shape
carat
color
clarity

Which HPD diamond would you choose? Same size, same clarity, different color

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Layla used to be a “power” contributor here on PS before she went to work for HPD. I would trust her eye and her judgment, she doesn’t need to make a sale. You might need to know what questions to ask her, though.

Like, do the additional clouds not shown on the H have any effect on the transparency of the stone? Obv not the clarity, or the clarity would be lower. But ‘transparency’ is different from clarity. I don’t know why, but that’s what I’d ask. And... if she said ‘no’ to that question, then I’d pick the H. Only cuz I can’t tell that much of a color difference until about J-K, so, there’s extra 2K for the next thing :)

But ... if you really want a bigger non-branded stone, why spend time nitpicking between the two CBIs at all?

If David could send his pick to Layla (you might have to ”buy” it first? She could (if she were willing do do this (since she already knows you‘re shopping around)) do a video of the two CBIs against the David stone so you could virtually view them all at the same time, and against each other in the same environment.

Thanks. I will ask Layla that question. I told her I was asking for opinions on PS. I don’t think she actually has the stones because they are being shipped to her (I think they are in Antwerp?).

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I have the video from Wink. Would someone please tell me how to upload it here. Thanks!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If he sent the video as a YouTube link, I believe you can just post a link to the YouTube video.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Is HPD still open? I saw this post from admin the other day and I wasn’t sure what it meant..

“Due to legal disputes surrounding High Performance Diamonds, Inc., they have been removed from PriceScope’s featured sponsor list.

This temporary situation is unrelated to the quality of their past products and/or service, but is being made in an abundance of caution to protect the PriceScope community.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the vendor directly.”

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is HPD still open? I saw this post from admin the other day and I wasn’t sure what it meant..

“Due to legal disputes surrounding High Performance Diamonds, Inc., they have been removed from PriceScope’s featured sponsor list.

This temporary situation is unrelated to the quality of their past products and/or service, but is being made in an abundance of caution to protect the PriceScope community.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the vendor directly.”

Yes, they are still open and churning out gorgeous bling.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I finally was able to upload the video. Please let me know which one you would buy.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Price difference is approx $1800, G is more expensive

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do your eyes see when comparing the two?
Do you see a difference in color or brightness? Are you color sensitive? Your previous stone was a 1.8ct. F. The 2.05ct. Is not that much bigger. Upgrading diamond size is the basis for the new setting DK is making you and you are coming from a previous halo. I think you will be very happy if you choose the 2.12 H.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
What do your eyes see when comparing the two?
Do you see a difference in color or brightness? Are you color sensitive? Your previous stone was a 1.8ct. F. The 2.05ct. Is not that much bigger. Upgrading diamond size is the basis for the new setting DK is making you and you are coming from a previous halo. I think you will be very happy if you choose the 2.12 H.

I don't see a difference in color or brightness, so I guess I am not color sensitive. Thanks for remembering my previous stone and taking that into account. Appreciate your help!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I finally was able to upload the video. Please let me know which one you would buy.

I almost got the 2.12 H, VS1 you are considering. But then, they received straight from Antwerp the 2.13 H, VS2 (high VS2, no inclusions on the table - which is very important to me for mind-clean reasons) so I got that one instead (to cut the cost a bit) but I was ready to pull a trigger on the 2.12 so my suggestion is to get that one. The stones Wink showed you are much larger in the video than they are in real life AND once set, it is highly doubtful you will see any color difference.

Furthermore, I am rather particular when it comes to my diamonds (clarity, cut) and I would not have picked the 2.12 if I did not like it.

Last edited:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I almost got the 2.12 H, VS1 you are considering. But then, they received straight from Antwerp the 2.13 H, VS2 (high VS2, no inclusions on the table - which is very important to me for mind-clean reasons) so I got that one instead (to cut the cost a bit) but I was ready to pull the trigger on the 2.12 so my suggestion is to get that one. The stones Wink showed you are much larger in the video than they are in real life AND once set, it is highly doubtful you will see any color difference.

Furthermore, I am rather particular when it comes to my diamonds (clarity, cut) and I would not have picked the 2.12 if I did not like it.

Thanks. I just looked at your pics. That is really pretty!

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
both are top of the line premier premium agsl 000 super ideal, they are going to be the most sparkiest of all the round brilliants. if i were to select for myself, i would go for the g color

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I would take H bc it’s bigger and quite frankly I could not see a difference in color at all, but if you still can’t decide maybe you need/want the G...?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
G is my favorite color in diamonds but I can’t see a difference in those two stones and even Wink said that from the top, they look the same. I think I’d go with the H to get the extra size here.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I personally cannot detect a discernible difference in colour between the two stones in the video. Would you regret getting one over the other? If it were me deciding between the G or H, I would go with the larger stone. i would even see if they had a larger stone in an I, but that maybe more tinted than you like, or can tolerate. Just saying....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't judge color from a video, as you can now tell. You can only judge it by seeing the stones in your hands in various lighting environments. Both stones are beautiful. I'd rather have G over H in an ideal round.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d get bigger. There is no right or wrong answer

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
The bigger one seeing as you’re upgrading from your previous stone because you wanted bigger.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I DID IT. I selected the H. If I don’t like it, I can exchange it for the G. But, as of now, I own the H. I also bought 2 side stones. Here are 0CB5F8EE-00C9-47AC-8AEF-A9FCB543B7A5.png my new friends.

They look lovely!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on making the selection OP, beautiful diamond! Is this the ring style you are going after? 43B2EA05-5C04-4DF5-B7CF-EFF0398F1CA0.jpeg

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on making the selection OP, beautiful diamond! Is this the ring style you are going after? 43B2EA05-5C04-4DF5-B7CF-EFF0398F1CA0.jpeg

Yes, but I’m thinking pave on the sides too. Do you have more pics of that ring and/or where is that from? That is so pretty!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woot! It’s gorgeous!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but I’m thinking pave on the sides too. Do you have more pics of that ring and/or where is that from? That is so pretty!

One pic only off google images. The original site doesn’t have additional pics either. I have a three stone as well, although with round side stone and my personal vote would be to leave the shank plain and get a blingy band instead. This is not an exact comparison because of the halo, but you can see how lost the side stones become once you add pavè. Of course you will wear your ring and so the end decision is yours.
6D35037C-0911-47C9-ABD4-618016ABE049.jpeg

Another one with a radiant center stone. When you add pavè and already have a combination of diamond shapes, imo the eye doesn’t know where to look. Again, that’s my view, but I love the first example with a plan shank. Very unique and pretty 3-stone combination.

A5D4AD58-9D08-4027-9758-60752CA6FF28.jpeg

Attachments

• 6CA45A18-985B-4BC6-8268-A9925864B7A3.jpeg
    6CA45A18-985B-4BC6-8268-A9925864B7A3.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 101

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
One pic only off google images. The original site doesn’t have additional pics either. I have a three stone as well, although with round side stone and my personal vote would be to leave the shank plain and get a blingy band instead. This is not an exact comparison because of the halo, but you can see how lost the side stones become once you add pavè. Of course you will wear your ring and so the end decision is yours.
6D35037C-0911-47C9-ABD4-618016ABE049.jpeg

Another one with a radiant center stone. When you add pavè and already have a combination of diamond shapes, imo the eye doesn’t know where to look. Again, that’s my view, but I love the first example with a plan shank. Very unique and pretty 3-stone combination.

A5D4AD58-9D08-4027-9758-60752CA6FF28.jpeg

Those are really great thoughts, thank you. I‘m going to spend some time looking at more images as maybe a blingy band would be enough

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! I think you will LOVE it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results