color
clarity

Which everyday necklace?

Which necklace?

• Tiffany Victoria size mini

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Cartier Sweet Trinity 1 necklace

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Something else - please make suggestions in the thread!

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for an 18ct RG necklace which I can wear most days. It needs to look nice with a plain t-shirt & jeans, as well as shirt & trousers for work or on date night with DH. It needs to be timeless- I'm 30 now but I want to be able to wear it 5, 10, 15 years down the line. I prefer dainty jewellery.

I'm already making a custom upgrade engagement ring so I don't think I want to do custom here as well. Max. budget of about £1850.

So far I've been to Cartier & Tiffany & I like these two.

Tiffany Victoria size mini. My head says this is a winner - goes with everything, classic (though out of the whole line the mini earrings stole my heart).
IMG_1377.PNG
IMG_1378.PNG

Cartier Trinity Sweet with 1 diamond. My heart says this is the one. Really beautiful in person but worried it's too dressy. Is it too old for me?
IMG_1379.PNG
IMG_1380.PNG

What do you think of these? Do you have any other suggestions?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If those 2 are the only options , I would pick the second!
The first is pretty but the second I think is a timeless piece that would go with almost anything.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
If those 2 are the only options , I would pick the second!
The first is pretty but the second I think is a timeless piece that would go with almost anything.

I'm definitely open to other suggestions!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for an 18ct RG necklace which I can wear most days. It needs to look nice with a plain t-shirt & jeans, as well as shirt & trousers for work or on date night with DH. It needs to be timeless- I'm 30 now but I want to be able to wear it 5, 10, 15 years down the line. I prefer dainty jewellery.

I'm already making a custom upgrade engagement ring so I don't think I want to do custom here as well. Max. budget of about £1850.

So far I've been to Cartier & Tiffany & I like these two.

Tiffany Victoria size mini. My head says this is a winner - goes with everything, classic (though out of the whole line the mini earrings stole my heart).
IMG_1377.PNG
IMG_1378.PNG

Cartier Trinity Sweet with 1 diamond. My heart says this is the one. Really beautiful in person but worried it's too dressy. Is it too old for me?
IMG_1379.PNG
IMG_1380.PNG

What do you think of these? Do you have any other suggestions?
Out of the three I’d go with the Cartier. But my personal favorite is the Tiffany single station DBTY.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all beautiful..I first one is very sweet but feel a single diamond prong pendant from Tiffany or another vendor will be timeless..It seems to be more for a young person which you are now but if you want to keep it as you grow older you may feel differently later. I love small single diamond pendants. I own a .75 from Tiffany and I wear it every day. I love it and is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry but I would not buy it from Tiffany again. I would come here and purchase it through some of the recommended vendors.....because I know it would have been much less expensive and it would have sparkled just as much. You said you loved the second one..It’s very pretty and is a timeless piece..It doesn’t look too mature for you.I feel if it speaks to you then you should get it. I LOVE the VCA pendant too..so you picked lovely things..Big decision!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for the Cartier, looks lovely, will be timeless but most importantly its the one your heart loves. I have learned through experience that the times I have made jewellery decisions with my head and ignored my heart I have later ended up wishing I went with the alternative.

I also think the Tiffany pendant disappears a bit because it is do dainty. But it doesn't matter what I think - get what you love =)2

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I love the first one. The Cartier one does look older to me- but if it makes your heart happy, that’s all that matters!

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Oh it's so tough. I went in expecting to love the Cartier Love necklace (with two interlocking rings) & because I didn't I'm kinda lost.

Then the SA in Tiffany was awful. I asked him about the sparkle in the Victoria & he said "diamonds don't sparkle in sunlight only shop lights". Now I know next to nothing about diamonds but I know enough to see he's an idiot. He couldn't answer my basic questions & I left frustrated.

This is supposed to be a fun search but it's just been crap today.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. I don’t love that Cartier necklace and I adore Cartier. It feels a bit dated to me and not classic for some reason. Can’t pinpoint why. I like the Victoria more. I think it’s a beautiful delicate piece. Was there nothing else at Tiffany that caught your eye? Have you been to VCA? Loving single motif pendants and the frivole single pendants too. Their aren’t many necklaces I like at Cartier. There is one LOVE necklace with a double chain and two tiny diamonds. One on the love and one on the chain. That necklace looks like nothing in the case but when it’s worn is so beautiful to me. Love it. You may want to try that since you were trying the interlocking rings and we’re open to the love line.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about the MOP orchid at Cartier? I found it very delicate and pretty and distinctive. If I didn’t have so many VCA pendants I would have gotten this. Or in all diamonds.
71B445D1-7202-468A-A583-387223DB8FD9.jpeg 39ECDDD1-1781-40D1-B021-60CEF51C2C85.jpeg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if they have a store in your area, but what about this?
https://www.faberge.com/jewellery/pendants/rococo-white-enamel-rose-gold-small-pendant-1464
0016814_200.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Always follow your heart.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm. I don’t love that Cartier necklace and I adore Cartier. It feels a bit dated to me and not classic for some reason. Can’t pinpoint why. I like the Victoria more. I think it’s a beautiful delicate piece. Was there nothing else at Tiffany that caught your eye? Have you been to VCA? Loving single motif pendants and the frivole single pendants too. Their aren’t many necklaces I like at Cartier. There is one LOVE necklace with a double chain and two tiny diamonds. One on the love and one on the chain. That necklace looks like nothing in the case but when it’s worn is so beautiful to me. Love it. You may want to try that since you were trying the interlocking rings and we’re open to the love line.

