shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Moissy and custom work vendor please?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After a not very pleasant experience with one Etsy vendor based in India, I would like some recommendations with regard to Moissy vendors that can offer custom work please.

The pieces I have in mind are not complicated, just bezel set items such as tennis bracelet, solitaire ring, flower cluster ring and simple pendants.

Thanks in advance.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @dk168 have you contacted Jonathan from August Vintage? His work is beautiful and I do not think you would be disappointed with his moissanite.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @dk168 have you contacted Jonathan from August Vintage? His work is beautiful and I do not think you would be disappointed with his moissanite.

Good to have started this thread as I have completely forgotten about him!

Thanks for the reminder.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a look at his offerings, sadly, no heart shaped stones.

I'd like one about 4ct to recreate Liz Taylor's Maggie's pendant in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. I believe it is a heart, however it could also be a trillion.

However his OECs are gorgeous! :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know both starsgem and Tianyu take custom orders.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tianyu did a nice job on a custom design for me. not sure which vendors make nice heart shaped stones, that seems like a tricky shape to get right

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I would try Tianyu right now. Starsgem is very backed up on orders from factory closings. Tianyu is smaller and I feel they inspect the jewelry quite well before sending it out. They have done very good custom work for many of us over here. You can email Ella at [email protected]. If you order a bunch of items there is a discount of 3% over $500 or 5% over $1000. Just ask for the reddit discount. They also ship with DHL so you get it within 3-5 days and it can be tracked.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tianyugems made a heart for @MakingTheGrade for her dog Beau. It’s gorgeous..

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Does anybody have any insights on August Vintage vs. Harro moissanite? I know Caysie at CVB sources her stones from Harro and they seem to be a little less expensive. I was just wondering if there's a perceptible difference in quality. I'm particularly interested in a rectangular cushion with a long culet, if that makes a difference.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had an OEC from Harro, an OEC from Sin City and an Amora Gem H&A.

I hated the Harro, it had a very artificial plastic look to it. The OEC from SinCity was much better and she does do custom work I believe. By far though my favorite has been the Amora Gem but it's a different cut from the previous moissanite I've had, it would also mean you would have to source the stone and then find someone like David Klass to make a setting.

ETA: I have read a few threads on another board where folks spoke highly of the Amora or August Vintage, something to be aware of is the Amora has had a few iterations and I believe the Eternity is the most recent. I don't know if Amora ever did antique cuts though.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've gotten some crappy moissanites from India but the exception was Diamondrensu. He made me a beautiful .50 OEC set in sterling, very affordable. In low lighting, you go, OMG.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
I would ask this question on the sub reddit Moissanite board. Much more active. FTR, I am working on a ring with Tianyu.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Jon from Distinctive Gem (used to be August Vintage). Hands down you won't get any better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results