shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Etsy Seller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I want to make the following setting for the light green tourmaline I got from Barry. Any suggestions on who I should use from Etsy?

CustomSwanRing.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pal at pmgart is a great choice or Sally at heartofwaterjewels. Sally is expensive in white gold and I know Pal doesn't care for white gold much either. But he would do any other metal as would Sally. Pal is doing my new ring for me - I'll post photos as he moves along on it. If you connect with Pal, let him know I sent you! I'd love for him to get some PS business.

A designer can't copy the design exactly, but they can make slight modifications. I'd connect the little hooks to the shank in order to keep them from snagging on things.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I don''t think sally''s white gold prices are too bad. My 14k white gold lotus setting was 170$, which isn''t exorbant.

I''ve been working with Kyleanne metals lately and she''s been great, and has very good prices for white gold as well. Don''t know if she''d be up to the challenge, but you could ask.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
TBH, the style of the ring reminds me of Sally''s style.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a link to Sally's store on etsy?

That's a really pretty style Charmy!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Packrat. I did not know she could do custom setting designs.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
You betcha TL! I didn''t know she did custom stuff either until here recently!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what is going on with PS lately. It keeps giving me errors and eating my posts.

Anyways, Sally can definetly make this setting - she showed me something close that she made. Problem is that she quoted me in the high 300s for WG which is more than what I want to spend for this. Sudlow quoted me in the low 100s for silver. Lan.Bo4 quoted me in the high 100s for white gold. I know I had a bad experience with his last setting but he seems really accomdating and willing to work with me. I just don't feel comfortable sending my BB stone to him .. it is a huge risk and I will be so sad if I lost this stone too. He did give me his home address to make sure he gets it.

I am also pretty determined to take a jewellery making course. Maybe I can make it myself .. and then cry when my stone falls out. LOL. Too bad I haven't found a weekend course yet. I travel a lot for work and can't commit to the weekdays.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Charmy,
I know what you mean about PS - I have been getting server errors and all
sorts all day!
29.gif

anyway, back to your ring - I really like the design and think it is unique and fun.
I would not trust this to lanbo4 or another chinese Ebay seller.
I can dig up some other etsy suggestions if you would like? Sometimes it can be difficult
to gauge their skill level, but you can always ask right ?
5.gif

How about if you had Sally make it in sterling or YG with a rhodium finish?
I wouldn''t normally consider this concept, but check out this lotus from Sally for a recent custom order,
which she listed as 18K YG finished with rhodium - pretty huh?! I was really impressed with these pics

30.gif

ETA: I''m sorry charmy, PS won''t let me attach any photos atm.
14.gif

I will try again for you soon ok?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yay success!

seriously, I wonder what wrong with PS today?!

I will try the other..

rhodiumed sally setting1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
crossed fingers this will work..

yay! Looks just like white gold, no?

rhodium lotus.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that Pal will make it for you in white gold if that is your desire. His price should be good.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve just had the most wonderful experience working with Sally and I''m commissioning a second, different, piece as we speak! Yes, she is pricer than others but sometimes you get what you pay for. I''m a fussy mare and Sally delivered on all aspects, quality, customer responsiveness, the ability to interpret a design, not injecting too much of her own thoughts if you are specific, timeliness - need I say more!? I''ve just had an OMC set into a ring I designed and Sally brought to life - there are two links in the SMTR forum if you''re interested.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, what''s the new Sally project LD?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting you''ve picked. What about Stuller or Adwar do they have anything that will work for you? Or does the stone size require a custom setting? I''m just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results