shape
carat
color
clarity

Which combo to go with Mahenge trillions

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was contemplating doing my emerald with them, but I had some other gems that I think might look good with the mahenges. Here are the stones.

TLcombo_with_emerald.JPG

TLcombo_with_tourmaline.JPG

TLcombo_with_princess_chrys.JPG

TLcombo_with_tsavorite_cab.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more

TLcombo_with_round_chrys.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the Cab draws me in more for whatever reason, just love that combo. :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love them with the mint tourm. Too pinky for the chrysoberyls & somehow (may be my monitor) kind of meh w/the emerald. Color w/the cab is ok but imho, shape & texture are too different -- in the right setting, though, could look terrific.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmmm this is a tough one.

The Emerald doesn't look right somehow. I think it's because the clarity is so different from the Mahenges so your eye is drawn to the side stones not the Emerald which I don't think it should be.

The mint tourmaline, square and round chrysos are all disproportionate in size (too small) so again, I don't think are right.

The cab looks a good size and has nice proportions and holds its own against the side stones (because of it's size). If I had to choose it would be this one but ................. another thought ..............

Do you have another stone with great clarity (like the square chryso for example)? I think a bigger stone with great clarity will be a great balance.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with LD regarding proportions of the trillions with the mint tourmaline.
I have to say I like them with the round Chrysoberyl the best if I had to pick. Pink Lemonade, all in rose gold. Ooooh lala.

I love the emerald and the cab just not with the fiery mahenges.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I really love the cab!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I like all of them.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I vote the cab

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first I thought the mint green torurmaline just by judging from the pics. But if you emerald "glows" in real life then I think it would be the perfect compliment to your Mahenges.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1319233273|3045020 said:

The Emerald doesn't look right somehow. I think it's because the clarity is so different from the Mahenges so your eye is drawn to the side stones not the Emerald which I don't think it should be.

The mint tourmaline, square and round chrysos are all disproportionate in size (too small) so again, I don't think are right.

The cab looks a good size and has nice proportions and holds its own against the side stones (because of it's size). If I had to choose it would be this one but ................. another thought ..............

Do you have another stone with great clarity (like the square chryso for example)? I think a bigger stone with great clarity will be a great balance.

I have a 7 carat cushion cuprian tourmaline in a violet color. It's 10x10mm and these trillions are around 5.2 mm each.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them w/the round chryso best.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the sound of that! I like violet and pink together and the larger stone will look better with these gorgeous sides.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of these, I like the round chryso best, but I'd like to see a picture of the violet tourm with the spinels. :naughty:

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB|1319253612|3045258 said:
Out of these, I like the round chryso best, but I'd like to see a picture of the violet tourm with the spinels. :naughty:

Agree with NKOTB.

The trillions are beautiful, and they are a good size, too. :love:

usnwife

Rough_Rock
All of those combos are ugly; you need to sell me the stones. :Up_to_something: Those stones are perfect and will compliment anything nicely.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1319246580|3045195 said:
LovingDiamonds|1319233273|3045020 said:

I have a 7 carat cushion cuprian tourmaline in a violet color. It's 10x10mm and these trillions are around 5.2 mm each.

Piccie please! That might be a great combo but need to see it! The sizes sound good and as you're a blingy kinda girl that would suit you I think. Oh and by the way, 7ct violet? W :love: W

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Cab!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I vote cab too.

The emerald is gorgeous but I think the mahenges detract from it. The cab, on the other hand, has a great green color which looks great with those gorgeous mahenges! The smooth visual texture (?) of it also compliments, but doesn't compete with the trillions.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the cab for contrast, or the princess chryso in a band-style ring.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Those trillions are gorgeous, TL.

I like the color on the cab next to the spinels, but unless it looks different IRL than in the photos, I don't think the cab shows to advantage next to the cut and colors of the trillions. The cab is dreamy and mysterious, the trillions are all flash and luxurious color. I actually am liking the round chrysoberyl with the trillions, but would love to see the violet cuprian with them, too. Photos?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your comments everyone, and keep them coming. I will have to get to the bank to get the cuprian out. Truth be told, to me, it's a really valuable and rare gem, and I am ambivalent about setting it, but it's the only gem I have that I think has the right color, size and shape to go with the trillions. This is an old photo of the cuprian.

It has a very cool greyish violet color (much like a spinel), and a GIT memo indicating it's copper bearing, so I'm just terrified of setting it. I supposed I should though. It has a window, but the window would close up in the right setting.

TLvioletcuprian.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL I think the colour comb will be superb. Can you crop and paste the Mahenges next to it to give an idea? That'd save you going to the bank!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Definitely like the idea of the violet cuprian. LOVE.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That cuprian is beautiful, and I can see why you have it tucked away somewhere very, very safe! In fact, it's so lovely, I'd want to make it the star of the show, which I'm not sure it would be with the Mahenge spinels.

I agree that Photoshop is needed. Anyone?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think LD is right about the trillions looking best with a large stone of high clarity so might vote goes to the cuprian. Don't leave that baby locked up at the bank!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the cab for its color, size, and shape, but I'm not digging a cab with the trillions - I'd also rather see a clean, sparkly faceted stone. The cuprian looks like a great contender.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have this pear shaped sapphire, 2.75 carats, and 11mm in length (I forget the width), but it's about the length of the cuprian, and half the width of it.

file.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking this is about the right proportions. Forgive my sloppy cut and paste job.

TLcuprian_mahengesides.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1319324363|3045602 said:
I also have this pear shaped sapphire, 2.75 carats, and 11mm in length (I forget the width), but it's about the length of the cuprian, and half the width of it.

file.jpg

TL this stone is devine (as is your cuprian). Honestly I wouldn't set either with a different coloured stone but I know that you love mixing up combos. Sooooooooooooo, based on your mock-up of the cuprian, I think it's too big and wide for the Mahenges. Can you do the same next to the sapphire I'm thinking that as it's less wide, you may be onto a winner with that one.

BTW if EVER you decide to get rid of that sapphire, I'll happily take it off your hands (and the cuprian for that matter)! :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results