shape
carat
color
clarity

which is the nicer diamond?

Kirbycario

Rough_Rock
diamond 1:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-7614493
cert (3).jpeg

diamond 2:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-7644334

i've currently ordered diamond 1 but still on the fence and can change. diamond 2 has a HCA score of 1.7, with ex fire and light return, and vg scintillation and spread. diamond 1 has HCA of 1.9, with excellent fire and vg for the rest. However an added benefit it seems is that diamond 1 is much closer to a H colour diamond compared to diamond 2.

What do you guys think, should i change? diamond 2 is approx $100 more than what I paid for diamond 1.

Kirbycario

Rough_Rock
GIA for diamond1:
cert (3).jpeg

GIA for diamond2:
cert (1).jpeg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely #2 0.74 I VVS1 is better in regards to light performance

Last edited:

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
What is the price differential?

They are both great choices, but I agree with you 100% - the 0.73 is a much better "I" relative to the 0.74 which is clearly way more yellow and should probably be "J" imo. The difference in HCA doesn't matter, I would pay no attention to it given they are both within acceptable ranges.

They will both be eye clean and VVS is way overkill at this size. Without knowing prices, I'd probably take Diamond 1 - I'm guessing you'll be saving quite a bit of money while also getting the better color.

Last edited:

Kirbycario

Rough_Rock
What is the price differential?

They are both great choices, but I agree with you 100% - the 0.73 is a much better "I" relative to the 0.74 which is clearly way more yellow and should probably be "J" imo. The difference in HCA doesn't matter, I would pay no attention to it given they are both within acceptable ranges.

They will both be eye clean and VVS is way overkill at this size. Without knowing prices, I'd probably take Diamond 1 - I'm guessing you'll be saving quite a bit of money while also getting the better color.

There approx $150USD difference between the two, the cheaper being diamond 1

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
There approx $150USD difference between the two, the cheaper being diamond 1

That's it? Wow I was expecting more of a delta. I'm guessing the weaker color on the VVS is already factored into the price. Perhaps the depth too.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for number two. It could just be camera angle, but the pavillion mains on diamond 1 never quite line up at the same time like they do on number 2.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it need to be one of these? The 36 crown without aset is a little risky, and #2 is deeper than we recommend.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Looks good to me... great find! That's exactly what you want to aim for on sites like JA/BN... ideal cuts without paying the premium for H&A/Astor which are ripoffs.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks good to me too !!

Kirbycario

Rough_Rock
So i finally got hold of some images of the diamond... - any cause for concern?

ARROWS
D-407 (3).jpg

HEARTS
D-407 (2).jpg

ASET
D-407.jpg

Attachments

• D-407 (1).jpg
    D-407 (1).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • D-407 (4).jpg
    D-407 (4).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 25

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
found an identical twin (in every possible way - dimensions, cut and even inclusion comments), and secured a nice price match! :lol:

https://www.withclarity.com/diamond/7333336910/0.75-Round-I-VS1-Excellent
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=7332422590

If all the details are exactly the same, which at a glance they appear to be, this is not a twin, it's the same stone! JA has stopped letting people see the report numbers because smart people like you check for the stone on other sites to find lower prices. So you bought from JA and they matched the price? I always check B2C Jewels as they have extremely low prices (usually the lowest).

The stone looks great! Much better choice than the first two!

Last edited:

Kirbycario

Rough_Rock
If all the details are exactly the same, which at a glance they appear to be, this is not a twin, it's the same stone! JA has stopped letting people see the report numbers because smart people like you check for the stone on other sites to find lower prices. So you bought from JA and they matched the price? I always check B2C Jewels as they have extremely low prices (usually the lowest).

The stone looks great! Much better choice than the first two!

That's reassuring to know :)
Yes they price matched, but it took some convincing as I had already paid and was stated in their policy that prices were final after paid:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results