shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one? - I am still so undecided...

L

lydial

If you look at the pavilion angles the “B” stone (the H)with the 40.7 pavilion angle would better meet the “super ideal” proportions found in CBI and ACA diamonds loved by the consumers on this forum. I would go with the H, diamond B. Prettier.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your suggestion reminded me that many years ago I was looking at some diamond solitaires at T & Co and was in a private viewing room with the sales associate. I went to do exactly what you said, to see what the ring looked like without all the fancy lights. I was admonished by the sales associate and told that I must keep the ring within view of the associate!

LOL! Yes, I have been so reprimanded. I have invited the SA to join me in a dark corner. :lol: I don't trust my own judgement under the professional lighting of a Tiffany store.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
LOL! Yes, I have been so reprimanded. I have invited the SA to join me in a dark corner. :lol: I don't trust my own judgement under the professional lighting of a Tiffany store.

Hahaha! I can just imagine the situation :D

In my case, the SA at Tiffany's were very helpful. She even dug out a microscope in advance of my visit and set it upon for me to look at the stones. And she suggested to view it in different light conditions (by the window, etc.) even though she could not turn out the spot lights in the private viewing room. So, generally, I give her an A+ for effort. Very nice lady and really good service (rather an exception here in Germany).

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for you input! I think my next choice (if it ever comes to that) will be much more informed thanks to this forum. In the meantime, it looks like I'll be picking up my new ring early next week :dance:

My husband made a short story out of my indecision (as usual, huh!...) and has already purchased the ring yesterday. Tiffany's only making the adjustment to the ring size over the weekend.

And the winner is....(drum roll ): diamond B, color H, 3.16 carat, VVS2, HCA score 0.8 :) Thanks for your advice!

As we are only limited by our preferences, we have considered other/bigger carat sizes and/or higher colors. But I lead a very free, low-key, informal lifestyle, mostly walking or biking everywhere (or taking an u-bahn - of course pre-coronavirus) and just hanging out outside with my dogs. Why ask for trouble? Germany is generally a safe place but I don't wanna call too much attention to myself. So I hope to get a lot of sparkle(and fun!) out of wearing this ring without worrying too much about its value :twirl: Most people around here will assume that it is a CZ anyway. A definite plus ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyy, congrats on choosing! Its going to be gorgeous!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Yayyy, congrats on choosing! Its going to be gorgeous!

Thanks! Kind of excited to pick it up. I wonder if it's gonna look like I have it in memory.

Hubby mentioned that if all goes well, the next upgrade will involve a 6.5 carat so I need to start researching now :) Huh! I guess Tiffany's upgrade policy is simply x2. But for now, I am really curious how the ring will be IRL.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Please update with pics when you can! Either diamond is an absolute dream. That's cool you are in Germany! I lived in Hain Grundau for 3 years and wish I was still living there! I miss the bike paths connecting all the towns, more so now since I learned how to bike 2 years ago.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for you input! I think my next choice (if it ever comes to that) will be much more informed thanks to this forum. In the meantime, it looks like I'll be picking up my new ring early next week :dance:

My husband made a short story out of my indecision (as usual, huh!...) and has already purchased the ring yesterday. Tiffany's only making the adjustment to the ring size over the weekend.

And the winner is....(drum roll ): diamond B, color H, 3.16 carat, VVS2, HCA score 0.8 :) Thanks for your advice!

As we are only limited by our preferences, we have considered other/bigger carat sizes and/or higher colors. But I lead a very free, low-key, informal lifestyle, mostly walking or biking everywhere (or taking an u-bahn - of course pre-coronavirus) and just hanging out outside with my dogs. Why ask for trouble? Germany is generally a safe place but I don't wanna call too much attention to myself. So I hope to get a lot of sparkle(and fun!) out of wearing this ring without worrying too much about its value :twirl: Most people around here will assume that it is a CZ anyway. A definite plus ;-)

I can’t wait to see a hundred hand photos lol!
Wear it in good health.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Please update with pics when you can! Either diamond is an absolute dream. That's cool you are in Germany! I lived in Hain Grundau for 3 years and wish I was still living there! I miss the bike paths connecting all the towns, more so now since I learned how to bike 2 years ago.

Thanks! Hope that you can use your new bicycling skills wherever you live! Come over for a visit :)

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I can’t wait to see a hundred hand photos lol!
Wear it in good health.

I don't know about a hundred but I'll try my best. On the other hand I am starting to get a bit insecure since the ring was paid for in full on Friday and they could not deliver it until Monday and now they are delaying it again. If they are that busy, I guess I better really look at the etched number since switches happen unintentionally in busy labs.

How long does it take to resize the plain platinum ring? Does anybody know?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on picking a gorgeous stone! I can’t wait to see modeling shots!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about a hundred but I'll try my best. On the other hand I am starting to get a bit insecure since the ring was paid for in full on Friday and they could not deliver it until Monday and now they are delaying it again. If they are that busy, I guess I better really look at the etched number since switches happen unintentionally in busy labs.

How long does it take to resize the plain platinum ring? Does anybody know?

