shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these two Whiteflash setting heads do you prefer?

colette

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi I’ve just purchased a diamond from Whiteflash & they can set it in my current JA setting, but I want to replace the head with a 6 prong for some add’l security (even if its mental as I’ve lost just lost a diamond for 2nd time in my life....I know, I know - wth?).

Here’s my current diamond, my JA setting and the two choices they offered:

Option 1 - classic Tiffany style
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-713.htm

Option 2 - Elegant Tiffany style
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3581.htm

Current setting - with its 4 prongs - which matches my wedding band:
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ch-cut-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-item-2496

The diamond will be this 1.42 ct round
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3826685.htm

I’m leaning toward their Elegant style head because it looks more open and prongs appear smaller from top view, but it’s hard without seeing it in person. Any thoughts?

Also the quote is for $350 to change the head on my e ring, do you think I should ask how much platinum would be? Because seriously if I lose another that’s it, no mas.

Thanks! Colette

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm confused - is your current ring 18k white gold or platinum? Or are you thinking about getting a platinum head on a white gold band? If you don't mind me asking, how did the other diamonds go loose? Broken prong, for example?

I personally like the elegant as well - the prongs are a little more refined.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi I’ve just purchased a diamond from Whiteflash & they can set it in my current JA setting, but I want to replace the head with a 6 prong for some add’l security (even if its mental as I’ve lost just lost a diamond for 2nd time in my life....I know, I know - wth?).

Here’s my current diamond, my JA setting and the two choices they offered:

Option 1 - classic Tiffany style
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-713.htm

Option 2 - Elegant Tiffany style
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3581.htm

Current setting - with its 4 prongs - which matches my wedding band:
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ch-cut-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-item-2496

The diamond will be this 1.42 ct round
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3826685.htm

I’m leaning toward their Elegant style head because it looks more open and prongs appear smaller from top view, but it’s hard without seeing it in person. Any thoughts?

Also the quote is for $350 to change the head on my e ring, do you think I should ask how much platinum would be? Because seriously if I lose another that’s it, no mas.

Thanks! Colette
I prefer the classic tiffany as the stone looks to be set lower in the prongs. I do like the openness of the prongs of the Elegant, but it looks like they set the stone higher to get that openness.

Last edited:

colette

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm confused - is your current ring 18k white gold or platinum? Or are you thinking about getting a platinum head on a white gold band? If you don't mind me asking, how did the other diamonds go loose? Broken prong, for example?

I personally like the elegant as well - the prongs are a little more refined.

Yimmers - that’s ok I don’t mind, but it’s just embarrassing. The first time I noticed when I got in car leaving hospital (work) - setting looked fine. That was a 4 prong setting with princess cut.
This time was same situation only I was home - had done some chores, walked dog, washed hands several time (we’ve looked down drain trap) and it’s just gone from the setting but prongs look fine. I did have it resized from 6.5 to 5.5 in December at local jeweler. Even though I didn’t lose it at work I am thinking it must be from frequent glove changes so won’t wear to work anymore.
Oh and it’s 18k WG, I just wondered if I should try to get a platinum head or if that would look weird or just be unnecessary. As you can tell I need all the help I can get. A coworker thinks I should have a diamond pierced into my finger (that’s actually a thing now lol)

colette

Rough_Rock
Premium
I prefer the classic tiffany as the stone looks to be set lower in the prons. I do like the openness of the prongs of the Elegant, but it looks like they set the stone higher to get that openness.
Oh lower in the prongs - thank you for noticing that!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers - that’s ok I don’t mind, but it’s just embarrassing. The first time I noticed when I got in car leaving hospital (work) - setting looked fine. That was a 4 prong setting with princess cut.
This time was same situation only I was home - had done some chores, walked dog, washed hands several time (we’ve looked down drain trap) and it’s just gone from the setting but prongs look fine. I did have it resized from 6.5 to 5.5 in December at local jeweler. Even though I didn’t lose it at work I am thinking it must be from frequent glove changes so won’t wear to work anymore.
Oh and it’s 18k WG, I just wondered if I should try to get a platinum head or if that would look weird or just be unnecessary. As you can tell I need all the help I can get. A coworker thinks I should have a diamond pierced into my finger (that’s actually a thing now lol)
Personally, I always prefer platinum. Not only do I not need shiny metal, but platinum is much more likely to deform and "hold" the diamond where gold is more likely to bend and crack. So, if the color difference between WG and platinum won't bother you, I'd go with platinum.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh, don't worry about being embarrassed. As someone who's lost her entire wedding set, I can feel your pain about losing a diamond. And when I got my replacement, I kept knocking it around so many times that it came loose on several occasions. The setting wasn't even that high. And...I went from 4 to 8 prongs.

As for the height, that will be a matter of preference. I don't care for super high or super low. It will look bigger if it's set higher. However, if you're clumsy like me or have a profession that isn't solitaire friendly, lower may be a better choice.

Belic

Rough_Rock
Premium
Elegant, going for the same head with 3 rows of pavé :roll2: Just need to get a nice diamond and stretch my budget a bit :devil:

colette

Rough_Rock
Premium
I contacted WF and they said while the Elegant sits slightly higher, but that the difference is “really, really tiny” so I went for it!

Belic

Rough_Rock
Premium
Great choice! :kiss2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! I love the elegant one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results