notable differences between the 2.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
rayq66 said:
Hi, please help to pick one between the two (1 or 2) in the following pictures (from AGS certificate) when other factors are quite similar! They are both H&A cut and have 1.6 vs 1.3 Holloway Cut score respectively. The top one doesn't have the light green spots as in lower part of the 2nd, while it has less contrast :confused:. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The problem with those generated images is they are based on a scan. They are only as good as the scan, if the scan has error (which I see a glitch in the one of the arrows) than the image will show features that don't represent the diamond very well.

Do you have a real photogaphed ASET image for either or the full sarin data report?

rayq66

Rough_Rock
Here are the number of both.

Diamond #1 (6.64-6.67 x 4.11mm)

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 55.4%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2

Diamond #2 (6.62-6.66 x 4.09mm)

Depth: 61.7%
Table: 55.4%
Crown Angle: 34.2
Crown %: 15.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately none of these numbers are reporting upper girdle angles. You will generally not find these numbers on a GIA or AGS Report. It requires a full facet by facet scan of the diamond. CCL is also correct in that the generated images are only as good as the scan. These do appear to be AGS generated images so there is a fairly high confidence level in the quality of the scan. I'm just a stickler personally for confirmation and knowing all the other geeky details.

rayq66

Rough_Rock
Oh, do you mean 54 for #1 and 56 fo #2 like the following pictures? Also, there is a missing inner blue "arrow" in 3 O'clock position in the first image in my post #1, should that be a concern?

diamond-image2.jpg

rayq66

Rough_Rock
ChunkyCushionLover said:
Do you have a real photogaphed ASET image for either or the full sarin data report?

Unfortunately, I don't have those images on hands right now. Maybe I'll ask for them tomorrow. Thanks.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
rayq66 said:
ChunkyCushionLover said:

Unfortunately, I don't have those images on hands right now. Maybe I'll ask for them tomorrow. Thanks.

A full sarin report has nothing to do with the grading report. It is a seperate document based on a full scan of the diamond and would have hundreds of values on it. If you post the .srn file or the full report than we can take a look at the angles for you, but that information is not available from the grading reports from AGSL.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, get the photograph ASET image. The AGS plot might be a mistake in the scan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results