shape
carat
color
clarity

which is supposed to be more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

navyguy

Rough_Rock
ok so i''m having trouble finding the info i need from another website so i thought i''d try this forum and ask, which are you supposed to spend more on the engagement ring or the actual wedding ring? personally i''d say the wedding but my buddy disagrees.

Googleman

Rough_Rock
I think it is a personal preference. I am guessing that the majority of people end up spending more on the wedding than the ring. However, I think I would want it the other way around. For me a wedding reception is just one day, but you get to wear the ring for the rest of your life. There will be dissenting opinions on this view, of course. However, the bottom line is you just need to decide where your priorities lie and how you would be happiest allocating the money, and go from there!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The original poster said wedding RING vs e-ring..not wedding vs e-ring!
2.gif
hee Hee. I would hope you spend more on the wedding than the e-ring!! Unless you get married in Vegas that is!
2.gif

My two cents...you definitely spend more on the e-ring! The wedding band is normally just an add-on of some sort..whether it be an eternity band, a plain metal band, a wrap etc. For example, most people spend a few thousand or more on a e-ring (around $6k is typical for a well-cut 1c stone--I say 1c as that is the most typical size of stone sold for e-rings), but the wedding band may be a $200 white gold band, or a $500 platinum plain band, or a $2000 eternity ring, or a $2000 wrap with diamonds on it...etc. I definitely think the majority of people spend more $ on the e-ring, but if your budget right now does not allow for a pricey ring, that is totally your perogative to splurge more on the wedding band and get something small now. What the mass majority does is not necessarily what you need to do! Would suggest doing what you feel is right for both of you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results