shape
carat
color
clarity

which of these two stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
thanks for the link to that tread...very interesting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any decision yet? Just curious.
5.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Not yet. My husband asked me to please have them send the diamond to us. I talked to GOG today, and they said it could take some time to find a well cut 1.75 - 1.80 RB, G, VS2. Is is worth the wait? Is it really worth the extra money?? You may have written the chapter on OCD, but I compiled the entire book!!

I don''t know why I have my mind around a G, VS2. I will take one more evening to think about it. By the way, what is the color of that stone the you have pictured on all your postings? Is that your Isee2? It''s simply outrageous.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 6:13:26 PM
Author: mbr102865
Not yet. My husband asked me to please have them send the diamond to us. I talked to GOG today, and they said it could take some time to find a well cut 1.75 - 1.80 RB, G, VS2. Is is worth the wait? Is it really worth the extra money?? You may have written the chapter on OCD, but I compiled the entire book!!

I don''t know why I have my mind around a G, VS2. I will take one more evening to think about it. By the way, what is the color of that stone the you have pictured on all your postings? Is that your Isee2? It''s simply outrageous.
LOL!!

I think having it sent to you is a GREAT idea. Getting to spend a lot of time with it would definitely tell you one way or the other whether it''s for you. Be sure and take it on lots of field trips if you do!

Yes, waiting could take awhile, but I think once you saw this diamond and spent some time with it, you''d be able to answer those questions.
2.gif
(it IS a great size!) And then there would be no "what ifs".

You would ask.
11.gif
9.gif
It''s a G, however, I was looking for a rather hard size to find, and wanted an H. This one kind of found me, and there were so many other things about it that I loved (plus the right size of course), that I said ok. I will say this, at the independant appraisors, when holding it to her master set to judge color, I would venture to guess it''s a low G.

And yes, it''s an Isee2. Thank you for the sweet compliment!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
LOL!! Now that is funny that your stone just happens to be the prized G color. Maybe it''s fortuitous that I asked...lol...

OK..now I have to know the clarity...(I won''t be able to stand it if it''s VS2!!!!)
26.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, ok, would it suffice it to say it's not?
9.gif

It's a VS1. Which I really didn't want (wanted VS2, SI1), but, again, I wanted it (the diamond). Since I had worn a very small stone for 24 years, and gone without quite a bit to stay home with my kids, I figured I was worth it.
9.gif

And there won't be another upgrade, this is it.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
You have really made this far more difficult...lol...

BUT no one deserves a perfect stone more than someone who chose to do without some luxuries so that she could stay at home with her children.
12.gif
God Bless stay at home moms!!

See, I keep thinking: well I can get this one now and just wait to upgrade, but why would I want to buy something already thinking about upgrading it?????? Seems a little crazy...huh??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, and I''m sorry!
17.gif

Yeah, I see what you mean. However, if you get this one sent to you, you might fall in love with it. Honestly, I''d get it sent, then you''ll know. Couldn''t hurt....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 7:21:32 PM
Author: Ellen
Thanks, and I''m sorry!
17.gif

Yeah, I see what you mean. However, if you get this one sent to you, you might fall in love with it. Honestly, I''d get it sent, then you''ll know. Couldn''t hurt....

I agree with Ellen. I do have a G VS2. I think if I would have thought about it harder I would have had them send me and I in something bigger. Now I have to wait, so next upgrade may be and I SI1. I would bring the stone in to see; what do you have to lose????? I understand the obsessing part but until you see it you will keep wondering, right.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, Skippy. I am so glad you decided to stop by. I''ve read a number of your posts, and your pic is so cute! Did you have a chance to look at the specs on this stone? If so: what do you think?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatcha wanna know? I mean, I''m not sure what you''re referring to, it''s the same as the one you have on hold...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 8:03:42 PM
Hi, Skippy. I am so glad you decided to stop by. I''ve read a number of your posts, and your pic is so cute! Did you have a chance to look at the specs on this stone? If so: what do you think?

Thank you! Is the WF one cheaper? I would go w/ the one that is cheaper. the 1.8 looks great! Is it eye clean; if so I would so get it! Best wishes.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Was just surfing and found this one very similar to the one at GOG, except the angles may be a little better, but it''s not H&A. I think you''re gonna be as happy and relieved when this is over as my hubby will be...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF is a hearts and arrow, cut above and expert selections are. just an fyi.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 10:03:40 PM
Was just surfing and found this one very similar to the one at GOG, except the angles may be a little better, but it's not H&A. I think you're gonna be as happy and relieved when this is over as my hubby will be...
Hi,

At this point, to compare these two is splitting hairs. They are both gorgeous diamonds.

But, I'll split them for you, just cuz it's fun.
9.gif

First, the pavillion angle is cut just a bit tighter (the tighter the better) on the GOG stone. It also faces up a hair bigger. Third, it's graded by AGS, so I'm assuming it's got the triple zero light performance grade, which helps assure it has great light return. I'm assuming because the grading report isn't showing.

But both have great IS images, which tell you how good the light return is. When you have this picture, you don't need to worry about the numbers anymore.
2.gif

And then of course prices.

So, there ya are. Honestly, there isn't anything else to split.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Come on Ellen, members of the OCD sisterhood can always find something to split hairs over...lol

Believe it or not: I have the one from GOG on its way...Just saying that makes my heart beat faster.

Anyway, I''ll let you know what I think as soon as it arrives...OOHHH I am so nervous...

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Oh, and by the way, it is AGS 0
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 5:47:06 PM
Come on Ellen, members of the OCD sisterhood can always find something to split hairs over...lol

Believe it or not: I have the one from GOG on its way...Just saying that makes my heart beat faster.

Anyway, I''ll let you know what I think as soon as it arrives...OOHHH I am so nervous...
LOL!!
9.gif
Normally yes, but you picked two killer stones there. Made it tough.
9.gif
2.gif

I am SOOOOO glad to hear it''s on its way! Woohooo!

I really, really think this is best. It will answer all your questions, one way or the other. There will be no doubts, and in the end you will have the stone that''s right for you.
2.gif

I''ll be waiting!

Gosh, I''m almost as excited as you.
9.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Aaaahhh, thanks Ellen. I''ll page you here as soon as it arrives. BTW: thanks so much!!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are very welcome!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to hear what you think! Please have your camera ready!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 9:12:13 PM
I will get my camera ready. But now, look what I found:

any thoughts...
4.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php?d=2301&shape=1&ctMin=1.80&ctMax=1.99&clarity=16&color=8&resultsColumns=268435471&singleResult=1

(Are you just gonna fall out on me, Ellen???)
6.gif

That must be just in, wasn''t there earlier....

It''s beautiful, but no more than yours in terms of the IS image. They''re both gorgeous.

Let''s see what you think of the one, and go from there.

One note, when you get it today, be sure to take it outside to determine the color. Almost all house lighting will give it a yellow tint (I freaked when I first got mine). It will also tend to take on the colors around it. i.e. Wall paint, wallpaper, etc. So outside light is a must for really seeing, or not seeing color.

Also, if you do a search on here for things like, scintillation, sparkles, fire, etc. you''ll get an idea of where to go on those field trips to see what it can really do.
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MBR,
Take pics if you can and show us; we are excited!
36.gif

Ellen,
if you see this go check out what I wrote to you on the WWT.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
m, where are you and that diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results