shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Hawaiian Island/beach to propose at? Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

house_64

Rough_Rock
I''m planning a vacation to Hawaii sometime in the next few months and since I''ve never been there I would like some suggestions on which Island and more specifically, which beach would be a nice place to confess my surrender. And, any suggestions on which hotel/resort would be a nice place to stay at, probably a 4 or 5 night stay. Proposal ideas would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard the island of Lanai is lovely and very romantic..it is not a place with a lot of activities, but I have heard it is secluded and nice. I have been to the 4 Seasons in Wailea (Maui) and to the Mana Lani on the big Island...I have also heard the 4 Seasons on the big island is nice, and on Maui, the Hana Ranch is nice, I am not sure if you are on a beach or on a mountain, but years ago it was a lovely popular spot, the road there was crazy and windy but not sure if that has changed...Hawaii has so many gorgeous spots, volcanos, waterfalls, etc...so I am sure there will be lovely places every where you turn...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tunnels beach. It is on the north beach of Kauai and there is Bai Hai and it is beautiful. The Princeville and Hanali Bay Resort is on the North beach

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Kauai

rent a helicopter and have them set you down by the waterfall that was on the opening shot that TV show (forgot name right now)

we did the helicopter thing 2 yrs. ago. Just a tour of the island and the pilot was telling us some heicopter comp.''s do the waterfall thing, his didn''t.

My favorite beach on Kauia is Kee Beach. End of the road, then the cliffs begin. You can hike up to a view point and maybe propose there.

Bali Hai for sure.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to Oahu three times in the last 2 years and absolutely love it. There is a lot to do and see. We stay at the Royal Hawaiian, which is an amazing hotel and piece of history. North Shore is beautiful as is Kai''Lua Bay (I have the spelling all wrong). ANd if you''re active Diamond Head is an amazing hike and a perfect proposal spot, once you''ve caught your breath!

We''re headed to Maui this May for a different Hawaiian experience, it is supposed to be much calmer there. If you''re a golfing/relaxing sort of couple this is supposed to be an amazing place. In the past few years Maui has really picked up in regards to night life/etc.

Good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantasy Island is the scene with the waterfalls. Helicoptor ride would be beautiful. I have been to all the islands except Lanai and Molokai. I think Kauai is the most beautiful and tropical. Please let us know which one you choose.

All the island''s are beautiful in their own way.

house_64

Rough_Rock
Thanks Skippy.... and eveyone for your suggestions. My concern with Kauai, after doing some light reading....... it''s considered the "wettest spot on Earth". Chances of rain is pretty good...... Secondly, I think I might have to use a sedative to get her to set foot in a helicopter... which might not result in the "correct" reply when I ask. I''ll do my research on the locations, islands, etc. and probably book something in Feb., need to do my diamond homework too! Any other suggestions...... perhaps on Maui?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wailea is the dry side of Maui. There is a 4 Seasons and a couple of other hotels, I think the Grand Wailea and Kea Lani. The last time I was there the Kea Lani was the last hotel on the row, now I am not sure what else is there. Hawaii tends to get some rain during the day that is light and moves through quickly, but Wailea is definitely drier overall.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maui is beautiful too. I am going the end of May and staying in Kaanapali!

Okay, THIS should help you!!! It is wonderful and you can find a beautiful place to get engaged! Best wishes
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/
This will allow you to explore the islands via webcams

house_64

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the added info. I''ve booked my flight! Yippee!

I''m headed to Maui the 19th of Feb. thru the 26th! And we''re staying north of Kaanapali.......... I''ll do some more homework!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
On Maui, there are many beautiful spots (waterfalls, black/red sand beaches, etc.) along the famous "road to Hana"--although it can be rainy (especially in the winter). There are many guides online if you google for it. Try http://gohawaii.about.com/cs/photogalleries/a/hana_highway.htm to start!

You could take this drive, propose along the way, and stay in a cozy, romantic hotel once you make it to Hana!

mrchips

Rough_Rock
yes I''d stick with Maui. its the romantic island with lots of beautiful flowers and what not.

try and take a leisure trip to the North Shore to see some waves and surfing.

cheers

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 6:09:27 PM
Author: house_64
Thanks again for the added info. I''ve booked my flight! Yippee!

I''m headed to Maui the 19th of Feb. thru the 26th! And we''re staying north of Kaanapali.......... I''ll do some more homework!

February is still somewhat in the "rainy" season for the islands, but since you''re staying leeward side, you should expect mostly sunny skies.

Kaanapali is a lovely beach, though most of the beaches in between there and Napili bay are a little rocky... you''ll have a great time here... lots to do! Snorkeling, sunset cruise, whale watching, excellent restaurants, hiking, horseback or ATV riding, Tedeschi winery, Sunrise (or sunset!) at Haleakala National Park (it''s 2miles up and it gets COLD)...take the ferry to neighbor islands Molokai or Lanai... dolphins sometimes swim along... fun fun fun!

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
There have been a lot of great suggestions.... Tunnels beach is great.

For something a little out of the ordinary, there is a green sand beach which is really out of the way on the big island, then there is also lots of black sand beaches on the big island too which are tucked away and really secluded.

A proposal in Hawaii is a great idea though! I have had two of the best meals of my entire life in Hawaii, if you''re looking for a restaurant to celebrate.

On Kauii there is the Kiluea Lighthouse Bistro (misspelled Kiluea), and on Oahu the best meal I''ve ever had in my entire life was at "3660 on the rise" ---- amazing food!

But please don''t put the ring into the creme brulee! j.k
36.gif

MattG

Rough_Rock
House64: Any updates to this?

I am going to be proposing to my girlfriend while in Maui in early May and am looking for ideas/locations.

bfready

Rough_Rock
I haven't been to Hawaii in years, but I know there's few bad places to propose. I personally think Waikiki would be a bad place. If you're looking for a beach, head up to one of the north shore beaches.

junyah88

Rough_Rock
well i live on the island of oahu and i must say that there''s a lot of places to propose on this rock...you got spinning caves (nice secluded cliff overlooking the ocean below...you can just hang out on the rocks and gaze up towards the heavens...there is absolutely no light around this place so you need to be sure to bring flashlights)....there''s also this one secluded beach by germaine''s luau in campbell industrial....there''s also the lighthouse by diamond head (well if you can get in there)....diamond head trail is another popular spot (well if you dont mind being all sweaty because the hike is a kind of a journey)...you also got the beaches on the north shore....but my choice would be to propose at one of the waterfalls in manoa..nice, secluded, the scenery is absolutely spectacular....

as for the helicopter trip, not my thing...its kind of overrated and overused...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Four Seasons on the Big Island has an isolated strip of lava flow overlooking the ocean. The sunset is lovely from there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results