shape
carat
color
clarity

Which comes first, the diamond or the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ErraticPirate

Rough_Rock
Hello, my boyfriend is getting ready to buy an engagement ring but we aren''t sure of the best way to go about it. He is looking at purchasing a diamond either from WhiteFlash or BGD, and he is going to buy a Verragio band from a local jewelry store. However, we aren''t sure which he should buy first: the diamond or the ring.

The band will have to be custom made in my size, so do we buy the diamond first and send it off to be mounted with the ring, so that the ring is made to fit it? Or do we have the ring made and send it to be mounted where we buy the diamond?

Thank you for your help!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Why not get the Verragio from the same place as the diamond? Most jewelers won't be responsible for setting a diamond that they didn't sell. If you buy from two different places, you also have to know in advance what the diamond's dimensions are to get the ring made. I suppose if you get a fantastic discount price on the Verragio, it might be worth it to buy a setting locally. But send that mounting to the jeweler who sold the diamond so that they can set it and be responsible for breakage or damage that might happen. That's the fast answer, lol. I have to log off now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably get them from the same place but as long as you have a jeweler you trust to mount your diamond that would work too. Have fun shopping.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Check out Good Old Gold. The reason I say this is that I THINK they sell Verragio settings, and they also sell extremely well cut H&A stones. They''re a hugely recommended company here, along the lines of Whiteflash and BGD. Just a thought:)

ErraticPirate

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input. I didn''t think Whiteflash or BGD sold Verragio rings. I''ll have to look into GOG more. I had been leaning towards BGD because everyone seems to really love their diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results