shape
carat
color
clarity

Which London Blue Topaz stone should I pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!

I ordered two 6mm London Blue Round Topaz stones to replace the Blue Topaz Oval stone that I have in my current RHR. They sent me 2 stones that are a little different in color. One is ligter than the other. Can you let me know which one would look better with the ring. The lighter one or the darker colored one.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Tweeanna,

Your ring is very nice! I thought I liked the darker stone better at first, but it looks a little dark in some of the pictures. I think I''d vote for the lighter stone, provided it doesn''t make the setting look washed out. Does that make sense?

By the way, you were looking for an independent appraiser in the southern NH area, correct? Did you find one that you could recommend?

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Hi Zoebartlett!

Thanks for the reponse! I do like the lighter one also...it seems to sparkle more than the darker one...but then the darker one's color seems deeper which I like also. Hard choice to pick...what to do...

As for appraiser...I did find one in MASS and he's......

Jeff Averbook of Metro Jewelry Appraiser in MASS

He's very good and very thorough! He was spot on with his appraisal of my stone. When I bought it, all I was told was that it's a 1.50ct H/S1 clarity RB....and that's what he said it was...1.50ct H/S1 clarity!!! And the plus side was that I didn't even know it had strong blue flourescence until he told me! Which I like, since my stone is an H, and the strong blue florescence made it looks so white face up! It doesn't look hazy or milky at all.

I really recommned him!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well this is difficult! I like them both, too! The lighter one seems more sparkly and better if you want the stones to be close in color, but the darker stone seems richer and would provide an interesting contrast with your ring.... which is lovely, by the way.

*M*

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the lighter one myself. It seems to have more sparkle and life than the other one.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I really like the dark one. It seems richer. But, if you want sparkly, then go with the lighter more sparkly one. It is always so hard to choose. I love rich, dark stones. But, they don''t always have the same sparkle as the lighter stones. Can you get both? Put one in a pendant, perhaps?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation Tweeanna! I''ll look into the appraiser you mentioned.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the richer color of the darker stone, but it is really hard to judge from pictures. I''ll bet either one will look beautiful in your ring!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I quite like your ring with the oval blue topaz in it, is there a reason you are changing to round? In the round I prefer the lighter color stone.

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the reponses!

I''m going to the jeweler tomorrow morning to have one of the topaz stone set into the ring. I think I''m going to go with the lighter one. It seems to sparkle more than the darker one after I played with it in different lightings. I do like the darker tone one due to it''s rich color, that''s why I was so indecisive, but I guess the sparkle aspect of the other stone finally won me over. I''m replacing the oval because the oval does not sparkle at all and looks very dull in real life. It only looks good in picture because of the flashes from the camera. Will post pictures of the reset ring when done!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look forward to seeing the ring with the new stone. Do you know if the oval in your ring already is a London Blue or is it Swiss Blue? I never know how to tell the difference between some of the blues.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love the darkness of the right stone, but the sparkle always gets me.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decidedly the left one!

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pyrimad! I don''t know the actual color of the oval topaz because when I originally bought it from my jeweler, he just said that it''s a blue topaz but didn''t say what kind of blue it was, and I didn''t think to ask. I did order the Swiss blue, but it was too light for me, so I exchanged it for the darker London Blue ones. If you want to see what the difference is, you can send me email and I can send you the website name where I bought my London Blue stones.
They have pictures of differnt kind of blue colored stones.

Here are the pictures of the reset ring. The last 3 are with my wedding band. I like the icy blue against the icy white of the diamonds.

small_IMGP2563.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results