shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icyhot

Rough_Rock

I’ve narrowed my search down to two diamonds and I can’t seem to figure out why one is more expensive than the other. The only thing I figure is, the less expensive diamond must have more inclusions or inclusions in places that aren’t ideal. Both vendors have told me the inclusions are eye clean and each diamond has a crystal in the table. Unfortunately, I cannot attach the certs of each because the files are too large. With the information provided, please let me know what you think and how I should proceed. Below I have included the figures on each:

Diamond 1 Diamond 2
Price: $4900 Price: $5475
Shape: Round Round
Cert: GIA GIA
Carat: 1.03 1.03
Cut: Excellent Excellent
Color: G G
Clarity: SI1 SI1
Depth: 60.9% 60.9%
Table: 57% 57%
Polish: VG VG
Symmetry: VG VG
Girdle: Thin-medium Thin-medium
Cutlet: No No
Fluorescence: No No
Measure: 6.54 x 6.50 x 3.97mm 6.47 x 6.52 x 3.95 mm
HCA: 0.8 0.5

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please include the crown and pavilon angle and % too?

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
If you gave all the angles one of the experts here may be able to tell you if there is any visual difference. If it were me I would of course grab the cheaper of the two with both having great HCA scores.

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 12:59:45 PM
Author: Chrono
Can you please include the crown and pavilon angle and % too?
Sure Chrono...here are the crown and pavillion angles and percentages I ran through the Holloway Cut Advisor.

Diamond 1
Crown angle = 35 degrees
Crown % = 15.0%
Pavillion angle = 40.6 degrees
Pavillion % = 42.5%

Diamond 2
Crown angle = 34.5 degrees
Crown % = 15.0%
Pavillion angle = 40.5 degrees
Pavillion % = 42.5%

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to ask: any Idealscope pictures too? Their numbers and stats are so close that it''s like splitting hairs.
23.gif

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 1:07:56 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask: any Idealscope pictures too? Their numbers and stats are so close that it''s like splitting hairs.
23.gif
No Idealscope images. I definitely should request some though huh? Should I ask for images of the diamond as well, like James Allan''s website offers?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2007 1:09:26 PM
Author: icyhot

Date: 4/5/2007 1:07:56 PM
23.gif
No Idealscope images. I definitely should request some though huh? Should I ask for images of the diamond as well, like James Allan''s website offers?
Absolutely. The magnified pictures will help with the decision as to whether the vendor''s definition of eyeclean jives with yours. Also an IScope picture can make the decision to choose between the 2 a whole lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results