color
clarity

Which one is a good choice?

lkhosasi

Rough_Rock

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

First, both are great stones & choices. It's hard to go wrong with either one.

That said, I like the 0.718ct linked above better. The higher crown angle is throwing a little more fire IMO which I prefer. Look at the videos. Also, the hearts image is a little better as well.

Being a K colored stone, @YoLaL makes a good point about verifying the shade of the stone and whatever the results, making sure you are okay with that.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had my eye on both those stones, and I agree that the .718k is my favorite.

lkhosasi

Rough_Rock
Actually I am perfectly ok with the K color, as I have 0.8ct in K color, the problem is my 0.8ct is not super ideal, and I never own a super ideal stone. So this is my first time in considering of buying super ideal stone.
Btw, thank you guys for giving me some advices here. Appreciate it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I am perfectly ok with the K color, as I have 0.8ct in K color, the problem is my 0.8ct is not super ideal, and I never own a super ideal stone. So this is my first time in considering of buying super ideal stone.
Btw, thank you guys for giving me some advices here. Appreciate it.

Are you replacing the 0.8ct stone with this one?

What are the specs on your other stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #1 , b/c all 8 hearts are perfectly matched, plus looks like a very clean VS2 stone.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, both are great stones & choices. It's hard to go wrong with either one.

That said, I like the 0.718ct linked above better. The higher crown angle is throwing a little more fire IMO which I prefer. Look at the videos. Also, the hearts image is a little better as well.

Being a K colored stone, @YoLaL makes a good point about verifying the shade of the stone and whatever the results, making sure you are okay with that.

Looking back over this my comments were probably confusing as I linked the wrong stone. The one with the 34.7 crown is what I like for reasoning already provided.

Sorry.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3997088.htm

lkhosasi

Rough_Rock
Are you replacing the 0.8ct stone with this one?

What are the specs on your other stone?
No, I don’t plan to replace my 0.8ct stone, as I think it is not worth it to trade in my current stone. Furthermore the stone was not purchased from whiteflash. My current stone spec is 0.8 K VS2. CA 36, PA 40.6, TD61.9, T 58%.

lkhosasi

Rough_Rock
I like #1 , b/c all 8 hearts are perfectly matched, plus looks like a very clean VS2 stone.
Now you all have confirmed my choice as well, as I am more in favour of the first one diamond of Aset scope.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first diamond looks cleaner in terms of clarity. All the diamonds were fine on the ASET.

Are you saying brighter means sparkler?

No, cut and light determine sparkle. The whiter a stone is, the brighter (assuming equally well cut stones).

Here's a good illlustration, although it does look like the diamond on the left has more direct lighting. Still, the H is on the left and the J is on the right. This is what I mean about higher colors being brighter (because they are whiter).

HandJcolor.jpg

lkhosasi

Rough_Rock
The first diamond looks cleaner in terms of clarity. All the diamonds were fine on the ASET.

No, cut and light determine sparkle. The whiter a stone is, the brighter (assuming equally well cut stones).

Here's a good illlustration, although it does look like the diamond on the left has more direct lighting. Still, the H is on the left and the J is on the right. This is what I mean about higher colors being brighter (because they are whiter).

HandJcolor.jpg
Oh now I know what you are saying. Yeah, brighter stone looks more appealing.
Thanks for the pic ya.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results