When I've seen that one in person I thought it was quite large but I'll have another look at it. For some reason something is holding me back on the Cartier one I love.

That's very pretty, I like that. There is a store in London (annoying since I was there yesterday) but I'll put it on my list to check out. I think I may have to venture out of my comfort zone of Tiffany & Cartier

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider getting a solitaire diamond but perhaps from one of the super-ideal diamond vendors?

Not sure how much more classic you could get...

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would you consider getting a solitaire diamond but perhaps from one of the super-ideal diamond vendors?

+1!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The Tiffany. This is timeless, and can be your personal statement piece.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider something like this diamond set in a four prong solitaire necklace setting. It has enough presence to be elegant but understated enough for every day wear. You have the wonderful Whiteflash upgrade option so that you could trade it in for something larger at any point in time. The others would be a one time purchase and if you wanted to change it, you'd have to sell and start over. Just a thought but I love a single stone pendant!

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3952946.htm?source=pricescope

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love the Tiffany Victoria. Or the DBTY. The Cartier Orchids are also gorgeous. Not the biggest fan of the Cartier gold loop necklace, but that is just me.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them all, but I would go with small and not mini. I think for over 40s, the mini's and sweet's look really tiny. I'd wait until I could get one with slightly more presence. Even the vintage size clover looks small to me now as a pendant. I'd really only recommend sweet size pendant or earrings for teens or young 20s. Just my personal opinion, of course!

I do love the Victoria, but I agree with others that a round bezel pendant is the most timeless whether Tiffany or Whiteflash, etc.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I like the VCA but not sure if I would tire of the clover shape. Also not sure I like the sort of hammered look of the gold.

I got such shocking customer service at Tiffany that it put me off the DBTY. However, I called the main customer services line today & was much happier.

Providing T&Co can add a basket at the back of the setting (the poke was actually quite painful & I don't have sensitive skin usually), then I think I will go with the biggest DBTY I can afford. I think I tried on 0.29ct in the store which I think was nice, but I had to get it off quickly because it felt too scratchy. I have a tiny SS version so I know it'll go with everything & I can't see it dating.

Not buying it until Christmas I expect so I'll set aside £2k for it. Yes I could buy loose then get a setting made (I know that's the sensible option) but my life is pretty hectic at the moment & one custom project at a time is enough!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the VCA but not sure if I would tire of the clover shape. Also not sure I like the sort of hammered look of the gold.

I got such shocking customer service at Tiffany that it put me off the DBTY. However, I called the main customer services line today & was much happier.

Providing T&Co can add a basket at the back of the setting (the poke was actually quite painful & I don't have sensitive skin usually), then I think I will go with the biggest DBTY I can afford. I think I tried on 0.29ct in the store which I think was nice, but I had to get it off quickly because it felt too scratchy. I have a tiny SS version so I know it'll go with everything & I can't see it dating.

Not buying it until Christmas I expect so I'll set aside £2k for it. Yes I could buy loose then get a setting made (I know that's the sensible option) but my life is pretty hectic at the moment & one custom project at a time is enough!
glad you are getting better experience! Just a point on the size, my personal favorite is the .12 carat which i don’t feel the poke. I am 35, I have a bezel set pear that’s just over 1 carat which I feel too big for everyday wear, especially now that I am really into earrings. It just looks too much with my earrings. Obviously very personal, but I guess I just wanted to point out about earrings do affect the look...

Also, the weight of larger pendants makes the necklace drape more, I particularly love that floating look of a smaller DBTY (which hovers just around the collar bone), makes layering pretty too I think.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
glad you are getting better experience! Just a point on the size, my personal favorite is the .12 carat which i don’t feel the poke. I am 35, I have a bezel set pear that’s just over 1 carat which I feel too big for everyday wear, especially now that I am really into earrings. It just looks too much with my earrings. Obviously very personal, but I guess I just wanted to point out about earrings do affect the look...

Also, the weight of larger pendants makes the necklace drape more, I particularly love that floating look of a smaller DBTY (which hovers just around the collar bone), makes layering pretty too I think.

You make a very good point. That means I need another visit to a store... I tried on a 0.23ct which was lovely too. Also you're right about how a larger diamond will make the chain "drop" more.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi Happytobemrsg,
my vote goes to a simple solitaire pendant; you could use the 0.3 ct diamond of your original engagement ring...but I'm biased because...
...this is mine: 0.30 ct, F color, VVS clarity in a six prongs setting.
248211-07077e9b72cce64d8e8e0d68adaa97df.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with your gut, or rather, heart. You will love it every time you spot it in the mirror.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results