shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is the better diamond for the price?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
impronto|1365878595|3426287 said:
http://www.bluenile.com/ca/diamond-search?track=NavDiaSea#diamonds_pid=LD03092866 for $6177

or

http://i.imgur.com/vK8J6yt.png for $6200

thanks everyone!

The angles on the 2nd one are better. The crown angle on the first is too high.

impronto

Rough_Rock
when I use the Holloway cut advisor tool on this website, the first diamond from blue nile scores better in several categories, where the second diamond only gets very goods and one excellent. Should I be worried about this? I actually thought the specs in the second diamond were a little looser. Any more opinions? Thanks again. Total diamond noob here :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I actually like them both. I know that you can't received IS images from BN but is it possible to receive one for the second stone? Can you order both and view them IRL side by side to determine which your eye prefers and return the other?

impronto

Rough_Rock
Christina...|1365951254|3426673 said:
I actually like them both. I know that you can't received IS images from BN but is it possible to receive one for the second stone? Can you order both and view them IRL side by side to determine which your eye prefers and return the other?

no unfortunately to both the IS and viewing them IRL without refund costs

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
The BN stone has more traditional proportions and meet the recommendations by most posters here. It should have a very nice balance of both white and colored light return. A G VS1 is a very nice high quality stone and is a nice value. Lacking the ability to see them side by side or more images I would purchase the BN stone.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think it's definitely worth getting an IS. JA True hearts usually include IS and images and a HA view, but this one doesn't. I suppose it's possible that it's newly acquired and they haven't had a chance to add the images yet. I'd ask. JA will provide IS and gemological evaluations of three stones for you for free, so I would add two more that catch your eye. I can take a look for you, but it will be a couple of hours before I'm able to. DH is impatiently waiting to watch a documentary with me. :wacko: I'm sure that others here will give you a hand in the meantime. I would put that one on hold right away though....you can add others as you go.

impronto

Rough_Rock

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that it's likely a very beautiful stone. =) Take a look with your own eyes, ultimately those are the best tool available! Congrats and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results