shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is a better value?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sac75578

Rough_Rock
Which loose round diamond is a better value here?

1st one : 1.30, G, VVSI, Excellent Cut/Polish/Symmentry GIA CERTIFICATE #1

$14,360

2nd one: 1.31, F, VVSI, Excellent Cut/Polish/Symmentry GIA CERTIFICATE #2

$19,195

Thanks.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Those prices seem reasonable as you are looking at high color AND high clarity. Many would agree a G and F are so close it''s hard to tell the color difference once set but the price jump is significant. Only you can decide if the F is worth $5K more.

Any chance you can get photos of these stones?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, maybe my post was misleading - the prices do seem in the right ball park, I was just meaning for that money I would get a bigger stone.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
As honey22 said, much too expensive. You probably cannot tell the difference in color and clarity grade unless you are a professional diamond dealer. :razz:

Go lower in especially clarity grade and you could get a much bigger stone. But if you want to compare the 2, I would go for the 1.3G VVS1 stone, no competition, unless I see something different in the IS/ASET pics if those are available.

sac75578

Rough_Rock
do you think the 1.30 one is worth $14,360?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Value" is often a subjective term and includes not only what is a good price, but also what someone wants. To see if the prices are competitive do a search under the prices tab for stones that have a similar carat weight/color/clarity.

To me personally I probably wouldn''t buy either of these stones. For my money I would want to go larger or save quite a bit of money. H/SI is a pretty safe color/clarity range for a white and clean diamond...really! You can easily drop to the G/VS2 range and be super safe.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 4:02:14 PM
Author: kcoursolle
''Value'' is often a subjective term and includes not only what is a good price, but also what someone wants. To see if the prices are competitive do a search under the prices tab for stones that have a similar carat weight/color/clarity.

To me personally I probably wouldn''t buy either of these stones. For my money I would want to go larger or save quite a bit of money. H/SI is a pretty safe color/clarity range for a white and clean diamond...really! You can easily drop to the G/VS2 range and be super safe.
Agree!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results