shape
carat
color
clarity

which of these two stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s easy. Assuming it''s eyeclean (need to ask), the SI1. It''s a hair bigger, and a grand less!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen! I sincerely appreciate your help. Do you know anything about the ISee2 diamonds?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome.

All I really know is, they are cut extremely well, on a consistant basis, and they are really beautiful. Also, their pricing for a branded diamond seems much more in line than some other brands I''ve seen.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
I hope you don''t mind all the questions, but here are a few more for ya(if you have time):

1. Do you like these dimensions (they are taken from the H, SI1 sarin report:
Total depth: 61.6
Table: 55.8
Crown Angle: 34.3
Pav Angle: 41.02 (little deep???)
Crown %: 15.1
Pav %: 43.4
Girdle: 3.0%
Length Girdle Facet: 76.5

Also, GOG reports that the SI1 is eyeclean, is there any reason to look for a VS2 in your opinion??

Plus: I have read that total depth should not exceed 61%: What do you think of this "rule"?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
proportions are fine, it''s not deep. 61 is made up.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, JulieN...which of the two listed above would you choose??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:38:51 PM
Author: mbr102865
I hope you don''t mind all the questions, but here are a few more for ya(if you have time):

1. Do you like these dimensions (they are taken from the H, SI1 sarin report:
Total depth: 61.6
Table: 55.8
Crown Angle: 34.3
Pav Angle: 41.02 (little deep???)
Crown %: 15.1
Pav %: 43.4
Girdle: 3.0%
Length Girdle Facet: 76.5

Also, GOG reports that the SI1 is eyeclean, is there any reason to look for a VS2 in your opinion??

Plus: I have read that total depth should not exceed 61%: What do you think of this ''rule''?
All these numbers are fine, really.

You can go past 61 easily.

The PA is deep, but not too deep, and the crown angle works with it.

If it''s eyeclean, there is absolutely no reason to bump the clarity up, that just means you''re paying for something you can''t see.
28.gif

The DiamXray picture tells you all you need to know, this is a beautiful stone!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, Ellen. I know I am being OCD, but would the better Pav Angle be any reason to purchase the other stone?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:54:47 PM
Thanks so much, Ellen. I know I am being OCD, but would the better Pav Angle be any reason to purchase the other stone?
Please, I wrote a chapter in the book of OCD.
9.gif
2.gif

In this case, no, the other one won''t be better. Both the Ideal Scope images (DiamXray) are gorgeous, and those are what tell you if it returns light well. These are just about identical.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Another interesting question I have: Both of these stones rec''d a 1.5 on the HCA, but got different catergories.

The H VS was 1.5 X, X, X, VG

While the H, SI1 was a 1.5 X, VG, VG, VG

What gives??

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
*LOL*. I am glad to hear about the chapter you wrote. I have been looking for a diamond since November, and I find something wrong with everyone I think about....It''s really driving me crazy!!

I''ve got to run, but I hope to catch up with you here another time.

This forum is GREAT, and I appreciate your time and comments.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 3:03:04 PM
Another interesting question I have: Both of these stones rec''d a 1.5 on the HCA, but got different catergories.

The H VS was 1.5 X, X, X, VG

While the H, SI1 was a 1.5 X, VG, VG, VG

What gives??
I''m not sure how it determines the different categories, but at this point, you don''t need the HCA. That is really for weeding out the less desirables, then one should go on to get more info on the stones they like (which you have). It can''t truly know how well a stone is cut, there''s a lot more to it than plugging those numbers in.

You have enough info here to make a decision.
2.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, Ellen. Now i only need the strength to make the decision.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand, it''s a big purchase, emotionally, and financially.

I would offer one suggestion. Please call them as soon as they open and have the 2 stones put on hold (in case the SI1 is not eyeclean). There are people who read here, and pick stones up after seeing them get good reviews. I would hate to see that happen, especially after you''ve been searching so long.
28.gif

As to the stone, my own view is, it''s a killer diamond. It''s also a great size, as you''re visually going to get the look of a 2 ct. without paying for it. And I know it''s cut well.

Good luck in your decision, and please let us know what you decide!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, Ellen. Thanks so much for all the "hand-holding". You''ve been as valuable a resource as any.

I put the 1.81 on reserve this morning. I''ll call later about putting the other on reserve.

Again, thanks for your help, and I''ll keep you posted as to the progress (or page you here when I feel like I''ve made a bad choice and can''t breath...lol...
19.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are most welcome, no problem.