For myself we purchased a Tiffany Fancy Yellow on March 18th in Carmel CA while on vacation. It was sent to NY for sizing, and returned to Walnut Creek CA on March 26th.

As far as the lab report number inscription, unlike GIA or AGS who inscribe on the girdle which can be seen with a 20x loupe, Tiffany inscribes on a crown facet and you need at least 45x to see it through a microscope.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
For myself we purchased a Tiffany Fancy Yellow on March 18th in Carmel CA while on vacation. It was sent to NY for sizing, and returned to Walnut Creek CA on March 26th.

As far as the lab report number inscription, unlike GIA or AGS who inscribe on the girdle which can be seen with a 20x loupe, Tiffany inscribes on a crown facet and you need at least 45x to see it through a microscope.

Thanks for the info! And congratulations on your purchase!

Were you able to see the number on you diamond? Which crown facet do they usually put it on? I think it would be a good skill to be able to identify your own stone.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! And congratulations on your purchase!

Were you able to see the number on you diamond? Which crown facet do they usually put it on? I think it would be a good skill to be able to identify your own stone.

Yes I was able to see and verify it on a star facet.

Here is an example of one

Screenshot_20200525-090015_Chrome.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I was able to see them in IRL and I took some pictures and even a video, however, they all came out kind of blurry. My iPhone 11 Pro wasn't focusing on the stones or I just don't know how to take pictures of jewerly. I will post them here but I am not sure that they will be useful. What do they look like to you?

Even though I have read a lot on this forum about diamonds I simply do not have a large enough point of reference or experience to apply that in practice. I looked at them at the store for a long time, under the store lights and by the window...but I just don't know what I am seeing :)

Diamond A, color G, HCA Score 1.8, pictures taken by the window
G_IMG_2396.jpg G_IMG_2400.jpg

Diamond B, color H, HCA Score 0.8, pictures taken by the window
H_IMG_2382.jpg H_IMG_2383.jpg

Opinions? Advice?

wow !
beautiful no matter which one you chose !

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I picked it up yesterday evening And it’s just so WOW! Absolutely amazing.

Tiffany made it into a nice experience for us. Can’t complain. They were very nice, even gifted us one of our favourite Californian red wines and some of the Tiffany chocolates.Very pleasant people. They have also told us that custom orders are available (I am thinking about a dark saphire/diamonds Art Deco ring...).

We took the new diamond ring out for dinner :) , of course outside, on the terasse with 2m distance and all waiters wearing face masks. I hope it wasn’t a mistake....It felt so nice to go out again. Do you know what I mean? We haven’t been out to eat in two months...Finished the shopping experience with some steamed lobster with avocado salad and supper yummy home-made truffel pasta. My goodness, I do miss NOT cooking every day:)

I took a few pics but most were out of focus and pretty bad to be honest :) The ring is quite beautifull though. I love the little fire flashes but they make it impossible to take any pictures! :)

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
C25DA73A-B2F6-473A-9558-289FFBD30672.jpeg
7946A14B-429C-41B7-AC5C-F6E2B23B32A5.jpeg 6AF974D5-ADE8-4473-B0EA-A5B5BEAF141B.jpeg 9BD36079-7C4B-491F-B9DA-68B81B798A9E.jpeg F2A646C8-6858-4FE7-B29D-12288101A36D.jpeg No F9EDD6D7-2516-4875-BBE5-E4CA9FA8B923.jpeg

These are my very indolent attempts to take a picture under the bathroom lamp (very warm, yellow light - the ring in the original box with an open cover). Let’s just say I need to stick to my day job instead of becoming a photopgrapher :)

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your help and support!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
And here are the promiced 100 hand modeling pics (in a shade) :) I sm unable to tske any pics with any light. Or maybe my iphone is not up to it.

But I am having so much fun with this ring! :D 10411F12-749D-4433-AC24-225C08F6F9E8.jpeg CD1B8ADD-01DB-477C-ABFC-60B316703FA9.jpeg CAB3E810-11C8-4CA7-A050-FB63933FFA4D.jpeg C6CE0B15-F8ED-4935-BB7D-F20BFE2A206B.jpeg 10411F12-749D-4433-AC24-225C08F6F9E8.jpeg CD1B8ADD-01DB-477C-ABFC-60B316703FA9.jpeg CAB3E810-11C8-4CA7-A050-FB63933FFA4D.jpeg C6CE0B15-F8ED-4935-BB7D-F20BFE2A206B.jpeg

10411F12-749D-4433-AC24-225C08F6F9E8.jpeg CD1B8ADD-01DB-477C-ABFC-60B316703FA9.jpeg CAB3E810-11C8-4CA7-A050-FB63933FFA4D.jpeg C6CE0B15-F8ED-4935-BB7D-F20BFE2A206B.jpeg

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Oops. Posted some of the images twice by accident. Sorry! I don’t know how it happened.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know why images get posted twice. Sorry guys! I just don’t have the knowledge to cgange it.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know why images get posted twice. Sorry guys! I just don’t have the knowledge to change it.

i am really loving the ring but already told my husband that these flashes should get bigger! :) ;-) Huh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results