shape
carat
color
clarity

Which cushion/sidestone combo?

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am very close to pulling the trigger on an upgrade ring. I am considering two 2.7 carat cushions, both X-style, non-crushed ice. The one on the right in these photos is slightly more elongated (1.13), which I'm drawn to, but because of that, the ASET showed a bit a of leakage. Not a ton, but some. The stone on the left has a 1.09 ratio and almost no leakage.

The next dilemma is the side stones. I want really small ones, not to compete with the center. I thought I'd prefer the half moons, but the contrast of the traps really makes that center stand out. I'm leaning that way but interested to hear others' opinions--as well as to see anything similar? It's not a super-common combo. I am planning a pave basket and shank, thin band.

2018-01-22_15-38-53_571.jpeg 2018-01-22_16-20-29_366.jpeg 2018-01-22_16-17-15_718.jpeg 2018-01-22_16-18-45_626.jpeg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the way the step cut traps makes the center stone more elongated, the half moons just aren't doing it for me...maybe if the half moons were longer as opposed to wider they would look better but personally I would either look for a different pair of half moons or go with the trapezoids

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The half moons arent doing it for me either. Like the traps. Both cushions look nice (from what I can tell). How much leakage? They do then to have leakage around the
edge of the table but if its minimal then it would be ok with me. Do you have any aset images to post so we can see the leakage. There are almost
always trade-offs with fancy cuts.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't have the ASET images, unfortunately. I looked at it in real time.

I know, the half-moons kind of look like ears, right?? I was going to look at a smaller set, but now I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have the ASET images, unfortunately. I looked at it in real time.

I know, the half-moons kind of look like ears, right?? I was going to look at a smaller set, but now I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble.

It took me a FULL month to find the exact pair of side stones I wanted...I think I was shown like 8-10 different pairs so keep looking if you want, just hold the traps and look for another pair of half moons. No harm in it lol

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the visual differentiation the traps provide :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Traps for me too, I like the contrast

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yikes sorry I guess I’m the only one that prefers the half moons. My eye went right to them as I’m a matchy matchy person and I love how the curves follow along the same lines as the center cushion cut. Plus I think the sparkle will be greater than in the step cuts. And with the added pave in the setting I like the flow. But that’s just me. I had a ring with baguettes on either side of a rb and I allways found them to flat. Either choice will be spectacular that’s for sure!!

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
agree that the traps help make the cushion stand out!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trapz all the way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results