Holler if you need anything else.
28.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, Ellen. I''m hollerin''! All weekend I''ve been thinking that maybe I should wait and get a G, VS2 just for peace of mind. Am I just being paranoid?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 5:02:56 PM
Hi, Ellen. I''m hollerin''! All weekend I''ve been thinking that maybe I should wait and get a G, VS2 just for peace of mind. Am I just being paranoid?
Yes. GOG has a 30 day return policy and beautiful stones. Save 1k and return it if for some reason it doesn''t meet your expectations. It will be stunning in person!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Let me ask you: do you think the pav angle is too deep?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both stones get the AGS0 cut grade, so you really don''t need to obsess over the numbers! Both diamonds will be gorgeous! I have a 1.63 H VS1 from GOG and it is very beautiful. I''d probably choose the first one because I really prefer VS clarity, but either of these stones is a very nice choice. They are a terrific size!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thought. I know what I''d do. I''d ask them to check both stones on the colorimeter and see if one is a higher H than the other. That would help me decide.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
OH, that''s a great idea. I will ask them to do that tomorrow.

THANKS!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 5:02:56 PM
Hi, Ellen. I'm hollerin'! All weekend I've been thinking that maybe I should wait and get a G, VS2 just for peace of mind. Am I just being paranoid?
Hi mbr,

I don't know!

I assume you're worried that the H may show too much color. Let me ask you, have you seen a very well cut H in real life? And actually, I don't know whether you are the guy or the girl.
9.gif
Who's going to be wearing this, and are they color sensitive?

ds made a good suggestion. I'll make another. Have them take a pic face up of the stone you're looking at, and a G of comperable size, side by side. Don't have them label them though, and see if you can tell the difference.

And about clarity, you said they said it was eyeclean. Are you both on the same page as to what that means? For instance, if you don't want anything seen, at any distance, at any angle, then tell them that. If you only care face up, then it sounds like you might already there. (not sure what was actually discussed pertaining to this)

HTH

p.s. They are closed on Monday!

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, Ellen!

I am the girl...should have given you more info in the first place, huh. My husband and I are upgrading my initial set.

I have seen what I would expect to be well cut H at Tiffany (but whose to say). I had initally decided to get a G, VS2, but I just don''t know if I should justify the extra expense or not.

They did say it was eyeclean, but I don''t know if that means face up or from all angles...that''ll be my next question for them...I know I will drive them crazy, but they are extremely patient!!

I just can''t decide if I should wait to get the G, VS2 and have everything I wanted or know that this is just as good.

Anyway, I know I am being silly, but as you know I been looking a long time, and truly we are in no rush...which is nice.

Hope your weekend has been nice, Ellen.

Thanks again.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade!

You''re not being silly.

If what you really wanted is a G VS2, I don''t know if you''ll be entirely happy with this one.

But if you''re wanting to save the extra expense, I would suggest just buying it, and spend some time with it. Like k said, you have 30 days to decide. That might be the best thing....

And whether you get it and decide you don''t want it, or just decide to wait for the G VS2, tell GOG what exactly you are looking for. They have several suppliers they can call.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s certainly nothing wrong with G VS2! But understand that you will be getting into a new higher price category looking at G stones in the 1.75-1.8 ct. category. As Ellen said, though, call them and they will search for whatever you want! On the other hand, my H stone from them scored a low G in color, so I was just lucky to get a G for the price of an H! I am sure that is rare, but it goes to show how close the colors can appear to the eye. I personally would prefer a high H or higher for a ring, but I did get H stones for my earrings without having the color checked and they face up very white.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
The stone is a dead on H. I was reading another thread, and like the girl who posted there, I have also heard that a lower color affects light performance. Then you hear that only cut affects light performance. There is a significant amount of confliciting info on this. Anyway, I''ll talk to GOG tomorrow and see what they suggest. You guys have been such a great help. I love the pricescope forum!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
An H will not effect light performance.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:26:24 PM
Author: bosoxbw
An H will not effect light performance.
ditto, the cut quality determines light performance. *Sometimes* when a stone is very lower clarity, like I1-I2 or has a large cloud, light performance might be impaired.

An H stone will be white and bright and absolutely fine. In fact, many people here love their J and K colored stones. If you want to see some and make yourself feel better about an H, check out the thread call "J stones in platinum" https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results